We spent our Disney fund on liquor and pizza! Pretrip report for girls trip 6/26-7/1

disneydee6

DIS Veteran
We are going to Disney! And super excited about it!!!! Giving you some background on the two lovely ladies that will be there this summer!

All through college, I was lucky enough to have a tight-knit group of girlfriends. I was also lucky enough to get placed with a short, opinionated Italian girl from Yonkers as my roommate. We ended up becoming best friends (as well as really good roommates). We meshed well, and while most of our friends ended up switching roommates or groups of friends, Danielle and Roe (or as we came to be known as Roelle) always stuck together.

We are both New Yorkers. We also are party girls, but have a nerdy side. She is a Star Wars fanatic, and I am a Harry Potter fanatic. She later got into Twilight, but I am willing to look past that tragedy. Roe and I have become great friends, and nothing has changed since we left college. We spent three years living together in the dorms, and we both loved every second of it!

Before a concert, our friends call this our 'lovebird picture' hahaha just for the record, we aren't holding hands. :rotfl:
roenme1.jpg

Not drunk in college....:rolleyes:
roenme4.jpg

Saratoga :)
roenme6.jpg

Classy
roenme7.jpg

Not-so-classy...hahaha like I said, we met in college....
roenme9.jpg

I have been to Disney enough times that plenty of conversations began with “Once, when I was in disney” I am sure that maybe got annoying, but we also all really wanted to make a college friends trip to Disney. Not until a year after we graduated have we been able to afford a trip like this, and only the two of us are going. Roomie trip to Disney it is!

We started planning in December, when we had another friend who we wanted to come with, our good friend from college, Stacy. We had an elaborate 8 day trip planned, and of course, for me, including a day at the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter. After months of planning, in March Stacy backed out because of money issues. While we couldn’t be THAT mad because that is a perfectly legitimate reason to not go, Roe and I were not sure if we could afford to go splitting two ways instead of three (for hotel, costs for driving down, etc). We shortened the trip, decided (begrudgingly) to fly, and we now have four days in Disney, and one in Islands of Adventure.

Since booking the trip, I have become an avid disser, and look to the boards for any questions (having my parents plan the trip every time before this). I love the boards, and can’t wait to add more to the trip report! I’ll be adding info about our itinerary, flight (and suitcase fiascos to come!), money, etc and I’m hoping anyone who bothers to read about this girl’s trip can give me comments/advice for our upcoming trip.

Never having done a trip by ourselves before, there was alot to figure out.

Ticket prices are what they are, so we figured that into the budget.

Being a bit of a disney resort snob, spoiled by the Beach Club's luxury and fabulous pool, I was all for splurging on staying in a moderate resort. But when it came down to it, we decided to stay at a value resort. After asking countless times on the board about where to stay, the buzz with the values was Pop, so we booked with the summer-room discount, and I am really happy with how much we are saving with the values. We shall see if Pop converts me or if I am going to dream about BC...:rotfl:

We were going to drive down, as I am not a fan of flying (I feel bad for Roe when she endures her first flight with me in panic mode). It was a way to save money and the road trip is half the fun. However, since it is just two of us, we would not be saving much by driving. We actually got a better deal (both price-wise and as far as flight times) by booking two one-way flights instead of a roundtrip. While I should be counting down the days to get to disney, I am also having a countdown to my near-meltdown at the airport.

Having made the itinerary myself, the other budgeting I included was the cost of food. I included one day of TS, (which I picked. and it is Cape May Cafe, my favorite in disney). The rest will be CS meals, and that is only for dinner. Breakfast and lunch will be bought through garden grocer. We always did this our previous trips. I can survive without stopping for lunch and instead snacking on a granola bar on a line for a ride. We'll save a bit of cash, and probably will use it to buy some yummy drinks on our trip :laughing:

Altogether, we managed to keep our trip at about 1,000 each (just slightly over depending on what we end up purchasing...especially in the Wizarding World of Harry potter....I hope they accept Galleons, Sickles, and Knuts..) She can thank my over-planning for the money she saved on our trip (although we may have been staying at a moderate so she did help lol) It is really interesting to figure out the best ways to save money in DISNEY! However, having known we did our best to budget will make us happy:cloud9: in the happiest place on earth.

Next post will be about my itinerary, and I will need help on figuring out some plans for that! Thanks for reading!:goodvibes

So this is where I may actually need any reader input. We have a whole lot planned for our upcoming trip, despite only having four days in the disney parks. This is what I have so far.

Saturday 6/26: Plane is in by 11:30, be at Pop by 1pm. Arrive Epcot @2pm. Do a few rides (what we can squeeze in at least) until 4pm. Drink around the world until 6:30pm (stopping off at a few countries to eat as well). Go back to future world until 9:00, and grab any spot to catch illuminations.
I've never NOT staked out a spot before illuminations, but I would honestly rather get in rides than get a great spot for the show.

Sunday 6/27: Sleep in (after drinking around the world, it is safe to say we won't be rising early) and finish any rides missed in epcot.
Monorail to Magic Kingdom
Dinner at Peco's Bills or Columbia Harbor House
Stay for Electric Parade/Wishes
Evening EMH til 2am!

Monday 6/28: Morning EMH at DHS, stay til 12
Quick Hotel to freshen up
AK by 3
Dinner at Yak & yeti CS or Flame Tree BBQ
Evening EMH at AK til 19

Tuesday 6/29: IOA for WWoHP ALL DAY!!!
Dinner at Margaritaville at Citywalk

Wednesday 6/30: MK/EP/AK (wherever did not get rides done)
Dinner at Cape May Cafe
Boat to DHS for Evening EMH

Thursday 7/1: We leave :(

I'm happy that Wednesday we can pretty much leave up to whatever. I have a feeling it'll be MK, but who knows. I'm open to suggestion, and besides going to Wednesday DHS, we avoided the correct parks according to the crowd calendar, but everyday is either 7,8, or 9 so I am prepared for some decent crowds and some long lines. Hoping that making use of the EMH will help. Besides Sat and Sun, I am gonna try and fit in going back to the hotel for a swim, but we will see what happens once we get there. Any suggestions? Interested in feedback on the itinerary. :)

Hi again...anyone! Lol. So We are going for a five night, six day stay in the world. Not that long, so me and my dear friend Roe are attempting to go without a checked bag. I would rather not spend up to 50 roundtrip on a bag because we want to bring several extra shoes. We are trying to save where we can, and I think we can survive without it.

We ordered our food on Garden Grocer, spending 60 dollars, and then with delivery and tip, it shot up to 87!!!! OMG, but oh well. Usually on our trips, we bring the food in the checked bag, but since we don't have that luxury, we spent on Garden Grocer. Ordering two 4-packs of expresso certainly added to the bill hahaha. We also got breakfast food, snacks, a cooler, and water (cuz damn tap water in disney is not good!)

I had to find travel size EVERYTHING! I found this wonderful travel pack in Bed bath and Beyond of empty travel size bottles that provides labels, a funnel to fill the small bottles, and a bag to put it all in. I also purchased a small travel sized aloe, deodorant, moleskin (roe had no idea what this was, and I was like, this stuff saves your feet when in disney, when that same spot is making you limp around the world!), prepackaged tylenol, a travel toothbrush, and other odds and ends.

This being my sixth trip, my one thing I have decided on in the world is that I will NOT wear sneakers. I love my flip flops during summer, and I find I am way more comfortable in them when in Disney as well.

Lastly, my clothes. I am a notorious over-packer. But since I am only bringing the one bag, I am attempting at only bringing what I need. We will see how that goes....lol. What I love about vaca though, I every summer, it gives me a great excuse to go shopping. And shop I did. I got new jean shorts, new shirts, a new denim mini skirt (losing over 40 pounds since last summer helps too :) just gonna throw that out there hahaha) some new jewelry, and new bras (went from a 38DD to a 36DD, but I will tell you, they did shrink a little :laughing:) I will be bringing my Harry Potter t-shirt though, cuz when I go to WWoHP, I need to sport my HP best! Wooo!

I also will be packing the infamous disney ponchos (I am not spending any more money than I have to on those ponchos, so we keep them year after year.

My disney bag: Lesportsac. I LOVE the material of the bag, cuz it is pretty weatherproof. Everyone on the dis seems to love Vera Bradley, but I need something that won't get drenched when the unpredictable FL weather comes in. I bring only the essentials (room temp water, I HATE sweaty water making my bag wet, money, ID, room card, camera, and cell phone) to the park.

Besides a few other thingys, like airplane things to do, other odds and ends for the room, toiletries, I am hoping that that will be enough. Luckily I love making lists, because I think I will be bringing the motherload to disney!

Side Note: yesterday I did Online Check in. In past trips, we haven't done this so this will be a first. I was so thrilled because now it really has hit me that we are going in a week!

On our arrival day, which the weather keeps changing day to day, we want to squeeze in a drink around the world. I've allotted about 3 hours to get this done. Not wanting to stop and eat, I've been TRYING to come up with a game plan for when we have dinner in world showcase. My goal is to obviously have lots of yummy drinks, but also grab some small bites to share as we make our journey from one country to the next...ending up stumbling around the world!

We are going to begin our journey at the ditch. I REALLY want to try the jalapeno margarita, and I would like to share either the crab tostadas or guacamole & chips.

Next is Norway. We will do the maelstrom, and skipping any drinks here. I wanted to try the almond cinnamon pretzel, but there are too many other foods I want to try, this delish pretzel will be skipped.

China we will be having the cantaloopy! We will also grab an eggroll here yum!

Since I am not ok with mixing beer and mixed drinks, I won't be having beer in Germany. Also would have liked a frankfurter here, but again, too much other stuff to enjoy!

Italy, we will be getting the Peach Bellini or a Limoncello.

American Adventure we will breeze through. Skipping the fried ice cream (not a fan of mixing ice cream with drinks)

Japan we will most definitely be getting a Kaki Gori and possibly some saki. Any suggestions for Japan drinks are welcome...

Morocco seems to be the place to get food. I want to get hummus and pita chips to share. I have also heard about the Sultan's colada or the Daquiri here, so we will be getting a drink here too!

France - grey goose slushie/ Grand Marnier...need I say more.

The UK - getting the Welsh Dragon and some FIsh and Chips to share.

We will be ending in Canada. I have not seen anything here I am crazy about (again not mixing beer).

That is seven drinks :scared1: and five different small snacks we will be sharing. We will be sharing some drinks, last thing we need is to get kicked out of Epcot on our first day in disney hahaha:rotfl: for being too drunk in disney! I am very excited about this, having done world showcase so many times and not even attempted this! I will definitely be documenting this adventure in the TR!

I cannot believe that our trip is only three days away. I am ecstatic about it. I have done moreee than enough research on the disboards to be totally prepared for this trip. I even took some cute mousekeeping envelopes from the boards, and I LOVE em!

I got everything all printed up, and once I started making a list (of course! My favorite thing lists!) and it included packing my bag, it hit me. I AM REALLY GOING! I am really going to Disney (w.o my parents!!) and going to WWoHP! It's going to be a great and exhausting experience. I can't wait for that overwhelming awe that I get whenever I walk into that magical world. I can't wait to try new rides, new worlds, and of course, spending the whole trip with one of my very best friends.

Like I mentioned, I have done trips to disney many times before. We have always stayed at disney's GORGEOUS Beach Club resort. Each visit sticks out so clearly in my mind. My first trip where it rained EVERYDAY ALL DAY! Yet we still had fun, the next trip where we learned how to look 10x better in pictures than our first trip lol (thanks to better weather as well!) The next trip we decided to dedicate one day to just hanging poolside, greatest decision ever! Especially at SAB. The next trip 2007, we had a very silly time, and we relaxed alot more. Our last trip, for some reason, was more stressful than usual, and considering that wait times around the park were really low, we should have had a much better time. I think it was Space Mountain being closed....:laughing:

I am going to sit back and relax this trip, not try to get everything and anything done, but try to let this friendship trip sink in and enjoy every moment!

Just finished packing! Now it's almost 2am and I am exhausted, I have work from 4-10 tomorrow so I'd hate to be late to work because I was throwing some last minute things in my suitcase.

Tomorrow I'll just be packing my things I use everyday, but other than that, I think we are ready for the world!!!!

In case I don't come on here tomorrow, hope anyone who did read my rather short Pre-trip report enjoyed. I will be writing a TR afterwards, hopefully I will get more than one person to read it hahaha. Take care!

We are leaving tomorrow! I have work tonight, will be at Roe's house by 10:30, and up at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow for our flight at 5:45.

I keep getting that feeling like I am forgetting something, even though I triple checked everything, and I know I have all of the information I need. I think it's just me buggin....maybe over-preparing wasn't a good idea because now I have a complex.

While I am excited about going to disney, I HATE HATE HATE flying. I am completely terrified right now about our flight (and HATING that there is a stop over, which means we will have two take offs and two landings. ughhhh) I am thinking of taking Dramamine before our flight to help calm me down. I can't decide if it's a good idea or not, considering that we will be doing alot of epcot later that same day. Just trying to relax about the whole thing.

Just keep swimming. We are going to disney world!

your probably already in disney but i just found your PTR! I hope you start a trip report when you get back I will be following it!

I hope you are planning on sharing how your trip was, the day at EPCOT sounds right up my alley! Hope you both had a wonderful time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter