We got Orders...Germany

KT27

<font color=magenta>Disney Bride<br><font color=co
Well yet again we have orders to report to Conn Barracks, Schweinfurt, Germany in March 08. Anybody have any information? My head is spinning!

hey katie, i dont know how excited you are or if you are excited but congrats on Germany. Its awesome there. i will be there soemtime next year just for a week or 2 at ramstein i dont know how close that is.

Ohh Germany!! I'd love to go to Germany!! Have fun!! I hear it's incredible for Christmas!

Don't have any info on that particular area, but my DB was stationed in Germany for about 6 yrs total, met his lovely wife there and just loves it over there. They really want to get stationed back there again but the Army isn't being so obliging(sp) Have a great time!! DH is in the navy and while we have seen lots of the US we haven't been stationed overseas.

Piglet--like you, we are a Navy family and Germany is pretty much not possible. :( Love to go!! We've been overseas (Italy) and are on our second OCONUS tour. Love it!!

1st ID? Schweinfurt, Germany is a beautiful place. Haven't been there in years but it's in Bavaria (which I'm sure you knew). It's picturesque and fairly close to big cities. Good luck

1st ID? Schweinfurt, Germany is a beautiful place. Haven't been there in years but it's in Bavaria (which I'm sure you knew). It's picturesque and fairly close to big cities. Good luck

From what I hear most likely 1st ID but his orders don't state it. We will find out! Everybody has told us we are going to love the tour in Germany...I guess its nervewracking now.

I got command sponsored yesterday and his orders switched to Baumholder....looks like they are bulking up for a deployment GRRR....

I lived in Germany for 6 years growing up. I still remember all my trips vividly! OMG!! My mom and I talk about moving there on a daily basis. There's so much to see and do. Don't be afraid to venture out!!! It can be a little scary at first but once you get the hang of the public transportation...OMG!!! the sky's the limit.

Everyone stationed overseas tends to "buddy up"...make things into "little america"...which is nice because you can all grip and complain together. But I never really wanted to hang out with that crowd. I spent alot of my time traveling!!!:thumbsup2

It was a total of 6 yrs stationed in Germany at two different bases...both Air Force. I have always been an Air Force girl. 3 yrs in Zweibruken. 3 yrs at Rhein-Main. And with my ex-dh I lived in England for 3 yrs. THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!!:banana: :cloud9: :love:

There is so much to see and do. I went Volksmarching alot...its like hiking..but you get a prize at the end!! I went to all the Christmas markets...try all the food! VISIT ALL THE CASTLES!!! Never pass up the opportunity to go ANYWHERE!! Even if money is tight...which it can sometimes be...most people get very homesick over there and tend to sit at home and make babies...:rotfl: Sorry...but its in the water!:rolleyes1

I know I would trade with you in a heartbeat!! You're really embarking on a wonderful experience. My only advice...Make friends quickly but don't let them hold you back! TRAVEL LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW>>>:hippie: Don't worry about the lanuage either...

***I have learned from my travels that if you can figure out these 3 questions you can travel anywhere...

1. DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH?
2. HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
3. WHERE IS THE BATHROOM?

Trust me...I don't spell German very well...but I can speak those 3 questions to this day!!:laughing:

And trust me...you'll have a great time! Best of luck!!:flower3:

I got command sponsored yesterday and his orders switched to Baumholder....looks like they are bulking up for a deployment GRRR....

First time I was in Baumholder I was with the 3 ACR, and we rotated back to CONUS in the 1st Reforger. Figure out how long ago that was. The train has to turn around in Baumholder because the tracks end there (or at least they did). Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter