We leave on Monday and my plans are still a mess-- Help!!

ekatiel

DIS Veteran
We leave early Monday morning, and I've still got dining reservations that need to be cancelled, plus I need to figure out a time to squeeze the Drone show in Disney Springs into our plan. I need y'all's help!! Here's what I've got. Tell me what to cancel and when to see the drone show!!
11/21 Arrival mid-morning, DHS, 3:30 ADR at Hollywood and Vine F! package (see first showing of F! and then try to go to Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam at 9pm, if we're not dead tired (which we probably will be, since our flight out is before 7am).
11/22 MK, late breakfast at 'Ohana, was planning on fireworks at MK if not too tired
11/23 AK, early dinner at Boma (I have two of these ressies-- I need to cancel one) What if ROL premieres? If it doesn't, then maybe we could make it to drone this night?
11/24 EP, Thanksgiving dinner at Garden Grill 4:30pm, could watch Illuminations this night or do it another night.
11/25 Typhoon Lagoon or Disney Quest (Is it going to be insane to get to Disney Quest on Black Friday?), 5:20 dinner at Chef Mickey's-- we have evening FPs at MK, but I guess we could forgo those and see the drone show this night.
11/26 DHS, 4:30 Boma reservation (I will cancel one of these). See Jingle Bell Jingle Bam at 9pm if we missed it on the first night (which we probably did).
11/27 MK, This is a party night, but we have Hoop at 8:30pm anyways.
11/28 EP, 'Ohana dinner at 6:40-- we are probably not going to want to come back and watch Illuminations, but I guess I might surprise us.
11/29 MK, departure day
OK, y'all! Please help!

What is the drone show? Do you have fast passes for attractions/rides? I guess I need to see the whole plan :)

I would cancel Boma on 11/26 since you will be at DHS - makes more sense on 11/23 while at AK. (Don't think ROL will be running, but you can always hop back to see it after dinner if that changes). I don't think tree will start lighting up till sunset, so you may want to see if you can move your ADR till 6 if available to see it on the way out. AKL is beautiful at Christmas, and after dinner you could check out animals outside the lobby by the Arusha Rock. I would not do Disney Springs on 11/23 - we went to then Downtown Disney a few yrs back the nt. before Tday on our arrival day, and it was packed. We just wanted to grab sandwiches from Earl of Sandwich, and line was out to the door. Black Friday may be busy there as well with sales so Disney Springs may be very busy - may not be best for Disney Quest. You could do TL if weather is good. (Could be ok for Drone Show later if early shoppers thin out).

I would skip Jingle Bam on 11/21, so you can be well rested for 1st full day - you can see it on 11/26. If you do fireworks at MK on 11/22, then you are free on 11/25 for Drone Show if you want - MK tends to be busy on Black Fri. in our experience, so will probably be less crowded on Tuesday for you. Or conversely I guess you could do drone show on 11/22 to avoid Black Fri. there, since you have Chef Mickey's and FP already set up at MK. Don't know if you have seen it before, but if not make sure you check out the giant gingerbread house at GF when you are on the monorail. Also, you could walk out the International Gateway while at Epcot and see the chocolate carousel at Beach Club. HTH!

I would definitely try to watch illuminations after thanksgiving so you can see the holiday edition. I think the additional fireworks they do for the holidays is awesome at Epcot. Also, are you planning on doing some of the holidays around the world when you go after thanksgiving? It might be hard to get them all in with just one day.

I would NOT be at Disney Springs on Black Friday for anything. It will be crowded.

Personally, I wouldn't do the F! reservation on your arrival day. You never know what might happen to delay your flight and you get stuck with the cancellation fee. Plus, you may be too tired even for that show and then you've paid extra for a meal.

Just my two cents.

Oh please come back and tell us how Garden Grill was for Thanksgiving! We want to do it next year :D

Thanks for all your suggestions. Changing dining reservations really isn't an option at this point. There are 6 in our party, and they were hard enough to get 180 days out. I think I did make some decisions, though. Here's the plan:
11/21 Arrival mid-morning, DHS, 3:30 ADR at Hollywood and Vine F! package. Head to hotel after first F! showing.
11/22 MK, late breakfast at 'Ohana, early evening, unless we're all super perky and want to do fireworks at MK.
11/23 AK, I cancelled Boma-- this is our only AK day, and we have two DHS days, so even though Boma goes better with an AK "theme," we're just going to have to make it work on our second DHS day. We will leave AK right after the tree lights up and head to see the drone show UNLESS ROL happens.
11/24 EP, Thanksgiving dinner at Garden Grill 4:30pm, still haven't decided on Illuminations-- we'll play it by ear.
11/25 We're biting the bullet and doing Disney Quest. I don't think the actual attraction will be crowded, just the surround area. 5:20 dinner at Chef Mickey's-- even at MK for FPs and Wishes/Once Upon a Time.
11/26 DHS, 4:30 Boma reservation. Head back to DHS to see Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam after dinner.
11/28 EP, 'Ohana dinner at 6:40-- we are probably not going to want to come back and watch Illuminations, but I guess I might surprise us.
11/29 MK, departure day
I feel OK about this plan. It's not perfect, but it will do!

Thanks for all your suggestions. Changing dining reservations really isn't an option at this point. There are 6 in our party, and they were hard enough to get 180 days out. I think I did make some decisions, though. Here's the plan:
11/21 Arrival mid-morning, DHS, 3:30 ADR at Hollywood and Vine F! package. Head to hotel after first F! showing.
11/22 MK, late breakfast at 'Ohana, early evening, unless we're all super perky and want to do fireworks at MK.
11/23 AK, I cancelled Boma-- this is our only AK day, and we have two DHS days, so even though Boma goes better with an AK "theme," we're just going to have to make it work on our second DHS day. We will leave AK right after the tree lights up and head to see the drone show UNLESS ROL happens.
11/24 EP, Thanksgiving dinner at Garden Grill 4:30pm, still haven't decided on Illuminations-- we'll play it by ear.
11/25 We're biting the bullet and doing Disney Quest. I don't think the actual attraction will be crowded, just the surround area. 5:20 dinner at Chef Mickey's-- even at MK for FPs and Wishes/Once Upon a Time.
11/26 DHS, 4:30 Boma reservation. Head back to DHS to see Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam after dinner.
11/29 MK, departure day
I feel OK about this plan. It's not perfect, but it will do!
Only want to say we did Hoop on a party night at MK in Oct and it was my favorite day of the entire trip. Taking the boat over there was my best idea. I'll be thinking of you. Have fun!!

Now a drone show. I would love to see this and the only way is to cancel CP as almost every night has an event. Another year and no CP. I wish there was a later show like at 10:00 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter