Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

Wellllllll Jedi Training will be a MUST on our DHS day, so I may have to look into pre opening breakfast at H&V if that's still a thing. Crap.
Ok so is it possible to sign up for JTA without doing a preopening breakfast? Or is it just a longer wait? We'd like to do JTA but I don't really want to do the breakfast at HS.

Ok so is it possible to sign up for JTA without doing a preopening breakfast? Or is it just a longer wait? We'd like to do JTA but I don't really want to do the breakfast at HS.

It's definitely possible, but pre rope drop ADR used to be your best bet to get there early instead of waiting in a long line. And earlier = better time slots. I'm going to plan on getting to DHS well before rope drop instead of doing breakfast. I think. Haha!

It's definitely possible, but pre rope drop ADR used to be your best bet to get there early instead of waiting in a long line. And earlier = better time slots. I'm going to plan on getting to DHS well before rope drop instead of doing breakfast. I think. Haha!
I think that's going to be my best bet too! I was just reading about Josh's morning at easyWDW and it looks frightening, lol. Is HS tiered?

I think that's going to be my best bet too! I was just reading about Josh's morning at easyWDW and it looks frightening, lol. Is HS tiered?

Yes it is, forcing me to choose between rocking rollercoaster and the toy story ride. LAME!

Problem is There aren't many rides at DHS right now, so lines tend to get long quick and the tiered FP make the headliners even harder.

We did TSMM, TOT, and Star tours last trip, but DS6 was too short for the rockin rollercoaster. This year that won't work so well, and we will be in at least 1 loooong standby line I'm sure. Blah.

So how are y'all planning to deal with potential MK parade taping that week? I know it was done in November last year, but I've been operating under the assumption that it'll be back to the week after Thanksgiving for this year.

Drat! We were there during stage show taping last year. It was a little crazy on Veterans Day but otherwise not a big deal. I was hoping to miss it this year though. My little one wanted to walk through the castle. Guess we will just have to get an ADR at CRT :P

For those of you talking about JTA, @yulilin3 has the best, most up-to-date info on how signups are working these days! Perhaps she'll pop over and give a quick update or link us to the most recent info. :)

I think I am super sleep deprived because I should be ecstatic about getting FD but instead I am just stressing about my choice of week. How do you think crowds etc will be this week? My dates were super flexible. I'm a school teacher so if I take off during the year every week is equally as bad ;) I looked and looked at historical crowd calendars and am hoping this week will be reasonably chill by Disney standards. Opinions. Anyone been this time before?

I think I am super sleep deprived because I should be ecstatic about getting FD but instead I am just stressing about my choice of week. How do you think crowds etc will be this week? My dates were super flexible. I'm a school teacher so if I take off during the year every week is equally as bad ;) I looked and looked at historical crowd calendars and am hoping this week will be reasonably chill by Disney standards. Opinions. Anyone been this time before?
It's a great time to go. We visit every year the week before thanksgiving or the week after thanksgiving. We have done both several times. We stay the week we get the best deal on. I think the crowds are better after thanksgiving than before. Weather is a little warmer before. Although last year it was plenty warm after thanksgiving. We homeschool so we go when the deal is available. I think you will be pleased.

It's a great time to go. We visit every year the week before thanksgiving or the week after thanksgiving. We have done both several times. We stay the week we get the best deal on. I think the crowds are better after thanksgiving than before. Weather is a little warmer before. Although last year it was plenty warm after thanksgiving. We homeschool so we go when the deal is available. I think you will be pleased.

Very good to hear! I have no clue at all what to expect, both crowds or weather. Haha

It's a really great time to go. We've been during that week twice, and everything was great-the crowds, temps, everything. It's really our favorite time to go. :)

Hi Y'all, I'm Gigi from Virginia - and I was part of the all-night (well, til about 1:30 am and then up again at 4:45am to close the deal) crew that was hunting FD. I'm thrilled that we are staying in AoA 11/28 - 12/5 - Cars Suite, of course! - and hope my grandson is as awed by the real thing as I am by the pictures.

This Disney trip is to belatedly celebrate my 60th birthday, and I'm going with - who else - my wonderful DGS, my DD, and her DH.

So happy to continue the excitement on this thread and look forward to trying to understand FP. I've got ADRs down, although my DSIL and DD are reluctant to plan anything like this out, so I've just got a few weeks to whip their attitude into submission about this or we're going to be stuck wasting - er, using - our upgraded DDP for snacks and all QS restaurants!

I'm a teacher too. We've gone over Veterans Day the past two years, and the crowds have increased significantly. I'm hoping it's a little less crowded this week.

We were there for parade taping last year. It wasn't much of an issue early in the day, but got more crowded the later it got. Mostly people standing in front of the castle for hours on end.

We did Minnie's Holiday Dine at H&V and the boys have already asked to do it again. Will definitely try for BOG lunch and possibly ppo breakfast. Other than those, and Tusker House, looking for recommendations for character meals we haven't tried yet!

And, we'd love to try out Jedi training this year!

For those of you talking about JTA, @yulilin3 has the best, most up-to-date info on how signups are working these days! Perhaps she'll pop over and give a quick update or link us to the most recent info. :)
My name mentioned in a Shenanigans thread...I feel honored :)
JT sign ups are still in the same spot. Indiana Jones store. Sign up early, first thing, to have your pick of shows. Then you have to be at that same spot 30 minutes before your show to get your Jedi robes and final instructions.
Any other questions on anything SW at DHS follow the link below to the official thread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter