We thought we were "terminated" with Disney, but "we'll be back"

As the free nights deal has been released, our bookings are now almost complete

Booked :
POP Century, standard room, 6/08/2016 to 15/08/2015 (9 nights)
Booked direct with Disney Ireland for 1223€. Room only incl. 1 free night.

Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Courtyard Suite Poolside, 15/08/2016 to 27/08/2016 (12 nights)
Booked direct with Loews, $1725 SMSM rate (will adjust if APH rate is better when it's released, jury's still out re: room location, we might change to towers suite ... Decisions, decisions ... : ) )

Tickets :
- WDW : 5 days + hpr + fun visits
- UOR : Annual Pass
- Legoland Florida : Annual Pass

ToDo list :
2 one nighters at RPR or PBH while still being checked in at CBB to get 4 days of EP will be booked if and when APH rates are released

Restaurants :
Chef Mickey's and Narcoossee's for the disney part
Offsite places include keke's, flippers, teak, perkins and a few others
We''ll try to keep it at the $100 a day on average, and take advantage of the small kitchenette at CBB for some sandwiches and quick meals (microwavable mac&cheese don't sound too bad :) )

Last edited:
Bringing this thread back from the depth of the forum for some developments

I've been trying to plan a sensible use of our 5 days comp tickets, but the more I plan the more it gets frustrating
I used to like the convenience of having 14 days tickets and being able to only spend a couple of hours per day in the park.
Doing full park days is not an option due to disability and not being able to last longer than a few hours under the constant stimulation, crowd and heat of a park.

Those 5 days tickets end up being less and less of a compensation and more and more more a hassle and cause for even more frustration

At which point we decided that we wouldn't go to the disney parks this trip, even though we have free tickets, and you might say we wouldn't lose out since we didn't pay ... Well we did pay in frustration and lost time on our last vacations, and wouldn't it be even more frustrating using them for so little time each day that it would not even make up for the park time we lost last october ?

So we won't be going

To make matters worse we currently have a room booked at pop century for 9 nights before moving to cabana bay beach
Since we don't do the parks I am trying to have this booking shortened to 4 nights in order not to lose our UK deposit, and meanwhile I've booked the pther 5 nights at POR with the current US discount
Except that disney UK won't change my booking
I sent an email requesting the change, accepting the amendment fee, yada yada ... Disney replied that I needed to call in order to make that change ... They didn't even manage to spell my 5 letters first name right on the email ... And when I called I was lectured about the T&Cs stating the need to request the change in writing ... I was like SERIOUSLY ?
I was so fuming that I hung up on the CM (remember I'm the guy who went down 13 times in 18 days to complain to front desk without losing his cool ... This tells how frustrated I need to get for me to end a phone call without a goodbye ...)

Right now I'm inches away from cancelling the whole disney part and rebook the first part of the stay at sapphire falls before moving to cabana bay beach. No disney, only universal

I used to be a loyal disneyworld customer since 1992 visiting almost every year, but now I've had it.
As mentionned in this thread, I was giving yet another 'one more last chance'. I've sent another email to disney uk. If the issue is not solved without further hassle, that will be it.

Sorry for the rant

Last edited:
I have always amended bookings by phone.

As I understood it cancellation needed to be done it writing but I have always been able to amend by phone.

I would think they would be more willing to do by phone than by email.

I would call and try again.

I would also use the tickets. It doesn't have to be a military planned affair. We often pop to the parks with no plan for a few hours and just ride what we can with short waits. Get the fast passes you can and enjoy it. As the tickets are compensation any use is getting value from them. As a family we are happy to go to MK, ride 2 or 3 things, have an ice cream and leave.

Without being nasty I think your view is still clouded by your last experience and if you were to relax and go with the flow you will find it much better.

As I understood it cancellation needed to be done it writing but I have always been able to amend by phone.

I was just going by the T&Cs

9. If You Change Your Booking (see Section 10 if you want to cancel your Booking)
(a) If, after we have issued your Confirmation Invoice, you wish to alter your Booking in any way (other than a transfer to another person as per Section 8), the Lead Name must make a written request to us at least 14 days before departure, quoting your booking reference. This should be sent in writing to Walt Disney Travel Company,3 Queen Caroline Street, London W6 9PE or by email to disneytraveluk@disneyonline.com, quoting your booking reference.
Part of my disabilities include an alteration of my ability to speak when I'm upset (stuttering, not able to find words or make complete sentences) and that makes me quite uncomfortable. That's why I wanted to be "in control" and deal with this issue in writing as per the T&Cs. That part I'm frustrated about as I feel they did not respect that. and you're right, I'm still upset about my last trip too. This one was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I would call and try again.

I just did, and was instructed again to do it in writing .... so I sent an email as I was on the phone, and had the CM verify with the appropriate service that it was received, and that email was a full cancellation
I don't care for the 195€ I'm gonna lose, as long as I'm done with this booking.

As the tickets are compensation any use is getting value from them.

your words are wise and sensible, as always, and I guess I'm reacting like a teenage hothead.

But if I see any value in those tickets, there is no real value using them this year. They're good until 2030. There is no hurry using them when the new lands and rides are still under construction, at a busy august period, and when we're still passholders at Universal. I could even offer them to family or friends (for free, it's not a question of money.) or use them at a quieter period, some time in the next 14 years.

Without being nasty I think your view is still clouded by your last experience and if you were to relax and go with the flow you will find it much better.

you're not being nasty. You're 100% on target.

I will be honest with you.
I had booked 9 nights POP Century with one free night, total was 1250€ (£960)
Yesteraday I saw that I could get Port Orleans Riverside, through Cheaptickets for $1391 (£965)

Okay I'll pay £150 cancellation fee. But I would have paid £50 to amend anyway. So I'm actually only losing £100 in the process

so for the sake of £11 per night I get to upgrade from POP to POR ...

no brainer
yes that's another one more last chance, but I'd rather spend this last chance at POR (our fav resort) than at POP (our second favorite resort) especially when I can get POR at the same price

so, you're right, I was "blinded by anger" (ain't that a bit strong ?) but sometimes acting on impulse allows not to think too much. If I had given it second thoughts, I probably would have missed the cheaptickets deal that ends today.

It's understandable how you feel. That's the beauty of these boards, gives you space to vent, some sensible opinions & time to adjust/adapt. I think because we love Disney so much we get more upset than in every day life, when things are not quite right. I'm not referring to your last holiday, that was dreadful. Happy hols

Dear OP: I feel your pain. Don't you love it when others write to tell you they had no problem? I know that there are many who don't have a problem, and that is great. However, it does not minimize your problem.
We stay at POR every year. We always had excellent housekeeping, no problem. Then 2 years ago we noticed that our room was "missed" at times. It didn't happen that much, and we ignored it.
Then this past November, we had a 10 day stay, with many issues. It was very frustrating to try to get the point across to housekeeping about anything! I requested our room be cleaned each day before noon. I have medical issues, which they were aware of, that requires I get back to the room to rest at that time. It is not an option. It is a medical need. I told them it wasn't that I "wanted" it done by noon, but I "had" to have it done due to medical issues.
Well, out of 10 days, it was only done once! I called housekeeping almost daily stating the above. I did not feel it was a difficult request, as we have always requested this and they have always honored this request in the past.
However, now the housekeeping staff and their supervisors don't seem to communicate at all. Each day I was reassured it would be taken care of. Each day it was not. Sometimes we were missed for 2 days in a row. Never happened 2 years ago.
How did this resolve? By the end of our trip, I was so tired, sore, in pain, upset that I just didn't want to deal with it anymore.
I went away very disappointed in Disney's apparent lack of communication and concern for it's guests needs; not the Disney I used to know andlove!
I wrote them a letter to this effect. No response as of yet.
I told them I know what I am talking about as we owned a resort for 19 years, and I dealt with housekeeping every day. I know you have to have communication with the staff, and follow up on it to see that it is getting done. I know it can be done, and it used to be done before a couple of years ago.
So, OP, I know what you are feeling. We are staying at POR one more time this next November, but if this decline in service continues, then we will stay off site from now on. I hope you fare better this year. Sometimes it is the luck of the draw who you are neighbored with, but the level of service should be excellent at Disney - this is what Disney used to be about, service and show.

Sorry to OP for your experience. We booked a DVC rental at OKW for my birthday celebration in December 2014. We were never so disappointed in a Disney room - especially DVC. It stunk of mold and mildew, was filthy (dust on lamps and headboards), the bathroom towels were so frayed that strings were hanging down, they forgot any toiletries, and the rug was very dirty. The desk chair cushion looked like someone with muddy work boot had stood on it! We were very disappointed. And the exact same thing happened to us with the do not disturb sign -- we ran out to get souvenirs and left everything in disarray as we unpacked and came back to find someone had entered our room to drop off towels, etc. For that reason, I would never stay at OKW again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter