Welcome Home stay curiosity

Bucketfoot

Mouseketeer
Just curious, is your welcome stay something you typically only get from your first direct purchase?

They were able to work their welcome home magic when we made our first purchase (VGF). But am I likely to get some welcome home magic (if needed) the first time I book at VDH with our points we bought there?

Just curious, is your welcome stay something you typically only get from your first direct purchase?

They were able to work their welcome home magic when we made our first purchase (VGF). But am I likely to get some welcome home magic (if needed) the first time I book at VDH with our points we bought there?
I bought an add on with a different UY, so it was a separate membership from my original and they contacted me to call them for a "welcome home stay." We did not need it, however, since we just came back from Disney and didn't anticipate returning until 13 months later. Not sure if this is the norm for a new membership, and I'm not sure if it happens when you add on within the same membership.

No. it’s just for those who are brand new owners to help them in understanding the booking process and to navigate the proces.

Even a brand new owner will lose the option if they decide to go and book a room on their own first.

No. it’s just for those who are brand new owners to help them in understanding the booking process and to navigate the proces.

Even a brand new owner will lose the option if they decide to go and book a room on their own first.
That may be true overall, but I think maybe it also depends on availability.
I purchased our Riviera direct contract around 1 year ago and booked our first stay using our points at Animal Kingdom Lodge for early April just before spring break. Booked a standard view room for one night and was upgraded to a Savannah view 1 bedroom. View was terrible (saw a nice large empty cage where they herd people during fire alarms) but better than whatever I paid for.

Maybe an exception to the rule, but definitely a nice surprise. I wouldn't be surprised if upgrades for Welcome Home stays are determined more by the travel dates than anything.

That may be true overall, but I think maybe it also depends on availability.
I purchased our Riviera direct contract around 1 year ago and booked our first stay using our points at Animal Kingdom Lodge for early April just before spring break. Booked a standard view room for one night and was upgraded to a Savannah view 1 bedroom. View was terrible (saw a nice large empty cage where they herd people during fire alarms) but better than whatever I paid for.

Maybe an exception to the rule, but definitely a nice surprise. I wouldn't be surprised if upgrades for Welcome Home stays are determined more by the travel dates than anything.

I think you are talking about something different. The OP wanted to know if DVC would help a current owner who adds on secure a welcome home booking.

Meaning DVc finds something from their own inventory that is not available to current owners and book it with their new points.

Sounds like you were given an upgrade for some reason when you checked in. While this is rare, that has happened quite a bit since 2020 and many of us have experienced it !

Congratulations to you!!

I was also wondering about if that would be possibly be the case if you add on but with a different use year, so it is a new member number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter