We Wants The Rum or Do We? April Trip Report! Complete! New TR in my signature 8/26**

Time to update this TR...............
Today was Friday 4/27/18.

We were up early and ready to hit MK for emh at 8:00am. I was feeling a little sluggish today after our long day yesterday.

Our good bus mojo continued this morning, we arrived to MK with many others and the security lines were horrible. Andi didn’t have a bag so she went in and I stood and waited for what seemed like forever before I was through security. Hey people it is a day park, you are not staying overnight, no need to pack for 3 days! I seem to always get knee deep in people with gear to last them days in the park! :confused3

I met up with Andi on Mainstreet at the Confectionery, we took a quick look inside and headed towards the castle to get in line for the opening. Our bands were scanned and it was time to hit up the most popular and crowded ride in Fantasy Land WtP:rotfl:
IMG_Jun212018at101134AM.jpg IMG_Jun212018at101625AM.jpg

We are not followers, no 7DMT for us, :bitelip:, we love WtP so off to a Blustery day with Winnie the Pooh and friends.
We then proceeded to do LM, Dumbo, Barnstormer, and Buzz before 9am.
IMG_Jun212018at101210AM.jpg IMG_Jun212018at101244AM.jpg

HM was our first ride at park opening, we then went to PoTC to see the new redhead scene again. I tried to pay more attention and listen to what she was saying, still not a big fan of this scene. However, Pirates is one of my favorite rides and always will be, true Disney magic in here!
IMG_Jun212018at101538AM.jpg

Today was my husband’s Birthday:bday: so we sent him Birthday wishes from MK and bought him a silly shirt from Pirates! He is always saying, “it is fun and games until some one loses an eye, arm, leg, etc.....I think you get the gist so this was perfect for him.
IMG_Jun212018at101024AM.jpg

It was time to head back to Mainstreet and get a refresher! Literally a strawberry açaí refresher from Starbucks. I got one for myself and Andi got one and she also bought the 4 park Tervis cup.
There was a photographer right outside so we had a few pictures with our refreshers!
IMG_Jun212018at101101AM.jpg
IMG_Jun212018at101350AM.jpg

We decided to see The Country Bear show next so we headed over there. We enjoyed the quirky show and the sappy love songs.:hyper:
IMG_Jun212018at101458AM.jpg

It was around 10:45am after the show so it was time to hit up Pecos Bills for a light lunch. I had the kids nacho meal and loaded it up with the fixings bar, did have to pay extra for the guacamole now.
Andi had chips and queso. We enjoyed our light and early lunch.

We decided to get a dole whip treat after the lunch, we did mobile ordering because Aloha Isle was mobbed! This is so nice and easy. I got the upside down pineapple cake with a swirl of vanilla and pineapple on it and Andi had the traditional Dole whip in a cup. We sat at the exit of the Tiki Room. This was a good spot shaded and not real crowded.
IMG_Jun212018at103224AM.jpg

I was noticing many school groups this trip, band, choir, graduation, you name it there was a group celebrating. Run when you see them coming, lol! This time of year was not super crowded, however the groups do take up much space and it feels crowded.

It was time to head out so we could hang at the resort and rest up for our early ADR at HDDR.

Stay tuned for HDDR review and more MK, coming soon...................

Hey people it is a day park, you are not staying overnight, no need to pack for 3 days! I seem to always get knee deep in people with gear to last them days in the park! :confused3

I met up with Andi on Mainstreet at the Confectionery, we took a quick look inside and headed towards the castle to get in line for the opening. Our bands were scanned and it was time to hit up the most popular and crowded ride in Fantasy Land WtP:rotfl:
They need a security line for EMH Guests only. And the biggest down fall of the bus now, is the line at MK seem to be CRAZY busy!!!

It was time to head back to Mainstreet and get a refresher! Literally a strawberry açaí refresher from Starbucks. I got one for myself and Andi got one and she also bought the 4 park Tervis cup.
There was a photographer right outside so we had a few pictures with our refreshers!
img_jun212018at101101am-jpg.331477
I am drinking out of mine right now! I forgot to look for this both trips in Sept and Feb. Thankfully I remembered when we were in DL! And now I can say I have done ALL of the parks on it!

It was time to head out so we could hang at the resort and rest up for our early ADR at HDDR.
We loved HDDDR! I am hoping to do it again next year! Can't wait to hear how you guys liked it!

You did a lot of rides during EMH! And then kept the momentum going even after that!

Your Sully shirt is awesome! Cute pics with your Starbucks!

Mmm those dole whip treats look yummy! Could go for one right now as a post lunch snack!

Congrats Andi! That Jaws watermelon is awesome!!! If I ever have the patience I may attempt it but I have like, none, LOL.

Our good bus mojo continued this morning, we arrived to MK with many others and the security lines were horrible. Andi didn’t have a bag so she went in and I stood and waited for what seemed like forever before I was through security. Hey people it is a day park, you are not staying overnight, no need to pack for 3 days! I seem to always get knee deep in people with gear to last them days in the park! :confused3

I always end up behind someone who intends to have a picnic in the park, complete with coolers, and bags of food.

HM was our first ride at park opening, we then went to PoTC to see the new redhead scene again. I tried to pay more attention and listen to what she was saying, still not a big fan of this scene. However, Pirates is one of my favorite rides and always will be, true Disney magic in here!

I agree, not the best change but overall doesn't deter me from riding PoTC!

We decided to get a dole whip treat after the lunch, we did mobile ordering because Aloha Isle was mobbed! This is so nice and easy. I got the upside down pineapple cake with a swirl of vanilla and pineapple on it and Andi had the traditional Dole whip in a cup. We sat at the exit of the Tiki Room. This was a good spot shaded and not real crowded.

I did this exact same thing last weekend in MK!! Mobile order dole whip and eat it during Tiki Room! :)

img_jun212018at103224am-jpg.331478

I discovered the Dole Whip with Pineapple Upside-Down Cake on our last day in the parks. This is a life changer for me!!! We currently live in CA and visit DL at least once a year and they don't offer this there. I can't wait to get back to WDW and have it again. :)

Congratulations to Andi! Glad to hear the rain held out and she was able to have a great day!

I'll have to try one of those acai refreshers at some point. We have a stash of Starbucks gift cards that are just waiting for Disney!

They need a security line for EMH Guests only. And the biggest down fall of the bus now, is the line at MK seem to be CRAZY busy!!!

I am drinking out of mine right now! I forgot to look for this both trips in Sept and Feb. Thankfully I remembered when we were in DL! And now I can say I have done ALL of the parks on it!

We loved HDDDR! I am hoping to do it again next year! Can't wait to hear how you guys liked it!
I agree, there should be security for emh guests and maybe an AP one!

I didn’t even realize until your comment that DL is represented on the tumbler as well, cool!

HDDR is such a fun show!

You did a lot of rides during EMH! And then kept the momentum going even after that!

Your Sully shirt is awesome! Cute pics with your Starbucks!

Mmm those dole whip treats look yummy! Could go for one right now as a post lunch snack!
I love MK emh it is usually a productive one for us!
Thank you, I love Sully, sure miss the meet and greet in HS
I really love the pineapple upside down cake addition, it is delicious!

Oooh I can't wait to read about Hoop dee Doo! That dole whip picture is making me hungry. What a fun morning!
HDDR is such a fun show

I love the addition of the cake at aloha Isle. I am not a huge Dole Whip fan. I do love the swirl and now with the cake yummy!

Congrats Andi! That Jaws watermelon is awesome!!! If I ever have the patience I may attempt it but I have like, none, LOL.

I always end up behind someone who intends to have a picnic in the park, complete with coolers, and bags of food.

I agree, not the best change but overall doesn't deter me from riding PoTC!

I did this exact same thing last weekend in MK!! Mobile order dole whip and eat it during Tiki Room! :)
The watermelon is as important as the cake because of the Jaws significance, lol!
I had bad mojo with security on this last trip! Wow do people bring the stuff in the parks!
I really like the Dole Whip with the cake, In my top now for snacks!

I discovered the Dole Whip with Pineapple Upside-Down Cake on our last day in the parks. This is a life changer for me!!! We currently live in CA and visit DL at least once a year and they don't offer this there. I can't wait to get back to WDW and have it again. :)
Isn’t the cake with the Dole whip the bomb! I love it! I tried it the last trip for the first time and told Andi this is my new favorite snack!

Congratulations to Andi! Glad to hear the rain held out and she was able to have a great day!

I'll have to try one of those acai refreshers at some point. We have a stash of Starbucks gift cards that are just waiting for Disney!
Thank you Kari, the day was fun and I am glad it is done now, ha!

Definitely try the refresher from Starbucks, warning! It is addictive. I have gift cards for Starbucks and I always use them up at Disney.

“Let’s all go down to the Hoop dee do”. Dinner show time!!

It was time to catch the bus to MK after a little rest at the resort. Our bus mojo stalled a little, we waited a full 20 minutes for the MK bus. Once the bus picked us up, we were quickly at the MK. We decided to take the boat over to FW. It was a nice boat ride over to FW. The weather was beautiful
and we sat on the outside of the boat. Isn’t the old Discovery Island creepy. I wonder if there are any creepy crawlers left over there?? We got to FW and I needed to go up to the ticket window to get my AP discount refunded to my Disney Visa. I had booked on line and you only get your AP discount when you call. By the time I got my refund it was time for a couple pictures then we were brought inside to be seated.
IMG_Jun262018at82313PM.jpg IMG_Jun262018at82234PM.jpg
I bought us the cheapest seats, which means you could be seated upstairs. We were actually seated on the main floor in the back. We were on the left hand side. The seats are actually just fine. We could see perfect and the actors come all over the main floor so we didn’t feel like we were missing anything.
IMG_Jun262018at82432PM.jpg

Our waiter was just fair, he was a little strange and was trying to hard at times. He would come across as actually mean but I don’t think he meant to:confused3. He was very slow and would disappear for long periods of time. My soda was left empty for far to long, sigh! When we arrived at the table, the cornbread and salad were waiting for us. The cornbread was very good. It was moist and had a nice flavor. The salad was very tasty as well, fresh and already dressed with a tasty salad dressing.
IMG_Jun262018at83011PM.jpg IMG_Jun262018at82941PM.jpg

The show got started and we really love this show. The actors are wonderful and the blonde girl who giggles all the time, she is a hoot. I, unfortunately, have a few complaints about the food. The wait staff brings out the sides and they sit along the wall for awhile. When the meat starts to come out then the sides that have been sitting along the walls are brought to the table. Our mashed potatoes were lukewarm at best, the corn was cool and mushy, and the baked beans were cool. The mashed potatoes tasted really good but would have been great if hot. The meat is fried chicken and bbq ribs. Our chicken was dry and not very good, bummer! The ribs were really good. If we would have seen our waiter again, I would have asked for more fried chicken, hoping it would have been a better batch. Our waiter was MIA for most of the show. He was an odd duck for sure! He was actually arguing with the table next to us. I didn’t get the whole conversation but he was rather rude to them when they asked for more drinks!
IMG_Jun262018at82703PM.jpg IMG_Jun262018at82620PM.jpg

The dessert was brought out next and this was delicious. The dessert is a strawberry shortcake with real whipping cream! I loved this, it made up for the dry chicken and cold sides. The show was very fun and enjoyable, the food this time not so much! I would say the ribs, salad, cornbread, and dessert were my favorites! Andi agreed, she was disappointed in the chicken and cold sides.
IMG_Jun262018at82742PM.jpg

The show was winding down and we joined in the fun with our washboards!
IMG_Jun262018at82543PM.jpg

After the show, we walked over to the horse barn to check out the big draft horses. There was only a few in the stalls today.
IMG_Jun262018at82455PM.jpg

It was time to head back to MK and take a Jungle Cruise.

Isn’t the old Discovery Island creepy.

I find it fascinating…I hear rumors they are building a resort/DVC there, but I wish they'd just leave it all crazy like that.

Our waiter was MIA for most of the show.

Such a bummer you had a not-so-great waiter. They are really part of the whole great experience. We've only been once but the waiter we had was so attentive and awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter