"We don't do pancakes to go!"

Y-ASK

Y-ASK
My OKW Trip Report Thread:

We flew in last Thursday on South West and the flight went well with one exception; you do not need to bring a car seat for your three year old if they like to kick. The 1st part of the flight the wife had a terrible time trying to get the littlest one from kicking the seat in front of us and the older gentleman was not too happy about it.
The 2 bdr. has been great! There are obviously small maintance issues but the room is nice, big, and clean. We seem to be spending more time in the room or at the pool the 1st couple of days than we normally do. We ordered grocery's over the internet and that went pretty well. Had to settle for a 2nd or 3rd option in some cases. Because the resort handled the delivery I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to tip the company "GardenGrocerys" or something like that.
It got cold yesterday (Monday) but that was fine because we already spent a great deal of time at the pool. My sister-in-law's daughter was sick for the 1st two days so we didn't go to any of the parks. MK was great yesterday and AK was cool this morning. My wife took my two girls over to DT to get the princess treatment with the works. OH MY GOD! Now I've got $350 less in my pocket after that... We (my son and I) are actually waiting for them to get back so we can go to some late night party at MK. I can never remember the names they give for such events but it should be a good time.
Now for the complaints: What do you mean I can't get pancakes to go from Olivia's! Then sell them at the to-go store, and no, I have no desire to purchase the already mixed up kind and do it myself. This was suppose to be my attempt at giving the wife a break from cooking although we really havn't done too much of that :).
Next: Let my 8 year old son drive the boat. It only goes five miles an hour and I'd more than happy to sign that I would be responseble for any damage that might happen. He was very disappointed when we got caught having switched places. I should have checked 1st so that I would have known the appropriate age when asked. He's 8, I said he was 10, and he had to be 12. Oh well at least he got to drive about half way to DT via the waterway. I tried to make it up to him but asking if he wanted to rent bikes while we waited for the girls who were getting the princess poofed treatment and he thought that was a great idea, only when we went to rent the bikes for about an hour at 5 PM the bike rentals closed at 5 PM. Strike Two.
So we played basketball and I let him beat me in "HORSE". Waiting for the girls so we can be off but for some reason they happened upon a time when the bus was running extremely slow at DT. It's 7 PM now and we've missed the start of the party. Personally I don't care, I'm just going with the flow and trying to make everything as easy and laid back as possible. But I still can't get over the "We don't do pancakes to go!" response. You'd have thought I was asking for a million doller loan...:)

Y-ASK

For some reason (I have yet to understand), Olivia's does not do To-Go for anything except a VERY limited menu at the snack bar there.

The one major complaint I have about OKW is the lack of CS food. For the size of the resort, I can't believe they don't have more take-out available.

CarnotaurDad said:
For some reason (I have yet to understand), Olivia's does not do To-Go for anything except a VERY limited menu at the snack bar there.

The one major complaint I have about OKW is the lack of CS food. For the size of the resort, I can't believe they don't have more take-out available.
But they did in the past. At one time the entire Olivias menu was available to go.

THis from another post. Apparently this is something we can blame DDP. People were complaining when they were charged a table service credit when they were doing "counter service." So no more to go.

Cyn

Figment2 said:
THis from another post. Apparently this is something we can blame DDP. People were complaining when they were charged a table service credit when they were doing "counter service." So no more to go.

Cyn

Or we can blame those that tried to abuse the DDP system and made it difficult for all of us. I would have no problem with ordering from Olivias's and getting it to go and be charged a TS.

I think the same thing happened at Beaches and Cream. People wanted to get the same items that you get sitting down at a table in the restaurant, but get it at the to go window for a counter service credit.

Sammie said:
Or we can blame those that tried to abuse the DDP system and made it difficult for all of us. I would have no problem with ordering from Olivias's and getting it to go and be charged a TS.

:thumbsup2

Personally I wish OKW would add a more extensive counter service area similar to the other DVC locations. Possibly instead of focusing on Olivia's not having take out, we could suggest to DVC that in lieu of the changes, they offer a better CS alternative.

Yep. The no takeout is a stupid, horrible change, that's directly the fault of the DDP!

Mickey's Very Merry Xmas was pretty cool. We had four princesses with us and they looked great. My wife and sister-in-law would not tell me how much they paid. I thought the cost was $175.00 per child but the wife pointed out that it starts at $175.00. At this point in time I don't even want to know :). As with everything I tend to write I've got the good and the bad. Now for the bad, I was the only one that wanted to go on the Haunted Mansion ride after 11:00 PM and I lost. Yeah it's corney but I still remember that ride when I was kid growing up in FL many years ago. Any way I'm beat and guess what; tomorrow morning I can look forward to "We don't do pancakes to go"...;)

Y-ASK

jodifla said:
Yep. The no takeout is a stupid, horrible change, that's directly the fault of the DDP!
I agree and To-Go from Olivia's was one of our favorite things to do while staying there. We got to enjoy a nice dinner in the relative quiet of our villa. I think out of all of the changes related to the DP, I miss this one the most.

I used to love getting Goods to Go whenever we stayed at okw. I hope Disney comes to there senses soon and fixes some of these ridiculous changes they have been making lately. I am not expecting it though.

Everyone that is unhappy with the change, have you emailed DVC to let them know?

Sammie said:
Everyone that is unhappy with the change, have you emailed DVC to let them know?

Actually, no. :blush: Honestly, I really didn't think they would care, especially if it was done because of the DP. But I guess, nothing ventured.....

OKWMom said:
Actually, no. :blush: Honestly, I really didn't think they would care, especially if it was done because of the DP. But I guess, nothing ventured.....

Thanks for being honest, I am sure many others have come here and vented over and over again and never let Disney know.

Sammie said:
Personally I wish OKW would add a more extensive counter service area similar to the other DVC locations. Possibly instead of focusing on Olivia's not having take out, we could suggest to DVC that in lieu of the changes, they offer a better CS alternative.

Either or would be fine with me.

I've been tough on the DDP for sure but I believe there is more to it than just cost cutting. With more people using the dining plan there are more people eating in the WDW restaurants. You take a full restaurant also running counter service and then adding to go orders and you have got problems.
The additional volume has also been a problem I'm sure.

I also agree the abusers have ruined things for us all. They probably laughed it up getting TS food for CS tickets. The poor CM's probably didn't want to say no so a manager had to step in and end it all so there was no decsion to be made and take the heat off those poor cm's.

Rinkwide is also correct. The squeaky wheel does get the grease so please use the link and complain.

I was at OKW alone, sisters would arrive next day. I had a horrible migraine, and just wanted to get dinner to go, so I could take my meds, and have dinner in my room watching the emmy's.

Go to Olivia's... no to go! I can't tell you how po'd I was. They told me I could go next door and get a greasy hamburger, I said no I needed dinner.

Then they told me I could eat with a strange man, he was alone too! I just glared at that one.

So , I said fine...table for 1.. I sat down, ordered my dinner, nothing to drink.. took 1 bite, told her bring me a to go box.. she did. I paid my tab, I tipped her, and left. Had my wonderful dinner in my room...

also, besides the man in the corner, the restaurant was empty.

Later , I saw a couple of other people leaving there alone with large to go containers.

I couldn't figure it out, but I get it now, it's all about the DDP/ .

Other than that, We loved OKW....thank goodness we had a car after my sisters got there. The bus was just miserable.

dumbo71 said:
I also agree the abusers have ruined things for us all. They probably laughed it up getting TS food for CS tickets. The poor CM's probably didn't want to say no so a manager had to step in and end it all so there was no decsion to be made and take the heat off those poor cm's.
I don't disagree but don't you think that Disney has been complicit in the abuses. While they came out with reasonable rules, they haven't seemed especially interested in enforcing them and apparently haven't made it clear to those employees and others involved that it is important to enforce the rules. I do know that no matter what the rules are some will go out of their way to bypass them but when you make it to easy or even encourage them, many others will go beyond what's intended as well.

Take the occupancy issue. Had DVC said from the get go that it was strictly enforced, gotten MS and the resorts on board , a certain number would have still abused it but much less than do so now. However, when MS and the guides encourage it and even suggest it in some situations, a lot more people will go over the stated occupancy.

disgal1 said:
I was at OKW alone, sisters would arrive next day. I had a horrible migraine, and just wanted to get dinner to go, so I could take my meds, and have dinner in my room watching the emmy's.

Go to Olivia's... no to go! I can't tell you how po'd I was. They told me I could go next door and get a greasy hamburger, I said no I needed dinner.

Then they told me I could eat with a strange man, he was alone too! I just glared at that one.

So , I said fine...table for 1.. I sat down, ordered my dinner, nothing to drink.. took 1 bite, told her bring me a to go box.. she did. I paid my tab, I tipped her, and left. Had my wonderful dinner in my room...

Had a similar experience on my second last trip. My daughter was sick and didn't want to eat out towards the end of our trip. We needed to use up our TS's. I wanted to get 'to go' from Wolfgang Puck's restaurant as I had to go to Downtown Disney for another item as well. No 'to go' on the dining plan because 'Disney' does not allow it. So I got a counter seat and ordered two full dinners with appetizers, entrees and desserts, and the waitress brought them to me in to go cartons. I did eat an appetizer and had a drink while I waited for the order. I was told if I just stood and waited for the order it was considered counter service and they (WP's) don't do counter service on the DDP. It worked out and it's relatively easy at Puck's since counter seats in the bar area are first come first serve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter