Weight loss to Disney

Magic Megadegs

Mouseketeer
Yikes! It was 41 weeks yesterday until we go to Disney and standing on the scales I can confess that I have 62 pounds to lose. That's pretty much 1.5 pounds per week between now and 'D' Day!!!

Anyone else on a weight loss mission for the Mouse?!?

Good luck!

I don't have a weight loss mission exactly, but I do want to keep up exercising and start running more before I get there in 42 days - work hard and then celebrate any accomplishments at Disney (then keep it up)

Good luck, I too am on a mission to lose weight for our upcoming Disney visit.

I've tried to put up a weight ticker but it only shows the bar not the weight loss amount for some reason.

I'm working in kg rather than pounds so I have got another 23.4 kgs to lose (52 pounds ish) I've lost 13 kg (29 pounds roughly) since I started my weight loss back in June so I'm on a new target of about 0.7 kg a week ( 1.1/2 in pounds).

So I'll have to work pretty hard over the next few months before my trip in June.

It would be nice to keep motivated with other people who are have a goal like I have :).

Good luck ,magic megadegs and bandit90 :thumbsup2.

Yes I've lost 20lb's so far and DW (Groovee) has lost 22lb in 14 weeks. She's aiming to loose 3st over all which is what she gained from the medication she is on. I'm going with the flow. Aiming for 12lbs off by Christmas.

Good luck guys. I'm pleased there are others on here in the same boat. Huge congrats on the weight loss so far that's awesome!!!

Doing well 2 days in so fingers crossed. 40 weeks 5 days to go!!!

I was in the same situation this year, I did a 150 days to loose my weight. I had 10lbs to go and when I left for Disney only had 3lbs I didn't loose.

Portion sizes, increased exercise and cutting out fizzy juice really made the difference for me.

I'm back to WDW next November so it's about 375 days until departure, so I'm joining this thread to keep on track and motivated!!

Xx

I joined Weight Watchers online in January and made my own target to lose 36lbs. It came off gradually and I am very close to my target. I won't reach it before we go to WDW, but I don't care because I know I look a lot better and I feel really good too!

Whatever you manage to lose before you go is still a loss. :goodvibes

I have about 6 months to lose between 25-30 pounds. I lost about 5 pounds this month without doing anything other than not eating junk and not drinking fizzy stuff.

I'd recommend downloading the My Fitness Pal app if you have a smart phone. It gives you a recommended daily calorie intake then you put in what you eat each day and what excercise you've done and it'll give you the total calories burned etc. It has pretty much every food you can think of on it too

Lots of us then which is fabulous. I'll be weighing in every Friday morning as that is my 'D' day week date! I may not be brave enough to posture actual weight even in Dis land but I will post pounds lost (gained) etc and total to date. I kind of feel accountable then, lol x

Some of you have had some amazing weight losses, huge congrats to you. We have decided thanks to lovely, helpful advice on here invest in the photo pass plus as the number of photos we have as a family with our 7 and 4 year old is pitiful (largely as I am camera shy, my place is behind not in front of the lens). Next August the intention is to rock that photo pass and get bored of looking at all the many family shots we'll get x

So pleased a few of you want to join in, have a great Sunday x

I am a huge fan of both ww and my fitness pal xxx

We have decided thanks to lovely, helpful advice on here invest in the photo pass plus as the number of photos we have as a family with our 7 and 4 year old is pitiful (largely as I am camera shy, my place is behind not in front of the lens). Next August the intention is to rock that photo pass and get bored of looking at all the many family shots we'll get x

This was my reason for doing it too. I rarely appear on family photos as I am usually behind the camera or feel too unattractive. I have got the photopass and didn't want to be positioning myself behind everyone!

I'm exactly the same I HATE having my photo taken. I always run away or if I'm caught ill delete the photo or unread myself if it ends up on Facebook lol. We're also getting a photo pass and I don't want it to go to waste because I'm uncomfortable or think I look bad. Plus I want to be able to wear a bikini and not feel like a whale XD

Love it, I was thinking I could become the new whale like attraction at Typhoon Lagoon! Kind of like Free Willy!!!

That's the felling most of us get before a trip to WDW so why not come along and join the weight loss thread for this month which is ideally just for folks like us who need the inspiration to lose a few pounds (blush or many more) we support you too. I'm weighing myself in the morning and will post too. You will see others with "Pooh bear" sizing in many theme parks not just WDW so don't get stressed out just try to be sensible about what you eat. Good luck, that app really is good you can use the barcode scanner easily to keep track of what you eat and exercise can be manually adjusted by how many minutes you do to tell you how many calories you burn off even better its free to download and use!!

Joining this thread as need to lose at least 40 lbs before the end of august next year. As I have always had an 'up and down' history with my weight this is proving more of a challenge now I'm in my 40's!

;)

Fantastic post :-) glad to see others in the same position! At least I dont feel so alone on the Disney weight loss battle
I am also trying to loose weight for my Disney trip I have so far lost 3 stone since June I still need to loose another 3/4 stone by next august, but to be honest I already feel so much happier and confident :-) Ive lost the weight through slimming world! And don't even feel like I am dieting :-)

Look forward to seeing how well you all do! I shall post again once I've lost another half a stone :-)

I'm joining in!

I just restarted my weightloss a little over a week ago. I'd like to lose 2lbs per week until my trip in January.

I check my weight daily (helps keep me mindful of what I put in my mouth) but I record my weigh on Fridays.

My trip is 2012-01-02 and we're staying at POP. I've also been perusing the menus to make sure there are good options for me at the restaurants we've chosen. When we went in 2010 my trip to Disney put a serious slow down on my ongoing weight loss efforts because I went so off track. This time I'll try to take a more moderate approach.

So...

Oct 19 - I lost 3.6 lbs for a total of 3.6 lbs.
Oct 26 - ??

My wife has just lost 9 stone, and is down to her target weight now, so it can be done. Keep it all up guys! :thumbsup2

My advice is to ignore all the diet fads (she has done Slimming World, WW, the works in the past) and just do a calorie controlled diet. That way you can eat what you want, as long as you take account of it. It is surprising how much you can eat if you just select the lower calorie options for stuff.

I need to lose about 1 and a half stone myself, now though, as I've stuck a load on with travelling on business recently. Living up to my DIS boards name! :rotfl2:

Michelin Man was also my nickname in my Sunday League team when I came back after a year working away eating on expenses every night, sporting a spare tyre.

I can also recommend the Libra Android app - it is one of the few that you can enter weight in stones and pounds, and also calculates a trendline to work out your average weight loss per week, and when you will get to your target weight.

Great to see so many other people who are motivated into getting healthier and fit for their holidays.

So many great results you guys have had (it's great motivation to hear your results and ways of getting to it and will be great to be able to have like minded people to talk to.

I have to be honest I know I will put weight back on when I get out there as the food looks soooo good, but as long as I don't go silly I'm sure that I can get it back off, plus all the walking around disney should help with that :).

I just may need help getting motivated some weeks as when I first started to lose weight it came off quite easily, the last two weeks I've lost nothing but I've been eating healthily and doing exercise. Hopefully just one of those times when your body holds on to the weight, maybe the exercise it building my muscles a bit and therefore the weight might be going there instead... I hope so :confused:.

As long as I lose a dress size more I'll be happy, It will be the smallest I've been since before my two girls were born 3 years ago.

So good luck guys :thumbsup2 will check back in on friday to see how you are all getting on and will report how I'm doing too.

Well, I've had a great weight loss day so far and even managed a 55 minute brisk walk, feeling very virtuous!!! Lets hope I can keep this all. Good luck all with a week of positive food / drink / exercise choices this week x

I have to be honest I know I will put weight back on when I get out there as the food looks soooo good, but as long as I don't go silly I'm sure that I can get it back off, plus all the walking around disney should help with that :).

I'm trying to lose a bit more than I need to because of this haha. I know I'm going to eat EVERYTHING so at least if I lose a bit extra I won't feel guilty :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter