We did everything wrong, but it turned out great - Day 3

RVGal

Whaaa?
For those of you that want the full story, Day 1 can be found here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1473969

and Day 2 can be found here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1474912

We decided to sleep in on Tuesday morning. It had been a go, go, go scheduled since landing in Orlando on Saturday night. We didn't want the kids to get grumpy from too much excitement and not enough sleep... okay, WE didn't want to get grumpy from too much excitement and not enough sleep... so there was no alarm set, no plan, just rest. DS5, apparently, didn't get the memo. He pads into our bedroom, climbs up on the bed, and shouts, "IT'S ALREADY 7:34!!!" :eek:

Who taught that kid his numbers? Or how to tell time?
Oh, yeah... that would be me. Sigh.

Thanks to his quiet declaration, DS2 was not far behind him. Well, I guess we might as well get ourselves up and moving. We made breakfast in the room, showered, dressed, greased up with sunscreen and headed for Universal.

We managed to hit parking at almost exactly the same time we had on Sunday. 11am. The don't-you-know-this-is-when-everyone-arrives-so-don't-do-it time. Oh, well. We still got through and parked in a decent amount of time. Wheeee... we get to go on DS2s favorite ride again (the moving sidewalks). No stop at the ticket booths for us today, just straight up to the entrance with our 7 day/2 park passes.

102629IOAEntrance-med.jpg

Of course, we do have stop for stroller rental and get caught in line behind someone renting an ECV... which apparently requires DNA samples and a urine test to rent (okay, maybe just a deposit, proof or age, and photo ID, but it seemed like a lot to go through for a rental ;) ).

Off we head to Seuss Landing...

102629SuessLanding-med.jpg

... where we will spend the majority of our visit. We parked the stroller outside of The Cat In The Hat and got in line. There was only a 15 min wait until we climbed into our sofas and shared a few moments with The Cat In The Hat and the mischievous Thing 1 and Thing 2. Love that ride. So did DS5. DS2 once again had issues with the unusual motion. All was fine until we spun. At least that is only for a moment and at the end of the ride.

DS5 spotted the One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish ride and we herded ourselves that way. It took about 15 mins again for us to claim our fish.

102629OneFishTwoFish-med.jpg

I was really getting nervous about DS2 riding anything because two rides that I was just SURE would be hits (Pooh at MK and Cat in the Hat) had not thrilled him as I expected. Turns out, both boys loved One Fish Two Fish. DS5 loved to aim our fish at the water sprays so that I (sitting on the outside) would get wet. "Ha, ha, Mommy! Got you again!" :rolleyes: And DS2 came off the ride yelling, "Up, UP... Watey, WATEY!!" (he still can't get the wah-ter sounds together) I give up trying to guess what will humor him and what won't. :confused3

DS5 informed us that he was getting hungry, so we decided to take an early lunch at Circus McGurkus Cafe'. There was a podium set up outside where they were explaining/hawking the Meal Deal. Did someone said "bargain"? Did someone mention "eat all you want"? Oh, those are DHs magic buttons. We MUST do it! "But, honey, we can feed ourselves for half that and order whatever we want. I've read several reviews on the Universal board that say it's not worth it." Yup... like talking to a brick wall. :rolleyes: We get our wrist bands attached and head in to lunch. The food was pretty good for basic theme park fare. We saw one couple that had decided to cheat the system. He had a wrist band and went through one line, brought the meal back to the table, then headed back through the other line and brought back a second meal to table. She didn't have a wrist band. I'm sure Universal will just have to figure out a way to beat the people that are beating the system. Sigh. :sad2:

After lunch, we headed for the High in the Sky Trolley. We walked straight on... no wait. I thought it was cute. Next we headed for the Caro-Seuss-el.

102629Carosuessel-med.jpg

Then we ran into the Grinch.

102629Grinch-med.jpg

Then we let the kids burn off some energy in the If I Ran The Zoo Playground.

102629IfIRanTheZoo-med.jpg

Playing tic-tac-toe with Joe...

102629TicTacToeJoe-med.jpg

DS2 really burned off energy. He crashed after the playground. DS5 just needed some Dippin Dots to cool him down.

102629DippinDots-med.jpg

DS5 was determined to try out the Spider-Man ride, so we figured we'd takle that wait while DS2 napped. The standby wait time was listed as 45 mins, but we made it on our car in about 25 mins. I'm not sure if the signs were wrong or if we were just lucky, but we never had to wait the estimated times on the signs. Spider-Man is easily my favorite ride of any kind, anywhere. DS5 handled it okay. It was probably a little too intense for him yet, but he is such a huge Spider-Man fan that I'm glad we went ahead and rode it. Otherwise, he might have felt like he missed out on something.

We exited the ride and joined up with DH and DS2 just in time for the arrival of the Marvel Super Heroes.

102629Wolverine-med.jpg

102629CaptAmerica-med.jpg

I asked DS5 what he wanted to do next and he told me he wanted to ride One Fish, Two Fish again and then go swim at the hotel. Okay. So, we head back to Seuss Landing to get squirted by the fish again... but I let DH ride with DS5 this time. ;) DH snapped a pic of me & DS2.

102629RedFishBlueFish-med.jpg

After our last ride we headed back to the resort for a little pool time. Here's one of the little wading pools at Cypress Harbour.

102629WadingPool.jpg

We let the kids exhaust themselves and then enjoyed some wind-down time, dinner, and an early bedtime.

Tomorrow it will be another attempt at sleeping in and then off to Disney MGM Studios. :)

The story continues with Day 4 here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1476783

i think i remember it was your DH that was the bargain hunter?? I'm enjoying reading......your boys are "morning people" :rolleyes: ....we aren't...that's why we enjoy UO so much.....we get to sleep in and we are among those 11am arrivers :rolleyes1

i think i remember it was your DH that was the bargain hunter?? I'm enjoying reading......your boys are "morning people" :rolleyes: ....we aren't...that's why we enjoy UO so much.....we get to sleep in and we are among those 11am arrivers :rolleyes1

Yeah, my DH is the bargain hunter... for lack of a more polite term... :laughing:

He's the kind that with head to a SALE table in a department store... grab a pair of pants... and shout, "These are only TWO DOLLARS! We have to get them!!!"
"Why?"
"They're ONLY TWO DOLLARS!"
"And they are not only butt-ugly... they are also not your size..."
"But TWO DOLLARS! For PANTS! You can't make them for that!!!"
"I can't make pants for two hundred dollars. I don't know how. What is your point?"
"Surely we know somebody that can use them. I can't pass up a DEAL like this!"
"If it'll make you happy to buy the hideous pants that nobody else wants and won't fit you anyway, go ahead and blow the two bucks..."

And a few months later when he's forgotten about the great-deal-butt-ugly-pants, I get to haul them down to the local thrift store. :confused3

Oh, well... if that's my biggest complaint about my hubby, I don't have much to complain about... :goodvibes

I've been loving your trip report, too. Thank you for posting all the links. We also incorporate WDW in our Universal vacations, so I've been enjoying those days in your TR :)

Your hubby sounds like a sweetie. I had to read the part of your post to my DH -- he's same way -- about how you and one of your sons were going to hit US and your DH and other son were going to get checked in and settled, and he ends up wanting to go to the parks, too. DH & I always have a "plan of action" to make the most of our vacation time, even if it means separating, but we always end up canning it and doing everything together :hug:

Can't wait to read more!

You have a lovely family! The look on everyones face is of total enjoyment! Thanks for sharing your trip with us I am really enjoying it and the pictures have added to that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter