2008 - Cities in Wonderland

ry%3D400

Spanikopita from Greece

ry%3D400

Pierogies & Kielbasa from Poland

ry%3D400

Cheddar Cheese Soup, Moosehead Beer, Maple Glazed Salmon from Canada

ry%3D400

Praline Bread Pudding from Louisiana (tobasco NOT for bread pudding LOL)

ry%3D400

Strawberry Shortcake from San Francisco

ry%3D400

Cheddar, Dubliner, Ivernia Cheese Selection, Potato Pancake, Potato & Leek Soup from Ireland

ry%3D400

Chocolate Creme Puffs and Baked Ziti from Italy

ry%3D400

Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Spain

ry%3D400

Goat Cheese Quiche and Escargot en Brioche[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I am so in:thumbsup2 I don't think I've replied to any of your reports before, but I've read them all:goodvibes This report looks like it will amazing! I've got to skip a F & W trip this year:sad1: so I'm going to live through others.

Tink, I can't wait to read all about your adventure. The food pictures are making me hungry!

I am so in:thumbsup2 I don't think I've replied to any of your reports before, but I've read them all:goodvibes This report looks like it will amazing! I've got to skip a F & W trip this year:sad1: so I'm going to live through others.

Aww thank you so much for reading!

We skipped F&W in 2007 and decided that we could never skip it again :lmao: This will be our 4th F&W Festival, but my best friend's first! :goodvibes

It is easily my favorite event to review because I think it is the perfect combination of familiar favorite items and new exciting items!

Tink, I can't wait to read all about your adventure. The food pictures are making me hungry!

Thanks so much! I must admit, I'm getting hungry looking at them too :rotfl:

You know I'm in...make sure you do it live for me babe because I am going right after you and you need to tell me what I should eat and drink and what I need to stay away from :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I can't wait! We did Food and Wine 2 years ago :sad2: and we won't be able to get back until next year. I will be drooling over your reviews!

These pics are making me so hungry!! We'll be going for our first F&W Fest this Nov. and look forward to your reviews so we know what to try! popcorn:: I can't wait! :banana:

First off....

I'm going to WDW this month!!

:yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo::cheer2::cheer2:

And I was there last month....and I'll be there next month...:rotfl2:

AND I'm going to F&W Festival and V&A and MNSSHP! :cloud9:

Looking forward to reading your report - we'll be there at the same time as you. :)

Awesome! Looking forward to F&W? :goodvibes

You know I'm in...make sure you do it live for me babe because I am going right after you and you need to tell me what I should eat and drink and what I need to stay away from :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Hey hun! Oh you bet it will be live! At the VERY least the F&W items (and V&A) will be :thumbsup2

And one of these days we will meet up for a slushie in France :lmao:

I can't wait! We did Food and Wine 2 years ago :sad2: and we won't be able to get back until next year. I will be drooling over your reviews!

Our first F&W was 2006, we skipped 2007 and then decided never to skip it again :rotfl:

These pics are making me so hungry!! We'll be going for our first F&W Fest this Nov. and look forward to your reviews so we know what to try! popcorn:: I can't wait! :banana:

Ooo you will love it! The first experience with F&W is so fun!

Dealing with an Indecisive DD (DDad and Disney Diner) Part 2:
Creating an Indecisive Disney Daughter!!

As you may recall from my last report, my DDad is an extremely indecisive Disney diner :sad2: AND for those of you that are like me (obsessive planners :thumbsup2) you know how incredibly difficult it can be to deal with someone who likes change and spontaneity on a WDW vacation!

Here in an excerpt from my last report:

I have planned the trip months in advance, examined menus, park hours, EMH schedules etc. I have mapped out what I feel is the perfect itinerary. I offer to show him said itinerary numerous times in the months leading up to the trip and his response is always "I trust you” with a smile.

Suuure, he trusts me. Then why is it, without fail, one week before every trip I hear, “Hey Meg….can I see the itinerary?...”

Which causes the following thoughts to run through my head....

Oh god…I’m screwed….he is going to want to change something, or he will ask me to obtain the impossible reservation. I understand he wants some flexibility, but for heaven’s sake, he has been to WDW as often as me, he knows that dining reservation book out months in advance….doesn’t he? [/COLOR]

Well, my DDad asked me to book a 2nd California Grill reservation for our September trip....less than a week before we left! :scared1: Impossible right? As it turns out....not impossible :headache: and now DDad is convinced I can get any reservation at the drop of a hat :rolleyes:

This coming trip, a different conversation arose and I'm slightly ashamed to say....it was ME proposing the changes :eek: Yup, that's right....my name is Meg, I am an obsessive Disney planner and my DDad has somehow managed to change me into a *gasp* Indecisive Disney Daughter!!

A few days ago, I called DDad while on lunch at work:

"Hi Dad, you know...there is a REALLY big convention at Coronado Springs when we are staying there..."

"How big? We've dealt with conventions before..."

"1500 people..."

"Oh....crap..."

"Exactly, so I was thinking, why don't we look at other options for the first few nights? Maybe stay at a Deluxe in one room (there are 4 adults on this trip, myself, my best friend Tania who is like a daughter to my parents, and DMom and DDad)."

"Wait...YOU are asking us to deviate from your perfectly planned, colour coded, "it-takes-180-days-of-advanced-planning-you-know!" schedule?"

"Yes, I'm aware of the irony.."

"I've done it! I've made the planner....spontaneous!"

"Oh, shut up!" :rolleyes:

"Where were you thinking of switching to?"

"The Beach Club, that way we can focus on Food & Wine Festival for the first three days"

"Doesn't that mean you have to change most of the dining reservations as well? Isn't that impossible??"

"Shut up!" :lmao:

And thus began the saga of turning my carefully planned vacation on it's head :rolleyes1

Now we are staying at the Beach Club from Oct 24th - 27th, in one waterview room. Then we switch to Coronado Springs on the 27th through to November 2nd, in two standard view rooms.

As a result, I DID have to change the majority of my dining reservations:

Sunday October 24th - Arrival Day
BREAKFAST - Toronto International Airport
LUNCH - F&W Festival Marketplaces
DINNER - Chefs de France/F&W Festival Marketplaces

Monday October 25th
BREAKFAST - Kona Island Coffee Bar
LUNCH - Liberty Tree Tavern
DINNER - La Hacienda de San Angel/F&W Festival Marketplaces

Tuesday October 26th
BREAKFAST - Cafe Rix
LUNCH - Tusker House
DINNER - Via Napoli/F&W Festival Marketplaces

Wednesday October 27th
BREAKFAST - Cracker Barrel
LUNCH - Wolfgang Puck Express
DINNER - California Grill

Thursday October 28th
BREAKFAST - Sunshine Seasons
LUNCH - Chefs de France/F&W Festival Marketplaces
DINNER - Victoria & Albert's

Friday October 29th
BREAKFAST - Starring Rolls
LUNCH - Garden View Tea
DINNER - Raglan Road

Saturday October 30th
BREAKFAST - Sunshine Seasons
LUNCH - F&W Festival Marketplaces/Taste, Shake & Indulge
DINNER - Jiko

Sunday October 31st
BREAKFAST - Kusafiri Cafe
LUNCH - Flame Tree BBQ
DINNER - Ohana

Monday November 1st
BREAKFAST - Kona Cafe
LUNCH - Columbia Harbor House
DINNER - F&W Festival Marketplaces

Tuesday November 2nd - Departure Day
BREAKFAST - Orlando International Airport

I'm comforted in knowing I'm not alone with being obsessive with my Disney planning! My DH sounds just like your dad. 180 days out he has no preference for anything involving Disney World and will usually tell me to book whatever I want.

Now we have 2 months to go before our next trip and he spits out "Do we have a reservation for California Grill?" Well, no, when I asked you where you wanted to eat 4 months ago you said you wanted to try some new restaurants :sad2:

So I'm kind of half-heartedly looking for a Cali Grill reservation for the next two months :rotfl:

Woohoo!! I'm leaving on Sunday!!​

:woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2:

As an....amuse bouche of sorts for all you wonderfully patient people, I give you, Food & Wine Festival 2009 pictures :goodvibes

F&W 2009

ry%3D400

Canada

ry%3D400

Greece

ry%3D400

Guide

ry%3D400

New Zealand

ry%3D400

France

ry%3D400

Poland

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Norway

ry%3D400

Japan

ry%3D400

US

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Italy

ry%3D400

Germany

ry%3D400

Austria

ry%3D400

Looooooooooove your report and photos !!!

We're going to be checking into CSR on October 27th as well :)

Hello!!

We are sitting at the airport, waiting to board our flight. Tonight I will gave reviews of the food and wine festival and Chefs de France :)