wedding day dinner

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
My fiance and I are planning an April 28 intimate wedding at the Wilderness lodge. The ceremony is at 1:00, and we're going to have dinner that night with everyone that came down, which includes more than the 8 that are going to the ceremony. My fiance doesn't like The California Grill for some reason, and we don't want to eat at the WL b/c verything else is goint to be there. Any suggestions for a nice place for a group of 15-20 to have an unofficial reception? I was thinking about narcoosee's or Fulton's - Victoria and Alberts is over our budget.

I think you might find Narcoosee's a bit loud, in my opinion. As for Fulton's, we've only ever eaten along the lagoonside deck with 4 and 6 tops, so I cannot be certain that they have an accomodating space. Assuming they do however, I would think it'd be a great place for a reception, if your group likes the seafood fare (I suppose people with dislikes or allergies could munch on the turf offerings).

Have you considered Cape May dinner buffet? We really like the food here. 'Ohanas might also be a fun treat IF your people are carnivores and like grilled meats. We liked the atmosphere here but would not return for the food.

You could also contact group dining about less conventional solutions if you simply cannot decide on one of the standard restaurants.

G'luck and congrats.
Andrew

I agree about Narcossee's being loud, but I absolutely love their food. There's also the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the YC. And in DTD there's Portobello Yacht Club...they have a dining area that is kind of blocked off. Good luck and congratulations!

Hi! The Yachtsman Steakhouse has a semi private area, that is something like an $1100 minimum, I think. You could always call the manager to check the minimum, b/c I'm not positive about this - Jennifer on the Disneymooners list is having her reception there, so may be able to answer any questions you would have.
There is also a private room at the Whispering Canyon Cafe called the Library, that seats up to 20 people, I think. It's at the WL, but you may really prefer having a private room. That made such a difference at our wedding reception!
I agree that Narcoossee's is very loud, even though the food is great, and would say that even Fulton's is pretty loud, though maybe if you call the manager there, they could work something out to accommodate you.
And, as Andy said, you can always call Group Dining for their suggestions.
Cheers!
Heather W

I think the Yachtsman is a great choice. We are also having an Intimate ceremony, at 5pm at the Poly, so we decided that with our guests (only two) that we would just meet there after the ceremony for a late dinner (after we get out of our wedding duds). You might also want to consider the FLYING FISH CAFE.

:earsgirl:

Good luck with everything !!!

Donna (and Jeff too...)
05/02/03
SP/YC/CB

Fulton's has good food and there was a "hallway" type area that was having a "private" party the night we were there, so maybe that would work. To me, it was in the middle of everything and right by the womens room, so not much privacy if that's important to you.
I know O'hana's could accomodate too. They were having a rehearsal dinner with about 30 people the night we ate there. Their food is awesome!

I love Narcoosees, and although it is a bit loud, with a group of 15 to 20 of you, you'll have a large portion of the room for yourselves. Flying Fish is also a great idea, as is Portobello Yacht Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter