• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We have both been sick all week and we leave in 6 days

Lizboo

Travel Nut
Both me and DH went to the doctor earlier this week and I have a sinus infection and hubby has had a cold for weeks that has settled in his trachea. I am feeling better (thank goodness..can't imagine getting on a plane with this face pain).

I should start packing..soon I guess. And I am already dreading leaving my dogs.

I need some pixie dust or something.

Both me and DH went to the doctor earlier this week and I have a sinus infection and hubby has had a cold for weeks that has settled in his trachea. I am feeling better (thank goodness..can't imagine getting on a plane with this face pain).

I should start packing..soon I guess. And I am already dreading leaving my dogs.

I need some pixie dust or something.

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: Hope you and DH are both feeling better soon. Rest and drink lots of fluids and keep saying "I'm going to Disney" and you'll feel better. :)

Probably the worst is over since its been 6 days.

Here is what I would do:
max out on vit C 1000mg-2000mg a day
take 2-4 garlic tab a day
drink lots of hot tea and homemade chicken soup
take vit B 50 as well as a multivit
gargle with salt water 2x a day
use a neti pot (I have a little tea pot that I use) 2x a day

and just recently I have found tea tree oil to be very healing. I make a 5% solution mixing 20 ml of canola oil and 1 ml of tea tree oil. Swab the inside of my nostrils with a q-tip moistened with it. Do this 2x a day. Look up tea tree oil on the web. Its amazing stuff. Even kills bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics.

With chest congestion I would suggest speaking to a pharmacist about taking Musinex (sp?).

Stay home, get lots of sleep, take decongestant to dry up the yuk. Speak to a pharmacist before taking this if you are on any Blood pressure medication.

Hope you feel better soon!:grouphug:pixiedust:

:tinker::tinker::tinker:I hope your guys are already feeling a lot better today and I wish you an amazing trip ::yes::::yes::::yes::! May you enjoy a few :mickeybar and a bucket or two of popcorn::, ride the :boat:Friendship Boats and maybe even have a meal or two
with these :mickeyjum:stitch2::goofy::tigger::eeyore: guys. Soon enough you'l be home again and then you can :cat:but right now
you're going to WDW ::yes:: :hyper::yay::hyper:!

I hope your trip is all you've dreamt it will be :thumbsup2.

Thanks everyone:thumbsup2

DH's cough is almost completely gone and I am also feeling better today.
I even felt well enough to break out the suitcases and start a little packing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter