Weather in February

MagEpcDisAni Voyager

We'll Have A Good Time Then.
I know the weather is usually in the mid 70s in Feb, bgut for people who have been in Disney at this time a lot the past couple of years does it usually reach the 80s?

I know when I went Feb 2000 it was in the Mid 80's.

80's in February is possible, but not typical. I would expect low 70's, but you never know when the temp will shoot up or down. We went to WDW twice this February. The mornings were a little chilly, but usually warmed up enough to take our sweatshirts off. One day, however, was very cold, and we had to look for a coat for DD at AK, since we hadn't packed one for her.

We went in early Feb this year for a few days, and the first 3 days it never got above 60. In fact, the day we wanted to go to TL, it didn't get above 50. We were so bummed out, that we left a day early.(The weather was part of the reason, but significant.)
I know that no time of year is guaranteed pleasant, but I will not go in Jan/Feb again.:mad:

We have also gone in Early Feb and loved it. The weather was the greatest, but as previously posted you can never be sure. When we were there the first day on the bus to MK we met a family who had been there for a week already and this was their last day and also the first warm day. They had coat weather, although keep in mind coat weather for some people is different then others. Just keep you expectations that anything could happen. To us 60 is still nice weather, although when we were there it was in the 70's during the day (short weather) and light jacket in the evening.

Also the pools are all heated.

Denise

We went this last February and had a variety of weather the week we were there. The first day was very warm--must have been at least 80 degrees. Within a couple days it was cold and windy and one Sunday at Epcot we were wearing our sweatshirts/pants and were still cold. At the end of the week it had warmed up and was close to 80 degrees.

T&B

I have heard the weather can vary a lot in February. We decided to take a chance and went for 2 weeks in February of
2003. The temperatures ranged from 80-90 for 2 weeks straight. We wore pants down and back but never wore anything but shorts for the 2 weeks. We were even comfortable in shorts for the nighttime shows like Fantasmic.
We watched the weather channel everyday and got a kick out
of seeing Florida as the only place in the continental U.S. that had any weather over 70.

I was there the last week of Feb 04 and there was only one day when I felt comfortable wearing a short sleeved shirt. One day was SO cold that I actually needed a hooded sweatshirt and gloves. I don't think it got any higher than 65 on the nice days, one day it was down around 45. (Guessing...I didn't actually check the weather channel).

And I'm from Boston where it's freezing 7 months out of the year so I'm not overly sensitive to cold or anything.

I don't mean to sound negative, but it really gets cold in Feb. But there was really only one day when it was so cold that it made it hard for us to enjoy ourselves.

I'd say if you are worried about it getting up to 80, it's probably pretty unlikely. Of course, FL weather is weird. The day after it was 45 was the day when it got up to about 70 (the short sleeved day!).

Have a great trip no matter what the weather brings!

:)

We have been twice in Feb now, once the first week and once the last week. Never had anything in the 80s!:( Some days (and nights) were down right cold :eek: but some days were very pleasant in the mid to low 70's. I think you just have to know it can go either way.

Now one trip we took over MLK weekend in Jan and it was 80 the whole time.... go figure!!:rolleyes:

We've gone many times - beginning, middle and end of feb. We've had many days in the 70's, only a couple in the 80's, a few in the 50's or cooler and the rest in the 60's. Probably more in the 70's than the 60's. We usually say it has to be at least 75 to do a water park and we've done the water park 4 trips out of 5 - but in each case we there was probably only 1 or 2 days that we could do the water park - so you have to be flexible.
This past Feb from 2/16-2/25 is ranged from low 50's to 80. These were daytime highs though. The mornings and evenings ranged from high 30's to 70.

WE WENT FOR 7 DAYS THIS PAST FEB. AND THE WEATHER WAS NICE. 1 DAY IN THE 50'S, 2 DAYS IN THE 80'S AND 4 DAYS IN THE 70'S.

ENJOY!!!!!

We were there Feb 6-9 this year and Saturday morning was so cold that we had to buy a hat and coat for my DS as well as an extra blanket. It was unseasonably cold for us. February will usually see highs in the high 60s or low 70s very rarely 80s.

I can't imagine going to TL in February!! It was cold for us this past weekend when the breeze blew while we were in the pool!

We were there the beginning of this February for 10 days and here's what we got: 2 days in the low 60's, 2 days in the mid 80's, and the rest in the 70's. It was beautiful and it only sprinkled rain for about an hour one morning, otherwise mostly sunny days. You do need to be prepared and pack a bit of everything. With the exception of the warmest days we still needed a sweatshirt in the morning even though it was plenty hot enough for shorts and tees later on. My boys swam almost every day.

Originally posted by keriannhoward
We were there Feb 6-9 this year and Saturday morning was so cold that we had to buy a hat and coat for my DS as well as an extra blanket.
That was the morning that was sprinkling rain wasn't it? We went to AK that day and it was rather chilly though I think the high hit 61 later in the afternoon. Of course, I see you're from Jacksonville, so that does make a difference. We had just come from below freezing temps at home, so even 60 felt comfortable to us, and we definitely preferred the sprinkling rain to the mounds of snow we left behind, lol! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter