wegoshop - NEVER AGAIN!

emmasmom

Mouseketeer
I know how many people have raved about wegoshop.com. So, I put together a rather long list of groceries for my family, called for my time slot and got a confirmation email from them after sending them the list. I have a DD-2.5 and a DS - 6 months, so it was REALLY important to have these things when we checked in. When my DH checked his voicemail after we arrived in the airport, there was a message saying that our groceries wouldn't be delivered due to a "family emergency".
Now, I would understand that these things happen. BUT - I had just read another posting the night before we left from someone who had the same thing happen to them!! Needless to say it was a horrible beginning to our trip. $50 in cab fare and 2 hours later, by DH and I returned with the baby food, diapers, etc. that we needed for a weeks stay. We tried Goodings, the store in WL, asked every person for an easier solution.... Next time I would use a company that had more than 2 people who could do the shopping just in case another "family emergency" developed.

From their website - "WeGoShop.com will do whatever it takes within reason to make sure you are completely satisfied with our service." The website also has a page to complete for "questions, comments or concerns" that is linked to the WeGoShop home office vice the local branch you were dealing with in Orlando. So, I'd send in a "concern" and request reimbursement for your cab fare for the inconvenience since you obviously would have been stuck with some sort of alternate arrangement once WeGoShop defaulated on their agreement to provide your groceries.

Interestingly, I couldn't find anything in the FAQs or elsewhere on the website addressing a guarantee to deliver. In fact, it does even say that they can refuse service to anyone at any time. Clearly that's not what happened here since you have a confirmation.

Good luck!

I was about to ask why you didn't have enough diapers and such to last through the delay, but then I re-read .... Did they really cancel on you outright?? That's bad. I would think in a business such as that, you'd need to have backup in case of family emergencies.

That said, we were not super happy with the service, but only because we ended up with larger quantities than we needed -- I noted "smallest available size unless otherwise specified," but still we ended up with a 32 oz salad dressing etc. I will try them again, but will be specific on sizes for each item. I also didn't like that I didn't get to see the receipt!!

Sorry that happened to you -- what a hassle!

We had a wonderful experience with them and they did give us the original receipt.

Sorry to hear that..it's a horrible way to start a trip. That said, it is part of why I really like the Albertson's fax ahead. Yes, it is about a 20 minute detour (off the highway, run in, pack car, back on highway) but it is a large store and you can see the cart of stuff before they ring it up. If something is wrong, just run and replace it while they ring (they have offered to run for me but I rather save the time)

Thanks, Flexsmom for the reply. We did have enough to get through 24 hours. I will log a "concern" on the website. That's a good idea. The money is annoying, but not really the primary issue. It was quite a night! We had no idea how far the grocery store was from the WL. Of course the Merchantile in WL did have some things, but after really trying to make it work we realized that we couldn't get through a week. I would have sent a box down there before we left, but didn't think it was necessary due to all the rave reviews of wegoshop.com. It just goes to show that all the planning in the world doesn't always work out.

kpk89 said:
I also didn't like that I didn't get to see the receipt!!

We didn't get/see one either. I talked to them every morning on vacation and they said that they'd drop it off. Then it was "I'll mail it overnight for you", 3 months ago, still waiting. I canceled them for our next trip. I put down sizes/brands and still got substitutions that weren't necessary.

To the op, sorry for what happened to you :goodvibes Thanks for sharing your story so others will be careful with who they do business with.

I tried booking with them two weeks out from our trip and they were already full. I really wanted to try them. I assumed since you could call in a next day order that two weeks was plenty of notice. Maybe they just need more employees.

I wonder if all the people using DME has increased their demand more then they can handel. If we didn't have a car this next trip and used DME I think we would try them.

Sorry to hear what happened to you. That doesn't start your trip off in a good way.

InstImpres, the Albertsons fax ahead sounds very interesting. Is there a web site on it? That really would only work though if you had a car or town car service.

However it is something for us to consider on our next trip, we will have a car.

When my DH checked his voicemail after we arrived in the airport, there was a message saying that our groceries wouldn't be delivered due to a "family emergency".

It certainly is too bad that you had this experience. However, as I commented on the other thread: based on the overwhelming body of positive posts here (over years) I would suggest we consider that their "family emergency" may have be totally real.

As a point to consider, (but I have no knowledge as to what their emergency was/is) if your child had become very ill, possibly hospitalized etc -- your daily plans/SOP's and schedule might have been throw off as well. These folks are a small family business-and to each of us, I suspect, in an emergency - family comes first.

InstImpres said:
Sorry to hear that..it's a horrible way to start a trip. That said, it is part of why I really like the Albertson's fax ahead. Yes, it is about a 20 minute detour (off the highway, run in, pack car, back on highway) but it is a large store and you can see the cart of stuff before they ring it up. If something is wrong, just run and replace it while they ring (they have offered to run for me but I rather save the time)

Can you post a link to the Albertson's site?

I didn't even think to check a website. I normally fax my order (I left a few of the items so you could see how specific or general you can be & there is a full liq. dept.) Here's the info:

Kate @ Albertson's, Orlando
Fax: (407) 857-0132

cell number for problems

Below is a list of groceries we would like to pre-order. We will be arriving on Sunday, February 20 and should be in to pick up these groceries around 11am.Please feel free use store brand whenever possible (except soda). Thank you

1. 1/2 gallon Skim Milk
5. 6 Bananas
9. 1 small whipped cream cheese (store brand)
11. 1/2 lb. deli turkey sliced thin
13. 1/2 lb. store baked ham slice thin
16. 1 bag baby carrots (fresh)
20. 1 lb. seedless green grapes
21. Pringles Snack Pack original or sour cream and onion flavor
25. 1 bottle white zinfindel
26. 1 bottle white chardonary
27. 1 dozen eggs
28. 1 box mini pizza bagels

12981 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando (407) 857-5666
6:00 AM to 1:00 AM 7 days a week
Pharmacy – M to F 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM; Sat 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM; Sun 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Located just north of 417 at exit 11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter