Wedding Anniversary Ideas?

bobojenny

Earning My Ears
This trip I will be traveling on my Wedding Anniversary... does Disney do anything special for couples celebrating an Anniversary?:confused:

DH and I went for our 10th this past June. We stayed at WL. We got an autographed picture of Minnie with a note wishing us a happy anniversary and some Mickey-shaped chocolates. We also let them know when we ate dinner at Artist Point and they gave us a free dessert. I think it depends on where you stay and who you tell. I've heard that at GF they give you a cake and a bottle of champagne (that's just a rumor, I'm not sure it's true). Find a way to work it into the conversation wherever you go. You never know what may happen!;)

As far as Disney giving out "free" things it's all in the time and place the person and people you tell. You may get a Congrates and that's it or you may get a free dessert and a bottle of champange!
But to make it fun for yourselves do the rehitchen ceremony at the garden Grill it doesn't cost anything extra and it is a real HOOT!
Also buy some bride and groom hats and wear them around!
We wore them on our honeymoon and received free drinks all night at PI!

We stayed at the poly in Oct for our 17th and we got a balloon and card signed by mickey and minnue and a rose, and everyday i was there i got a rose . It was so nice!! first time away from my four kids! It was magical!!!
mrsmom

We ate at the Rose and Crown for our anniversary. I let the CM know when I made our PS that we would be celebrating our anniversary that day, and when we arrived there, the hostess greeted us with "Happy Anniversary" and proceded to sit us on the patio. We didn't even ask! We had great seats for Illuminations. I think we received a dessert on the house too.

My DH and I celebrated our 10th anniversary at Disney. We ate dinner at The California Grill, it was fantastic! When I made the PS I mentioned that it was our anniversary. When we got there we were seated at what I think was the best table in the place-right in front of the windows dead center overlooking the castle and when the fireworks went off we had front row seats. Very nice indeed!

IMO, I think that it is really "counting your chickens before they are hatched" to wonder what sorts of things might be done for your anniversary at your WDW resort. My husband and I have been at WDW for several different life events (including our Fairy Tale Wedding and anniversaries) - and sometimes, the resorts will make a big deal out of it, sometimes they won't recognize the event at all. It all depends on how busy they are, what CMs are working, and LUCK!!! If you REALLY want to make sure that your anniversary is recognized by something special, make sure YOU take care of the plans yourself - a special meal, flowers sent to your resort room, a "gifts of a lifetime" event (if you are willing to splurge!!)... Maybe you will get something extra from your resort/restaurant PS's as well, but if you don't, at least you will have taken matters into your own hands!!

By the way - we are leaving for our anniversary trip (Poly) in a few days - I will let you know if the CMs there do anything special for us...but in the meantime, we have flowers coming to our room - and I am hoping to book a Gifts of a Lifetime event as well!!

Happy Anniversary, in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter