We have booked the POP but I am doubting our decision

Our last visit was at the Pop. We enjoyed it very much! The food court had a great selection. The bus transportation wasn't perfect but it was definitely doable. The room was comfortable for no longer than we were in it.

The only problems we encountered was the check out process. Since we were flying one of the participating airlines, we used the luggage check in. SO DID EVERYONE ELSE. We waited in line over an hour! Then waited in another line to board the bus back to the airport. We shouldn't checked our bags at the airport!

I don't think I would upgrade to moderate. To me it's not worth the price difference. I would add on the DDP instead!

We opted for a moderate b/c of the extra space. We'll need a portable crib so wanted the extra room. Plus the double sinks are nice.

yeah, extra room and sinks are nice especially with a small child.

Have a great trip! And... love your name...:rotfl2:

I have stayed in the ASMo, POP and CBR. I was very disappointed in the POP. I had heard such great things about the POP. We had issues from the almost the time we walked into the resort. We dropped our bags off and immediately went to the parks. When we got back only some of our luggage was in our rooms. We had water shipped down which had not been delivered and our carryon bags which we checked in at luggage were missing. They found our missing luggage, but then had no clue where are carry on bags were which had all of my mother's clothes. They also still couldn't find our water. It was almost 10 p.m. at this point and we had all been up since 4 a.m. and I was not happy. Finally they found the carry on luggage but still no water.

I spoke to a supervisor who told us they would compensate us for our troubles which never happened.

Then we started having trouble with our room keys, they were not working, so we kept getting locked out of our room and with 3 really tired kids it is not fun. I had to call several times, the keyed me new cards which did not work. They had someone work on the lock, which did not work either. I also spoke to a supervisor on that and nothing happened. Our keyes also were our Dining Plan cards which were no longer working either and we had to pay out of pocket for our counter service, which I got reimbursed for, but I should of been reimbursed and able to keep the credits on my card, which I was not.

All in all I would not recommend the POP again to anyone. I had a great stay at the ASMo and CBR and would say stay there. I think we are trying the ASMu Family Suites for our trip in Oct, it is still up in the air.

When in doubt due without! sorry I could not resist. Seriously though if you decide to stay there, keep your expectations low and don't over research. I find that when I don't do that and had doubts to begin with, the resort is doomed before I get there.

We have stayed at Pop twice and really liked it. We usually stay at Deluxe resorts and I was not sure I would like Pop but I really do. The food court is huge and has a great selection. We have eaten at the food courts at the All Stars and they are much smaller with less variety. You have a choice of 3 different pools at Pop. My kids had fun trying out all three. The bus service has been great with no other stops.

I agree that the line for the Magical Express bus always seems very long so I would keep that in mind the day you are leaving.

You need to do what you feel comfortable with though. No matter what experience anyone else has had.

We've stayed at the Pop in past trips and everytime I go to book a new trip I'm in the same dilemna-to upgrade or not? At the end of hours more of research(which I already know the things I'm researching) I come up with the result that I've been happy with Pop in the past, DD enjoys it and I would rather have the extra money for something else. I just know how ticked I would be if I paid extra to upgrade to a "better" resort and found I wasn't happy. This next trip we plan on checking out a couple different resorts to get a feel of the different resorts and take it from there.

Good luck!

We have stayed at POP century a few times and really enjoy it there. We usually stay on the last weekend of our trip, I'm cheap when it comes to points, don't like to spring for those weekend points and POP is fun anyway. We have stayed in the 60s and according to my daughter last time we stayed in the 70's (I couldn't remember).

We love Pop Century! We book two rooms (one for us and one for our DS's) and it's perfect. DH and DS's love the food courts and pools--and quite honestly I love the hustle and bustle around the resort!

We stayed in the CR Tower once and while it was very nice, it just wasn't "us". We went right back to our value resorts and never looked back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter