Wearing RED at GAYDAY?

We just wore red Disney shirts we already had. We had 4 of them so we wore them for 2 days, washed them (gotta love those washers and dryers in the DVC villas :thumbsup2 ), and wore 'em again for the next 2 days.
You can get the official shirts, pins, dog tags, hats, etc. here .

Yes tried to buy them from that store, but when i went through half, it explained i had to pick them up from the ticket store or something instead of shipping. hmmm ?

Both my boyfriend and I will be wearing Red some of the days we visit but not every day, for sure on Saturday in the MK. They will be selling the shirts,hats etc at the expo at the host hotel. Six more days b/4 we leave :banana: can't wait :hourglass

Okay, last year when we went to WDW, it was during GDs and I wanted to show my support so I made a shirt for myself...a grey tee with the lettering in red...."Where's the Family Reunion?" (I wear red all the time anyway since it's my favorite color.) Now, that we have this forum, I thought I'd ask if it was out of line for me to do that? :confused3 My friends back home didn't think so, but none of them go to GDs. Or would there be a better way for me to show my support? I'll be at DL this year during that time and I don't think GDs are at the same time there, but just for future trips since we tend to go to WDW during the beginning of June.

Thanks!

momsgoofy said:
Now, that we have this forum, I thought I'd ask if it was out of line for me to do that? :confused3 My friends back home didn't think so, but none of them go to GDs. Or would there be a better way for me to show my support? I'll be at DL this year during that time and I don't think GDs are at the same time there, but just for future trips since we tend to go to WDW during the beginning of June.

Thanks!
I don't think it's out of line at all. As long as you're not offended if someone mistakes you for being a lesbian, then I'd say go for it. If you want to make a more explicit statement (just in case you don't feel comfortable explaining to someone that you're actually straight and not interested in them :love: ) your shirt could be something along the lines of "straight but not narrow" slogans I've seen around.

I don't think it is out of line, either. In fact, this year some friends of mine got married (straight) and couldn't afford a honeymoon, so I gave them a studio at OKW for 10 days. They asked when I was going and I told them, and they chose the same dates. They plan on wearing red to show support.

Thanks for the replies!

SeattleRedBear...being mistaken as a lesbian? Wouldn't be the first time...my sister and I were mistaken as a couple during a drag show once. But I guess I hadn't thought about someone taking a smitten to me...it's never happened before, but there's always a first.

Chuck S...aren't you the sweetest! 10 days at OKW for a honeymoon for friends. :thumbsup2

Thanks to you both for the relplies...nice to know I wasn't out of line and I will continue to wear something in support. :grouphug:

momsgoofy said:
Thanks for the replies!

SeattleRedBear...being mistaken as a lesbian? Wouldn't be the first time...my sister and I were mistaken as a couple during a drag show once. But I guess I hadn't thought about someone taking a smitten to me...it's never happened before, but there's always a first.

Chuck S...aren't you the sweetest! 10 days at OKW for a honeymoon for friends. :thumbsup2

Thanks to you both for the relplies...nice to know I wasn't out of line and I will continue to wear something in support. :grouphug:

Laura, seeing you in a t-shirt strolling about Disney, I'd definitely put you in the Cool Straight People category!!!!

I don't wear red, and neither does my partner for the simple reason that it's simply too hot!

We'll wear something with a triangle on it or other subtle sign, lavendar whatever, but red in June? In Florida? Nope.

I absolutely love the atmosphere of Gay Days at WDW. All the CMS seem to be in a much better mood, and working very diligently to make everyone feel welcome.

It's just wonderful to be able to see all the happy people, most particularly family, having a great time.

Although I must admit I get a little chuckle out of the young buff boys! They are SO earnest!

Red is SO not my color.

I *do* look great in pink.. But I feel a bit prissy with that.

:)

J

I too, agree with not liking red too much! I will sweat like a pig! I think i will wear a bathing suit with a white shirt or something over it. The shorts im wearing, are like bathingsuit type.. when they get wet, it doesnt really look like it and it dries quick. For the water rides of course! LOL Only one at Magic kingdom, but alot more at Islands of Adventure. I cant wait! 6 days until our trip!!!! Anyone going to Islands of adventure Gay day?

SeattleRedBear said:
your shirt could be something along the lines of "straight but not narrow" slogans I've seen around.

I figured if I go I'll wear my Human Rights Campaign t-shirt. I don't mind explaining that I'm flattered but of another persuasion. 'Straight not Narrow' is a good idea though. I may have to get one of those.

RickinNYC said:
Laura, seeing you in a t-shirt strolling about Disney, I'd definitely put you in the Cool Straight People category!!!!

:blush: Rick, why, thank you!

Planning on wearing red Fri at MGM and Sat at MK/Epcot (can only do MK for so long, then we plan on jumping on monorail to take us to Epcot and drinks around the world!). :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter