Weeds in shrubs

ckay87

demented and sad...but social
I have some low-growing shrubs which have weeds growing up through them. Well, technically it's grass growing through them, but when grass is where I don't want it, then it's a weed. Anyway, any hints on how to get rid of it or what causes it? Sounds like a stupid problem - usually with weeds you just pull them, but I can't get the roots because they're mingled in with the shrub. Any ideas?

I have this problem also. I'd certainly be interested in any tips.

I usually part the foliage and gently pull when the ground is moist and is most likely to release the grass root.

After a rain is the best time to pull weeds! But I understand your problem because I've experienced the same situation, can't pull because can't get at it! I just kinda live with it! :rolleyes:

Now I have a similar but different problem where I planted some flowers that a friend gave me last year. I didn't really prepare the area and they are now coming up and the area is full of grass and weeds! There are tons of dandelions there! Well, it's been raining all week and I have yet to go out there and attempt to pull any, but dandelions are hard to pull because of that *** tap root! :mad:

Plus - I have a nice rose bush which, at the root of it, as some freaky extra strength weed growing 4 feet tall. With all my strength, I cannot get that sucker out of the ground. I thought about trying a weed killer, but don't want to damage the rose. I guess there's no real solution except getting 4 strong men - is that wierd?

And Tulirose - I have that too. I love to adopt plants from other people, but with them I always introduce a new type of weed to my landscape as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter