We ate our way around the world!

4mykids

Mouseketeer
This is very long....my apologies!

Upon arriving at WDW we sped to the MK for EMH. We were starving, but had to ride POC first. We then made our way to Columbia Harbor House and had the soup and 1/2 sandwich combo. I opted for the clam chowder and the tuna sandwich. This was very good. Lots of tuna salad with a great flavor. The chowder was incredibly good. Nice and hot. Just enough food. My DD had a bowl of chowder and loved it.

The next morning we had breakfast in our room and made our way to MGM. We had a very late lunch at the SciFi. We have had mixed results at this restaurant, but my DD loves the theming and it was her trip. I had the mixed greens topped with blue cheese vinagrette, cherry tomatoes, and red onions. Very good indeed. I love that dressing. I then had the Shrimp Penne Pasta. This had such potential with nice-sized shrimp, but the shrimp were overdone and the pasta was tough. My daughter had the chicken nuggets and fries and, of course, loved them. She then received a Happy Birthday hot fudge sundae which was very good. All in all, an okay meal. We will of course return as she loves it. Maybe I'll just have salad and dessert next time.

Again, the next morning we had breakfast in our room and headed to Epcot. We had "lunch" at Kringla Bakeri og Cafe in Norway. I had the School Bread and DD had a cinnamon roll. Both were yummy. We then headed to MK for a late lunch at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. Again, one of DDs favs. No accounting for taste! She had the kid's mac and cheese with applesauce and Mickey goldfish crackers. Loved it. I had the kid's Garden Salad with ranch dressing, applesauce, and crackers. Just could not do a large meal. This was fine. For dinner we had a 9:15 ADR for O'hana's. We were seated at a table by the window and had a fabulous view of Wishes. This was not planned, just happened. Our dinner was incredible. It began with appetizers of honey BBQ wings, grilled shrimp, wontons, and that wonderful salad with honey lime dressing. Everything was wonderful! Here comes the scalloped potatoes and stir fried veggies. The veggies were not my favorite (lots of celery), but the potatoes kept me coming back for more! Now, the meat. We had pork loin, turkey, sirloin steak, and sausage. The turkey was out of this world; very juicy and flavorful. The steak was also very good. The pork loin had a good flavor, but I kept going back to the turkey. The sausage had a great flavor, but was a little dry. We ate and ate and ate! Then dessert which was banana bread pudding with vanilla bean ice cream and vanilla sauce. Oh my gosh, it was divine! If only I had not eaten so much turkey! Our waitress was new and we never would have known it. She was so incredibly sweet and attentive. We never ran out of food. This was one of our best meals.

Now it is Wednesday and we are tired! We slept in and headed to Epcot. We ate at the Sunshine Seasons at the Land. My DD had mac and cheese. Do you see a pattern? Loved it! I had the Roasted Beets and Goat Cheese Salad with cilantro lime dressing. Okay, I know that may not sound great to all, but it was very good. The greens were mixed and the goat cheese was rolled in cracked pepper. The dressing had a good flavor. This was served with flat bread that was very fresh and good. It was a very good lunch we would repeat. On to dinner at the Rose and Crown. DD again had mac and cheese. Oh well, she got her dairy. She had the fruit and cheese plate for an appetizer. It had cubes of cheddar cheese with grapes and cantelope. It was very good. They also brought out a basket of cheese rolls which were excellent. I wanted something light and had the Ploughman's Salad (lunch offering, but they found one for me for dinner). It has ham, turkey, dill gherkins, tomatoes, boiled eggs, Stilton cheese, and Stilton cheese vinagrette. It was good. Our friends had the Cottage Pie and really liked it.

On Thursday we headed to AK and had lunch at our favorite CS restaurant, Tusker House. My DD had...you guessed it, Mac and Cheese. I had the salmon with jollof rice and fresh green beans. The salmon was wonderful (better than what I had at Le Cellier) and the beans were incredible. My friend had the rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy and beans. She really enjoyed her meal. For dinner we went to Teppanyaki at Epcot. I had the Filet Mignon with California Roll as an appetizer. The sushi was very good (what I got of it; my DD is a sushi pig!). The filet was cooked perfectly. We had veggies of onion, zucchini, and bean sprouts. My DD had the child's shrimp and cleaned her plate. We love this restaurant. Plenty of food and very fresh. Our chef was hilarious and we had a great time with him. Our tablemates were from L.A. and were a lot of fun.

Okay, it is Friday and my patience is gone. It is hot and the CMs at the MK gate are mean! We had 8:05 ADRs for Crystal Palace. Were told by Disney Dining to be at the gate by 7:40 which we were. They opened the gate for those with ADRs at 7:55 and one CM yelled at my DD for putting her ticket in too soon. Oh, the happiest place on earth! Oh, well, we had the place to ourselves and our 50 or so new friends who were also on their way to CP. We were called to our table at about 8:15. The food was very good especially the fruit, vegetable frittata, and breakfast lasagna (which was a sweet fruity dish). DD enjoyed the characters and we at a lot. This is a very good buffet. With record highs and no breeze or rain, we slowly made our way through the MK doing all we could as it was our last full park day. We had 4:10 ressies for Le Cellier, so we left MK around 2:30 and headed to Epcot. We rode in the front of the monorail with our favorite driver and the monorail had issues. It stopped twice and our driver had to hold down a switch to get us into Epcot at 20 mph. The whole process was fascinating, not frightening. We were seated around 4:15 and had a precious waitress, Sheena. She was very attentive and talkative. She brought us those wonderful breadsticks. We have always loved those! The multigrain are still our favorite! DD had chicken strips and fries and proclaimed them great. I had mixed greens with honey roasted pecans, bleu cheese, and pecan shallot vinagrette. My entree was the salmon with edaname succotash. For dessert I had the strawberries and balsalmic ice cream. The salad was very good, as always. The salmon was a bit salty, but good. The succotash was very tasty. The dessert was very good, but the cookies were very crunchy and I had trouble cutting them. Actually, I made a big mess, but since I will never see those people again, no problems!

Okay, its Saturday. Our going home day. Very sad. We're off to the Kona Cafe for breakfast. This is a tradition. DD had Minnie's French Toast with bacon and I had the Tonga Toast with bacon. We polished our plates, I mean nothing got past us! The Tonga Toast was fabulous, some of the best I have had. Not greasy at all. The bacon was drained well and cooked perfectly. We loved it! We then jumped over to MK to ride Space Mountain and Astro Orbiters. We had not had a chance to ride them this trip. Walked on to both. Again the gate CMs were not happy to be there. Good thing we were leaving as a third day of that and I would have been ejected from the property!

Sorry this is so long. My biggest trip of the trip...any CS restaurant will give you a large cup of water if you ask. No need to order. They were all glad to oblige. Found this out by accident when we were melting down in MGM and I need ice.

All in all, the only places I would have liked to have changed were SciFi and Rose & Crown. They were okay, but there are so many great places to eat at the world!

Enjoy!

Great reviews! We we're at Le Cellier last October, and ate there twice, and Sheena was our hostess both times! She was easy to remember because my name is Sheena too! Glad you had a nice time, except for the MK gate CM's.

Perfect report!! I should know better than to read these dining reviews before dinner, I AM STARVING!

Thanks for the reviews. May I ask you a question? Can you tell me what is in the tuna salad at CHH? I would like to eat there on our upcoming trip but the only thing on the menu DH will eat is tuna but he won't touch it if the tuna has veggies (like celery or onions) in it. Thanks!

jsmla said:
Thanks for the reviews. May I ask you a question? Can you tell me what is in the tuna salad at CHH? I would like to eat there on our upcoming trip but the only thing on the menu DH will eat is tuna but he won't touch it if the tuna has veggies (like celery or onions) in it. Thanks!

I cannot swear to it, but I think it was just tuna and mayo with maybe some spice. Honestly, I was so hungry I just wolfed it down. I remember the bread was toasted and it was dressed with lettuce and tomato. If it did have celery/onion is was very little and chopped very fine as not be be easily seen. I had read others who loved this sandwich and that's why I tried it. Try to search for Columbia Harbor House and see what others have said. There were other sandwiches you could get with the soup/sandwich combo also.

Thanks for sharing your reviews! I also love the tuna and clam chowder at CHH - my favorite counter service restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter