Wedding photos

Have you talked much with your daughter about who to choose? Each photographer has their own style and she may like something different than you. I agree that chipping in for the baby, etc would be a better use of your money in this situation. Some people think the photographer is just something you should have to capture the moment, whereas others think of it as much more than that. Those who put more value on the photographer will be willing to cut elsewhere to put more money towards it.

Best wishes to the couple and their new baby :goodvibes I hope everything works out and I'm sure the wedding will be beautiful :)

Thanks, Karen! DD21 doesn't really have an opinion one way or the other. She's not into photography so she's leaving the photographer decision to me. She's much more into the colors, flowers and cake!:goodvibes

I think the wedding is shaping up very nicely. Things have worked out with cancellations, timing, etc. to get what we've wanted. Hopefully our luck will hold - we're heading out today for bridesmaid and flower girl dresses.

Some photographers include the digital files, some will sell them to you, some flat out refuse to provide the digital files in any form. Those that will include/sell them to you may only provide reduced size ones (suitable for sharing on Facebook but not really suitable for printing). If you do get digital files, be sure to get a waiver signed by the photographer or you'll have trouble printing the files anywhere but your own home. Ask for several copies all hand signed just to be safe (I've had endless problems at Walgreens including having a clerk insist that copies of a waiver was not acceptable, it must be hand signed in a different color ink).

We are getting the digital files. That's a good idea to get the waiver. I hadn't thought about that.

Warning, totally unsolicited advice follow, and from an overly practical male point of view none-the-less:
As you go through this process, think back to how many times you've looked at your wedding photos or your parent's wedding photos. If you are like most people, there probably are 1 or 2 that you have framed on a dresser or in a scrapbook and the album gets opened every couple years if you are lucky. Focus on getting those photos. Focus on getting photos with family. Those you'll cherish. The pensive one of the bride in front of the window or closeups of the engagement ring, not so much. This is for your family, not for the photog to exercise his/her art or duplicate every hip pose that is on display at the bridal shows and magazines. In 10 years the dresses and hair will look dated, but the photography style doesn't have to be.

That's so true! It's why I want to take my camera for the reception. I want to make sure I get the people in the photos that I want.

One other bit of unsolicited advice. Don't experience a once in a lifetime moment through a viewfinder. Leave your camera at home and enjoy the day. There will be plenty of cameras at the ceremony and reception, take advantage of that.

Bite your tongue!!!:lmao: It ain't going to happen! My camera goes where I go.;)

We got married in 2008 at WDW. We had two photographers. One on the wedding day that was a non Disney photographer. He was great. We like his style, very tradional with great candid photos. My husband wouldn't hire a photographer unless we got digital rights and all photos on DVD. Which the photographer I liked did offer that at no extra charge. He just had it as part of his package. I thought his prices were very good, sorry I forget the cost right now. We also got any shot the photographer took, he did take out any that were blurry or shots of the ground. lol But if they weren't the best shoots, we still got them on DVD. He printed a bunch of different sizes, and it was put in an album. Very nicely done.

Our second photographer was a Disney Photographer, due to we were doing a MK shoot at 6:00am. Disney only allows their photographers to do those shoots. The package was regular Disney high prices, but still worth it for getting to ware your wedding attire in the MK. We got 12 4x6 photos in an album and the rest of the 51 shots we got were just loose. Now they took way more then 51 shots, but we were not allowed them nor did we ever see them. Again its Disney not shocked. We were not allowed the rights to our photos. In fact my husband worked with Disney Lawyers so if he wanted to use a photo they took in a book he writes later on in his career he can do so. But that took awhile to get. Again its Disney Im not shocked and it was worth it even with out the rights to the photos.

Now I wouldn't choose a photographer that didn't allow me the rights to my wedding photos and who wouldn't give my DVD's of all the photos. There are photographers out there that will do all this. Just have to look for them or know to look for them. This information wasn't something I knew about, it was my husband who knew.

If you need more help, check out the wedding threads on this board. Yeah its for Disney weddings, but not all disney weddings. And lets face it women love to chat about weddings. :cool1: They are all so helpful from choosing flowers to photographers. I hope your daughter has a wonderful wedding. One peice of advice was told to me that was very helpful. Slow down, take it all in. Because a wedding day flys by faster then a Disney Vacation. :flower3:

Wow! I can't believe you didn't even get to see all of the Disney photos and pick out the ones you like the best! Maybe the photographer messed up the rest of the pictures and wouldn't let you see? :confused:

I think I'd better enjoy this wedding because I don't think we're going to get a Disney vacation in this year (first time not going since 2002). DD8 keeps telling me she wants to go though, so maybe we can work something out. We are going to DL next summer though.

Our daughter got married last summer with one weeks notice when her Army soldier got a two day last minute leave.

A friend from church who just started her biz (had only done 3 weddings) came to the house, church and 2 hours at reception and gave us a CD. (She said she did not want us to pay for the CD but we gave her a nice check. She did a great job).

Upon the recommendations of these boards, we got the prints done at MPIX and also made a book from Blurb. We were pleased with both companies.

I did leave my camera in the car during the church ceremony, but did bring it into the reception. I tried not to be glued to the camera and just be in the moment, but was glad I brought it in.

Good luck with your planning!

Our daughter got married last summer with one weeks notice when her Army soldier got a two day last minute leave.

A friend from church who just started her biz (had only done 3 weddings) came to the house, church and 2 hours at reception and gave us a CD. (She said she did not want us to pay for the CD but we gave her a nice check. She did a great job).

Upon the recommendations of these boards, we got the prints done at MPIX and also made a book from Blurb. We were pleased with both companies.

I did leave my camera in the car during the church ceremony, but did bring it into the reception. I tried not to be glued to the camera and just be in the moment, but was glad I brought it in.

Good luck with your planning!

Thanks! I made a book with Blurb last year and it turned out great. Wow, one week! We had twice that long to plan ours! My brother took the pics then, so this whole wedding planning is all new to me.

We did get the bridesmaid and flower girl dresses today though.:banana:

oh...my....goodness...

that is awful, someone get that photographer a 70-200 2.8 RIGHT NOW! i'm a wedding photographer and i feel awkward enough walking around the side aisles to take photos. i would never DREAM of getting right in the middle like that.

i've had to be that close ONCE because it was downpouring and we were all under a tiny tent. i had to stand directly behind and to the side of the pastor to get any photos and to stay out of the rain.

I have my first wedding in 2 weeks. Well, first one as *THE* photographer. I shot pics at a friends weddding for fun. (With an unfamiliar different brand from mine camera...I didn't even bring mine...the best man brought his DSLR and realized *duh* that he wouldn't be able to use it.) She wound up very unhappy with his work and used mine for her enlarged pics.

(DISCLAIMER!!! I was NOT in the photographer's way! Just wanna trhow that out there! LOL! He seemed always *somewhere else*....which I don't understand. I mean, he was paid to be there taking pics of the bride and groom....guess that's why his work didn't turn out so well. Anyway, my point is that he wasn't around taking pics when i took mine...)

Anyway, although I would NEVER do what that guy is doing (OMG! Isn't that aweful! LOL!), my tiny bit of social anxiety is kicking up and I know I will FEEL like I'm doing that! ACK! LOL!

Seriously.....I'm going to have nightmares about that clip tonight and that guy will have my face! LOL! :rotfl2:

Some ministers, priests, pastors, etc... will not allow pictures to be taken during the actual ceremony for this reason.

I was a guest at my nephews wedding a few months back. I was a guest not the paid photographer. They had a pro for that.

None-the-less I took my camera and tried not to get in the way. I made them a photobook from the results.

You can view the book here............
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1306161

Since then I was a guest at my sister-in-laws wedding where I was the designated, unpaid photographer. Unfortunatley I used a different photobook maker and cant view the finished book online but the individual pics can be seen here............
http://reflectionsby.smugmug.com/Events/Craig-and-Marias-wedding/12110774_rnZmP#860775451_BrjqF

I'm assuming the OP meant this thread as a joke as opposed to a full blown wedding photog thread LOL.

I don't know what's worst, him getting in the way, or the full frontal flash!

I shot my secretary's daughter in a pageant last year. They had a pro photographer their too, but funny, he was using full frontal flash, shooting from the center of the run way. Me, I was shooting from an angle, bouncing the flash and swapped between two different bodies with two different lenses. The stupid this is that this guy stays in buisness, but for the life of me, I don't know how.

It's funny, he said, I got a 500mm lens if you need one spare. So I emailed him. Now, I was shooting that day with a 70-200 f/2.8 IS and a 24-105 lens, anyways, he emailed me, he wanted $500 for a vivitar 500mm f/8 mirror lens (manual focus). I could have laughed! I can buy those all day long new under $200.

Anyone notice three video cameras and two photographers? And 5 people in the wedding party?

Looks like a fake to me.

Crazy stuff! Wow, way to act professional.

There was more than one bride. I think there was more than one wedding party trying to shoot at the same location.

Crazy stuff! Wow, way to act professional.

There was more than one bride. I think there was more than one wedding party trying to shoot at the same location.

That's what I assumed when watching too. I hope these guys had good insurance :scared1:

Forget the wedding video, I want to see the dog make that break shot. How did he hold the cue stick?:eek:

I'll never make a good wedding photographer. I can't get into nooks and crannies fast and I miss a lot of fleeting photo ops by five seconds or so. Now I can do a great job as your wedding photographer if you can set up take two and take three including with the dog and the cue stick after I get into position and get the camera adjusted.

Digital camera hints: http://www.cockam.com/digicam.htm

(I jumped to conclusions. Didn't watch the video, takes too long to download on my dialup modem. Any takers for a play by play description in words?)

"Poor bride?" How about poor gear.
It shows the scope of the one photographer (female blue shirt/jeans) going from wedding photographer to photo journalist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter