weight watching my way to my dream me!!!!-comments welcome

cathie1327

Living in reality all the time is for people with
Hi all,
Well I had previously posted on the WISH board talking about how tired I was of being the way I was, and that I really wanted to change it.

SO, I did something about it!!!! I started weight watchers.

This journal is going to be a place for me to post and keep everyone updated on my weight lost, triumphs, sizes, measurements, struggles, etc. I think keeping a frequent journal of how I'm doing will make it easy for me to reflect when I am having rough times.

I'll update this first page regularly with my weight loss and measurements, so it's in a compacted version. Then, I will add additional posts as I go along to update in detail.

Thank you so so so much for everyone's support!:hug:

June 29,2009-first WW meeting. Starting weight: 249.6 Starting measurements: forgot to measure :( Will take measurements next Monday.

July 6, 2009-Weight: 247. Lost 2.6 pounds :) Still no measurements. Forgot to do it. Again.

July 13, 2009-Weight 248.4. Gained 1.4 but it is that time of the month, and weight watchers leader says this is normal? Still forgot to measure.

July 20, 2009-Weight 246.8. Lost 1.6 :) Bringing my total loss to 2.8 pounds since starting. Forgot to measure. Again. Will I EVER remember! :)

Okay, so here's my first post.

To all I haven't met yet, Hi, I'm Cathie! :wave2:

I'm 23 years old and have been struggling with my weight for a very very long time. I have always been chunky my entire life, and got made fun of a lot in junior high and high school. But after I graduated high school and got my desk job, it really got bad. It got even worse when I went home to work for a time and could gorge on whatever I wanted in the fridge all day long! :scared1:

I tried weight watchers last year, but fell off the wagon and never bothered to pick myself up. I had a lot of self esteem issues that I really just coudln't seem to overcome, and I didn't see the value of taking time for myself.

Recently, my boyfriend and I started talking about getting married. We've been together for 6 and a half years, and so we have known for a while now that we want to spend our lives together, just weren't ready to make any major steps yet. I still want the "big proposal"...(what girl doesn't!) so we dont' have a for-certain date yet, but we are thinking about next September. That's right, September 2010. That gives me just 14 months to lose at least enough weight so I can fit into a gown of my dreams. Now, I have about 120 pounds to lose, so I'm not sure I will lose it ALL by that day, but I should at least be close by then :goodvibes

This last Monday was my first official weight watchers meeting. Things have changed a little since I joined last year, so it was sort of exciting to start all over again.

I started recording my food on Monday, and realized that I put A LOT more in my mouth than I knew! Monday and Tuesday of this week I went over my points, I think because I snacked through the day on too many little bad for me things, so when it came time for dinner, I was out of points! Thank goodness for my weekly points allowance!

Today is Wednesday, and I have to say, I feel really proud of myself! I took the time to pack healthy food, and even turned down ordering take out chinese with the office (which was hard because I LOOOOOVE that chinese food!) My lunch is packed full of filling foods that are zero points so I can be sure that I won't go over my points today!

I feel a little overwhelmed and almost like I don't want to do this, but then when I think about all the good things that are going to come out of it, I realize just how much I do want to do this. I don't want to look at my vacation pictures anymore and look at everything but MYSELF because I am so ashamed of what I look like. I don't want to shop for bridal gowns by the size, but rather by what I like. I have enough good reasons to keep me going, I just have to remind myself of them!!!!!

Cathy, I just want to tell you that you CAN DO IT. Take it one meal at a time, one day at a time. You've learnt a lot in the first few days, so what you weren't perfect and ate a day's worth of points before dinner, you used your weekly's and then built upon that for being prepared for the next day. If you don't lose a lb this week you've accomplished something. The lbs will come off, trust me. And I do believe that your goal is reachable in 14 months. 98% of My weight loss took one year, I then lost a few more lbs on maintenance.

WW works and if you work the program the way it is written and not try to re-write it to fit your mood of the day, it will not fail you. Yes, you will have days you will stray that is life and you know what so what -- it's not how many times you fall down, it's how many times you get up!

SO all in all, yesterday went pretty well, had a small slip up, but nothing as bad as Monday or Tuesday.

I made this new recipe from my week 1 W.W. book. It was fantastic!!!!!!!

It was pasta but without any sauce, just diced tomatoes with spices...I honestly think it tasted better than when I make pasta that DOES use the canned spaghetti sauce!!!!

Today I'm definitely feeling the strain and the craving for an ice cream bar is driving me nuts....

So I sat down today and decided it was time to set some goals!!!

Weight watchers has two default goals that you set, which are 5% and 10% of your starting weight. I've incorporated these as well, but wanted to have checkpoints along my journey to keep myself accountable. I've set dates for each of them, based on the assumption that in the beginning I can lose about 2.5 pounds a week and 2 pounds a week thereafter. If it slows down and I need to a goal back another week, then I'll push them all back a week, so these dates are likely to change. I'll keep updating this if they do :)

I would LOVE any comments on any of these, and suggestions for "rewards" for the goals that don't have one yet.

I'll put them like this (just so there's no confusion)

goal///date to complete goal///reward

Lose 5 pounds///July 13///new pair of tennis shoes (that I really actually need!)
Lose 10 pounds///July 27///buy The Sims 3 video game (guilty pleasure)
Lose 12 pounds(5% goal)///August 3///new pair of jeans (I'll probably need them by then!)
Lose 20 pounds///August 31///get my long awaited tattoo!!!:woohoo:
Lose 24 pounds(10% goal)///September 14///new total outfit
Lose 30 pounds///October 5///new pair of shoes
Lose 35 pounds///October 19///new outfit for birthday
Lose 40 pounds///November 2///no reward yet
Lose 45 pounds///November 16///no reward yet
Lose 50 pounds///November 30///New outfit!!!
Lose 60 pounds///January 4, 2010///no reward yet
Lose 70 pounds///February 8, 2010///new outfit (I like these)
Lose 80 pounds///March 15, 2010///long awaited belly button piercing!
Lose 90 pounds///April 19, 2010///no reward yet
Lose 100 pounds///May 24, 2010///New outfit
Lose 110 pounds///June 28, 2010///no reward yet
Lose 120 pounds (ultimate goal)///August 2, 2010///Buy new outfit to go celebrate in, and buy right hand diamond ring for myself (because I deserve it!!!)

Now, I realize that along the way I will have to buy new clothes, so every pay day I will probably be buying a couple things just so I have clothes that fit but the new outfit rewards are so I can get a really nice outfit from a store I like, and have something really nice to wear. The clothes I buy along the way will probably be a lot cheaper, simpler things. :)

There it is!!! I would VERY MUCH apprecaite any of the feedback!!!

Love the goals! Great job having those up there to keep yourself motivated. I am going to copy you - hope you don't mind!

Love the goals! Great job having those up there to keep yourself motivated. I am going to copy you - hope you don't mind!

Not at all!!!

I found that if I break it up into 5/10 pounds at a time, it seems so much easier than just saying "I have 120 lbs to lose whenever I lose it"

First of all, have to announce....

I LOST 2.6 POUNDS MY FIRST WEEK!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana::dance3::dance3::dance3:

So this last week was a bit of a struggle. By Thursday I wasn't doing a very good job of keeping track of points, but I did keep telling myself I needed to watch what I ate, and just because I messed up once didn't mean I had to give it all up. Another Monday was just around the corner. I really like keeping the mentality that every Monday is a fresh new start. It makes it a lot easier not to give up.

So even though I made some bad choices last week, I made some good ones as well, and they obviously have paid off and are showing!!!

I think one of the things that really made a difference was drinking the water. I think I'm probably dehydrated most of the time because I usually don't drink a lot of liquids, but all last week I made sure to keep something on me at all times to drink, mostly water.

My main struggle seems to be the sweets. I LOVE chocolate, and have a soft spot in my heart for a Hershey's cookies and cream bar. (white chocolate and cookie bits....:cloud9: My other serious serious SERIOUS weakness is ice cream.

Anyone have any good tips for keeping my sweet munching under control?

First of all, have to announce....

I LOST 2.6 POUNDS MY FIRST WEEK!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Since I am doing weight watchers at work, I was supposed to go today, but they are postponing the session because we are still waiting for our minimum number to sign up. So I went into the gym and weighed myself there. :)

So this last week was a bit of a struggle. By Thursday I wasn't doing a very good job of keeping track of points, but I did keep telling myself I needed to watch what I ate, and just because I messed up once didn't mean I had to give it all up. Another Monday was just around the corner. I really like keeping the mentality that every Monday is a fresh new start. It makes it a lot easier not to give up.

So even though I made some bad choices last week, I made some good ones as well, and they obviously have paid off and are showing!!!

I think one of the things that really made a difference was drinking the water. I think I'm probably dehydrated most of the time because I usually don't drink a lot of liquids, but all last week I made sure to keep something on me at all times to drink, mostly water.

I also found a few ways to get some exercise in. We went to a baseball game on Saturday for fireworks, and instead of taking the shuttle to and from the stadium for parking, I walked. My boyfriend and I also went to the park yesterday for a nice picnic and played on the playground for a while, Not only was it fun and gave me exercise, but it was sort of romantic. Especially when it started to rain and we chased each other to the car. :) Flirting AND exercise! :love:

My main struggle seems to be the sweets. I LOVE chocolate, and have a soft spot in my heart for a Hershey's cookies and cream bar. (white chocolate and cookie bits....:cloud9: My other serious serious SERIOUS weakness is ice cream.

Anyone have any good tips for keeping my sweet munching under control?

Congrats on your weight loss!:cheer2::cheer2: You'll be at that 5 pound goal soon and get your first reward! Way to go!!!:cheer2:

I like how you have set up a reward at 5 pounds lost increments. Great idea!:thumbsup2

I don't have any advice for keeping sweet munching under control. My munching takes place in the form of Doritos, Chips, e.t.c. ;) For me, the best thing to do is not have it in the house at all or to have smaller portions available. For example, I've found that if I have a large bag of Doritos in the house, they'll be gone in a matter of hours. If I have the small, snack size bags of Doritos in the house, I'll eat one and be good for the day. It's weird, but when I do it that way, it works. I hope you can find something that works for you. :wizard:

Have a great evening!:goodvibes

Sorry for the length of time between posts.

So I got a little of track the past couple of weeks. I'm still really struggling with planning and preparing meals and tracking what I eat. It's hard for me to track food I don't make (don't know the points values), and if I don't prepare my own food then I am eating out all the time. No bueno!

So I am a little better off track today, and weighed in today also. After a gain last week (which I was told by my meeting leader is normal for "that time of the month") I lost this week. 1.6 pounds, bringing my total loss to 2.8 pounds. Okay, so it doesn't SOUND like much. But I'm STILL excited about it, because losing 100 pounds will only go away a pound or two at a time.

It is really weird to me how just KNOWING I have lost makes me FEEL thinner! I feel better about myself!

So my goals have been pushed back also, so I'll be updating that list soon, but they're being pushed back by two weeks. :rolleyes: I had a feeling this would happen, but part of me is looking at it going NO NO NO NO NO! Dates are set for a reason, not to be pushed back!!! Another motivator I guess???

And I went clothes shopping the weekend before last.....man if I ever forget why I want to do this/need a motivator, I'll jsut do that. I was so MAD at myself that things have gotten to this point. I can't shop at ANY of the stores I used to. At all. I hate that. Just more motivation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter