"We want your unused points" call

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
Got a phone call today from someone who said that I have unused DVC points and her company wants them for an event they are holding.

I ask her how she knows whether I have unused points. She mumbled something about my use year ending. When I pressed her, she said she doesn't know but her company does.

I told her that she seems very nice but she should know something about the company she works for -- they have no way of knowing whether or not I have unused points.

(If they did, they wouldn't have bothered calling. I used all of my 2014 points, all of my 2015 points, and most of my 2016 points.)

Had to change phone numbers due to this, then mistakenly gave the old one to another DISer, and got all kind of backlash. Just had to say eventually here.

Had to change phone numbers due to this, then mistakenly gave the old one to another DISer, and got all kind of backlash. Just had to say eventually here.

I don't change numbers, I just block that particular caller.

The number was even unlisted! We must've got on a list of sorts...the calls kept coming!

I find those calls to be an excellent time to relieve myself of all of my stress, anxiety, negativity, and use it as an exercise to reach new levels of crudeness, but that is just me.

They never call back

There are lots of fun telemarketer games. One is just to repeat every statement they make back at them as a question.

"So, I'd like to talk to you about your unused DVC points."
"My unused DVC points?"
"Yes, your unused DVC points."
"I have unused DVC points?"
"Yes, you're coming to the end of your Use Year."
"I'm coming to the end of my Use Year?"

And so on.

There are lots of fun telemarketer games. One is just to repeat every statement they make back at them as a question.

"So, I'd like to talk to you about your unused DVC points."
"My unused DVC points?"
"Yes, your unused DVC points."
"I have unused DVC points?"
"Yes, you're coming to the end of your Use Year."
"I'm coming to the end of my Use Year?"

And so on.

Do I detect a "The 40 Year Old Virgin" fan? ;)

The answer or from me would be very short and simple.

I never have any unused DVC points available.

Did you ask them about which resort the unused points were at? I did when they called a few months ago-turns out she was talking about a resort whose points we sold over 10 years ago! DH just says "Are you with Disney?" When they say "No", he just says "Then why would I want to talk to you?" and hangs up. That's OK until the time the person says "Oh, yes-I'm from Disney"!

Did you ask them about which resort the unused points were at? I did when they called a few months ago-turns out she was talking about a resort whose points we sold over 10 years ago! DH just says "Are you with Disney?" When they say "No", he just says "Then why would I want to talk to you?" and hangs up. That's OK until the time the person says "Oh, yes-I'm from Disney"!

Actually, you're right - they did mention points at a resort I sold last year.

As for the different options of what to say to the caller - I entertained myself by telling her that she seemed very nice, but she should know that she was working for a shady company (because they told her to talk to me as though she knew I had unused points, when they had no way of knowing whether or not I had unused points).

I tell them these decisions are made by my DH and to hold while I get him. I then set the phone down to go look for him

Since I am single they are often there a long time before I hang up. (One person was still on the line when I walked by an hour later and just turned off the phone)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter