"We can DO IT Challenge" - Who wants to join

I'm a bit late to the party, I sure hope it isn't too late to join. I am down to my last 7lbs and would like to lose that before work starts August 27th. This summer I have lost a total of 39 pounds and am very anxious to rid myself of the final 7.

Just checking in! I actually started two weeks ago but haven't weighed myself since. I weighed 164 lbs. two weeks ago and I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 6 lbs.! So I'm 158 now! :woohoo:

We CAN do it!!

Hi Everyone!!!

I had the most amazing experience yesterday - I had to go to the doctor's office for a minor thing and of course they weigh you...well...I finally looked to see and was tickled to be 1/2 a pound off of the scale I use at home (and the dr's scale was lower!).

Anyway...I asked what I was last time I was in (end of May) and she looked it up and it was TWENTY SIX AND A HALF POUNDS more!!!! I thought I had lost 9 this summer....nuh uh!!! 26.5!!! :cool1:

My goals are the same though: 21 by Thanksgiving, 26 by January 1. And If U Had Wings has reminded me with your goal...I have two gorgeous wool winter coats I bought on mega mega mega clearance last year I want to fit into by Christmas.

Oooh, if it's not too late I'd love to be involved in this. I wanted to lose some weight before our trip, but since that's only a little over a week away, I don't think it's going to happen anymore. My goal is to get to Onederland by January 1. Since I'm not going to even pretend that I'll diet while in Disney, I'll probably be starting counting WW points on August 27, the Monday after we get back. I guess we'll see how much I gain in WDW :scared: to see how much I'm going to have to lose.

Hey, I'm in too! I actually started last week Wednesday 8/1 on my own and I thought I would venture over to WISH to get some motivation. HURRAY... I found a challenge! :cheer2: I am going to shoot for the moon and say 50#! That is 10# a month and 2.5# a week. I know I can DO IT and I love the idea of being back at WISH!

SO.... checking in for this week, I stepped on the scale and I am down 2.5#!!!!! HURRAY! Right on target! I feel great. Now I am off to exercise.:banana:

Oh, I am using a variety of things to help me this time. I am seeing a Wellness coach that is helping me set goals, I am seeing a dietician, and I am exercising at the gym and have a personal trainer available that helped set up an exercise plan. All of these things are available through my DH's work. And I only need to pay a 6$ copay for the dietician... everything else is FREE!:cool1:

Oh, I am using a variety of things to help me this time. I am seeing a Wellness coach that is helping me set goals, I am seeing a dietician, and I am exercising at the gym and have a personal trainer available that helped set up an exercise plan. All of these things are available through my DH's work. And I only need to pay a 6$ copay for the dietician... everything else is FREE!:cool1:

That's awesome that you have so many resources available to you and for free. I am positive that you will be able to make your goal along with the rest of us!:cheer2:

Awesome work and attitudes everyone!!! I know we will make our goals and will all be thinner and healthier in 2008!!!!

I do WW and don't have a set day to weighin, and since I don't have a scale at home, I'll update when I weighin. I was down 3 pounds today. It's funny, I've been up the past month, 5 pounds total, and it comes off so long as I stay on the program and keep track of every thing I eat. Journalling is so important for me. My goal, is to keep track for the next 2 and a half weeks before my vacation, and hopefully I'll lose the other 2.

Keep up the great work!! We can do it!!!:cool1:

Good morning ladies! It sounds like everyone has been doing really well!

slk537-What an awesome surprise to have lost 26 pounds this summer - that's fantastic! I wish my doctor's scale would say the same thing.

Princess Vija- That's great that your husband's work will help pay for the dietitian, wellness coach, etc. I'm going to look into that at my current job. I'm also beginning the search for a new job and one of the places I'm interview at has WW at Work, which I think would be fantastic!

Anyways, hope everyone is staying cool! It got up to 102 degrees yesterday here in DC and it was stifling hot. I hit the gym and did my run indoors...I can't get over the people who are able to do it outside in this weather. Hope everyone has a great day! :)

I feel like I overcame a major hurtle this morning. I work at Rockefeller Center in NYC and every Wed-Thurs. through the summer they are having a farmers market going on. I've been easily tempted too many times by the fresh baked mini pies and cookies this summer.

Today I walked through, picked up my free sample of Ocean Spray diet and left without buying a thing. Woo Hoo!:woohoo: It's such a small thing, but I'm feeling so much better already. I just know the scales are going to be happier with me this week already! Now I just have to remember this feeling when I walk through there at lunch time!

Hi everyone -

Ok so far here is our group (and anyone is welcome to join us)! Let me know if your goal isn't correct or if you have lost more or less than I have down. I'm going to start a new thread so come look for it. This way I know where I left off on updating. I'm going to cut and paste this message to the new thread. See you there!

MelanieC 0/30
NeverlandClub23 6/15
Denecarter 0/30
Mikamah 3/15
MisMikiNikiLynne 0/30
Becka 0/40
Lconstant 0/25
LJRJR 0/28
slk537 0/26
Sleeping*Beauty 0/7
dizchick 0/16
PaulaSue 0/32
DisDee 0/15
Keyana 0/25
If U Had Wings /Wear size 10 coat in closet
Lifelong_Dreamer 0/30
Dolce27 0/10
Sherri 0/7
Procrastinator /Get to onderland
PRINCESS VIJA 2.5/50

Hi everyone -

Ok so far here is our group (and anyone is welcome to join us)! Let me know if your goal isn't correct or if you have lost more or less than I have down. I'm going to start a new thread so come look for it. This way I know where I left off on updating. I'm going to cut and paste this message to the new thread. See you there!

MelanieC 0/30
NeverlandClub23 6/15
Denecarter 0/30
Mikamah 3/15
MisMikiNikiLynne 0/30
Becka 0/40
Lconstant 0/25
LJRJR 0/28
slk537 0/26
Sleeping*Beauty 0/7
dizchick 0/16
PaulaSue 0/32
DisDee 0/15
Keyana 0/25
If U Had Wings /Wear size 10 coat in closet
Lifelong_Dreamer 0/30
Dolce27 0/10
Sherri 0/7
Procrastinator /Get to onderland
PRINCESS VIJA 2.5/50

If you are starting a new thread for this group could you post a link to it in this thread so that we all can make it over there?

I'd like to join up if possible. I am in desparate need of doing something that lasts longer than a few weeks before I blow it.

I would like to lose 20 pounds by the new year.

I am leaving on vacation on Sunday, so I hope to get back at this on August 20th.

I weighed myself last night and I was 161. But, I think we're going to upgrade to a digital scale. To make reading it easier.

Is it too late to join? I'd like to lose 25lbs. by the end of the year.

Thanks,
Laurie

Can I join in?
Lets say 25 for the end of the year.
That will put me halfway to my goal :)

Thanks

I would like to lose 35 lbs by 1/1/08. I am currently at 174.8 and would like to be 140 by the new year.

I am inspired by those of you who have done well so far. It helps to keep me going. I have lost 40, but need to lose 60 more pounds to get to my goal. I think 35 lbs by the end of the year is doable.

Thanks!!

Just thought I'd update to say that I just joined WW monthly pass. Is anyone else on the program? I'm excited about starting. We booked a Wonder cruise for May, so I now also have a long-term goal of 36 lbs. I sure could use some support...visit me on the WISH journals, and I'll visit you too!

I'd like to jump in too. Put me down for 25 by the end of the year. I was doing really well but have gotten lax and gained a lot back.

These challenges helped me a lot!

I love the encouragement you get from everybody.

Room for one more?

I really need a support group since my boyfriend, his family, and I are doing the Disney Half Marathon. Figure if I can make it to January 1st, the following two weeks slide right by. I'd also like to lose a decent amount of weight, 20 lbs will get me to my high school weight.

Me and my scale are having a disagreement. It keeps giving me diffrent numbers. Anyone know of a reliable scale?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter