Weather in June-July?

CarolynK

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of taking a 7-day eastern cruise next summer. How is the weather in June or July as far as humidity and rain? We've cruised mostly in March in the past, so we have no experience in the Caribbean in the summer. Thanks.

We sailed on the Wonder from July 31 til Aug 3 and the humidity was horrific. It was really really hot. It also rained every day except for Thursday the day we sailed. Of course it only rained for short periods each day and it was so warm that it didn't hamper any of our activities. Our next cruise is booked for Nov 04', not only is the cost less there won't be much if any humidity. Hope this help.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

We were on the 4 night Wonder last summer, late June. It spritzed on us during the sail away. It poured during the Nassau deck party and had to be moved indoors. There was a thunderstorm way off in the distance later in the day at Castaway Cay (which was pretty neat to watch from Serenity Bay).

On our at sea day, the captain kept steering the ship away from storms. In fact as the sun was rising, I went out onto the verandah and watched the ship turn away from a storm with a rainbow coming out of it...Just gorgeous!

It was very hot, but that's okay!

we cruised mid june this summer on the magic eastern. it was very hot and humid. on castaway cay it was really too hot to be enjoyed to the fullest. i remember thinking...if this is what it's like at the beginning of summer, i'd hate to be here in the middle. but, it didn't rain once, i think we were lucky. but despite the heat we had an awesome time anyway.

We cruised mid June last year. Encountered a little rain at St Thomas, not enough to deter excursion. Castaway Cay was cloudy, little misty, a lot cooler. The days at sea were hot but not unbearable. I can tell you I saw a lot of sunburns. Double up on sunscreen.

We sailed June 29-July 3 and the cruise director said it was the first cruise in 4 weeks (4 day Wonder) that didn't have any rain. It was wonderful. Yes it was hot but I hopped in the ocean to cool off! Plus I've been to WDW in June or July every year since 2000 so I expect it.
The whole family is cruising at the same time next year--3 of us are teachers, LOL, so we do what we have to do!
Robin M.

We too have sailed in June. The week we went it rained literally every day and enough to spoil some of our fun. However, Disney went out of their way to make it as enjoyable as possible. We almost missed Castaway Cay but ended up getting there later in the day. When the sun finally did come out (that one afternoon only) it was HOT. We have also been in December and are now going the first week of March. I know you have a chance of rain, hurricanes or heat any different times you go so I would just go when it was convenient and hope for the best. It is just SO MUCH FUN rain or shine, heat or cold!!!

This is a "make up" cruise from the one in June last year. Our daughter fell and had to get stitches in her chin while at XCaret and it kind of put a damper on all of our fun. I will say I sent a letter to Disney thanking them for the kindess of two of their employees and they sent a voucher for her to come back free. In return for their kindness, we are taken five couples with us that have never sailed the Magic before!!! The only drawback was we couldn't afford our cat 6 with verandah again because it had gone up so much but after reading these boards I am not worried about the cat. 9. Seems like everyone loves it too.

Go have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter