"We don't do pancakes to go!"

Dean said:
I don't disagree but don't you think that Disney has been complicit in the abuses. While they came out with reasonable rules, they haven't seemed especially interested in enforcing them and apparently haven't made it clear to those employees and others involved that it is important to enforce the rules. I do know that no matter what the rules are some will go out of their way to bypass them but when you make it to easy or even encourage them, many others will go beyond what's intended as well.

Take the occupancy issue. Had DVC said from the get go that it was strictly enforced, gotten MS and the resorts on board , a certain number would have still abused it but much less than do so now. However, when MS and the guides encourage it and even suggest it in some situations, a lot more people will go over the stated occupancy.

Here, here, Dean. One of your best posts in a long time. :thumbsup2

1) The DDP has reduced the number of to-go items.
2) Many eateries no longer even will do to-go.
1) I don't see this changing very soon.

NOTE: When a DDP has a to-go, WDW does not know if it went to a non-DDP person. Sure, the DDP owner has food rights, but WDW does not get the non-DDP food cash. In many cases, DDP people actually leave coupons with WDW when they go home. This is added profit for WDW. Thus, WDW does not want DDP to end up with non-DDP people. By the way, the CM's at Olivia's do not like this, but have no choice. Obviously, people will also try to get TS food for CS coupons.

disgal1 said:
...they told me I could eat with a strange man, he was alone too!...
Sounds like the mustachioed Kazakh journalist in the ill-fitting suit I saw last trip. He was sitting in a corner booth and kept high-fiving the waitress every time she refilled his coffee.

Sammie said:
Thanks for being honest, I am sure many others have come here and vented over and over again and never let Disney know.

This is no different than other boards(non-WDW). People will come and vent till they're blue in the fingertips(instead of face). When asked did you write a letter,email of talk to a manager, the answer is always no. :confused3

Like when you're eating out and a manager asks about your meal. They want to know. Have gotten a few free meals, the best was one time DH & I were out and things seemed a little slow(but we were kid free so we were enjoying it). Manager came out and told us our food took too long, so we got a free dinner. The time lag didn't bother me enough to say something.

Dean said:
I don't disagree but don't you think that Disney has been complicit in the abuses. While they came out with reasonable rules, they haven't seemed especially interested in enforcing them and apparently haven't made it clear to those employees and others involved that it is important to enforce the rules. I do know that no matter what the rules are some will go out of their way to bypass them but when you make it to easy or even encourage them, many others will go beyond what's intended as well.

Take the occupancy issue. Had DVC said from the get go that it was strictly enforced, gotten MS and the resorts on board , a certain number would have still abused it but much less than do so now. However, when MS and the guides encourage it and even suggest it in some situations, a lot more people will go over the stated occupancy.

Dean, I agree 100%. The abusers will always exist but the way DVC arbitrarily applies the "rules" is the real problem.

Starr W. said:
This is no different than other boards(non-WDW). People will come and vent till they're blue in the fingertips(instead of face). When asked did you write a letter,email of talk to a manager, the answer is always no. :confused3

Like when you're eating out and a manager asks about your meal. They want to know. Have gotten a few free meals, the best was one time DH & I were out and things seemed a little slow(but we were kid free so we were enjoying it). Manager came out and told us our food took too long, so we got a free dinner. The time lag didn't bother me enough to say something.

I agree. I'm venter number one for sure but mark me down as one that "vents" to DVC and WDW in the form of phone calls, letters and emails.

Part of the reason I do vent in public forums is to encourage others who agree to do something about it.

Simply typing here is a waste of time despite the reports of how Big Brother is watching.

Please, if you have a legitimate complaint please follow up with the proper channels.

dumbo71 said:
I agree. I'm venter number one for sure but mark me down as one that "vents" to DVC and WDW in the form of phone calls, letters and emails.

Part of the reason I do vent in public forums is to encourage others who agree to do something about it.

Simply typing here is a waste of time despite the reports of how Big Brother is watching.

Please, if you have a legitimate complaint please follow up with the proper channels.

I love the people that think the Big Brother in question has an army of people monitoring message boards to look for complaints. :rotfl2:

Dean said:

Totally agree. This is in my opinion, Disney's greatest shortcoming. They don't actively enforce anything. They are into passive agreement. If a policy is made and too many guests abuse it, instead of enforcing it, they change the policy. Hence the change to Olivia's. Same with many other things. There is no reason DVC can't have the same NS policy that hundreds of timeshares do, smoke in a NS unit and you pay a very heafty fine. It works. Same with occupancy levels, abuse them and be evicted or required to get a larger unit.

Why do they do this? Because if they try to enforce policies, they are accused of being too tough, not magical enough, no pixie dust etc, etc. People complain when they try to enforce policy.

Until enough people complain about them "not" enforcing policy and making all of us suffer for the sins of the few, they will continue to do this.

I have complained, has anyone else?

Thanks so much for providing the link ---- I just sent off an email expressing my disappointment at no take-out and also expressing our great satisfaction with other aspects of our November trip.
I also appreciate the suggestions on how to obtain food to bring back to the room........ it seems very workable to sit and enjoy an appetizer while the meal is being prepared and then get it packed up to go (although it would be much more efficient to just be able to phone in the order and pick it up).

Sammie said:
. . . Totally agree. This is in my opinion, Disney's greatest shortcoming. They don't actively enforce anything . . .

1) Usually, the CM's are good about enforcement - most are quite dedicated.
2) However, one complaint to a manager and the enforcement is overturned.
3) The young managers are told to not let complaints go higher.
4) The managers get criticized if their bosses hear of a complaint.
5) In the end, the CM gets frustrated and doesn't enforce any longer.
6) In some cases, the manager will chastise the CM for the enforcement.
7) The CM's are caught in the middle and just can't win.
8) Thus, it is easier for the CM to just look the other way.

TheRustyScupper said:
1) Usually, the CM's are good about enforcement - most are quite dedicated.
2) However, one complaint to a manager and the enforcement is overturned.
3) The young managers are told to not let complaints go higher.
4) The managers get criticized if their bosses hear of a complaint.
5) In the end, the CM gets frustrated and doesn't enforce any longer.
6) In some cases, the manager will chastise the CM for the enforcement.
7) The CM's are caught in the middle and just can't win.
8) Thus, it is easier for the CM to just look the other way.

And that must make it a pretty tough job to work at WDW.

Deb & Bill said:
I think the same thing happened at Beaches and Cream. People wanted to get the same items that you get sitting down at a table in the restaurant, but get it at the to go window for a counter service credit.
I know. I've found this change very annoying the last few trips. Seating is so limited at B&C and we used to order from the menu at the counter and take it to go. NO more, though. YOu can only get ice cream now. I guess you can always go to Hurricane Hannah's, but the menu there is very limited, IMO.

Ok, so I'm trying to understand this situation. I was going to pay cash for the pancakes so I'm not sure how the dining plan has anything to do with take-out. I'm sure I missed a thread some where along the way that explains this. Can someone inform me as to how DDP has caused this problem and what the abusers are doing.

Thanks,
Y-ASK

As a side note; During our last day at MK last Friday we got to sit in on the 1st Monster's Inc. attraction. They wanted a test audience to try out the material. We just happened to be walking by and were asked if we wanted to see the show. Any body else get a sneak peak at the new show?

CRSNDSNY said:
Seating is so limited at B&C and we used to order from the menu at the counter and take it to go. NO more, though. YOu can only get ice cream now. I guess you can always go to Hurricane Hannah's, but the menu there is very limited, IMO.

We just got back. That's what we were planning to do, get it to go. We waited 40 minutes at B&C for a table on Friday, Dec 8, at 2:30 pm. We told them we'd take first available, but it didn't help us much. That's the longest I've ever waited there. I wish they'd put the arcade elsewhere, and bump the restaurant out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter