Welcome Home - Pure GENIUS

edingerc

Mouseketeer
The best kind of advertising is word of mouth. Get any DVC member talking for two minutes and almost all of us will meantion "Welcome Home." The advertising genius that thought up having the CM's say that; I hope he was WELL compensated!

It's truly amazing the comfort factor those two words have for people. I think for most DVC'ers the point that they know that they've arrived at their vacation is the first time they hear those two words during their visit. Talk about towel animals. Talk about towels by the pool. talk about superb service... All those cost money.

Two words, guarenteed to light up your day.

I agree. A big reason we joined DVC was to become an "official" part of the Disney magic. Hearing "Welcome Home" upon check-in really makes me feel like I belong :grouphug: .

I agree , too, big time! I made my 1st trip home in April, and the 1st thing out of the cast members mouth when I got up to the desk was ''welcome home'' and (I was so embarrassed), being Italian, I have a tendency to talk with my hands. I started explaining how happy I was to be finally ''home'' and I wacked myself in the ear, which sent one of my earrings flying across the room, and the other cast member there, a sweet lady says ''boy, you certainly seem excited to be home'' :rotfl2:

Edited to say, I was embarrassed w/my earring flying around, not being Italian :rotfl2:

I must agree completely... I arrived at SSR today and as soon as heard those words, Welcome Home, at the front gate - I was comforted and began to relax. What a great way to start a vacation... by being "home" at wdw. I always look forward to the "Welcome Home" because when I hear that, I know good times are ahead and the family is happy.

To be honest with you all, I get teary-eyed the first time I hear those two words at the start of our vacation. :goodvibes

I made a few posts on this board before I was a member. When I made my first post officially saying that I had bought into DVC, the "Welcome Homes" I got from the people on this board really meant a lot to me.

I look forward to my first trip as a DVC member in February and getting to hear it from the cast members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter