Welcoming a new member to our family

Congratulations on adopting Beau! Several years ago we adopted our Arthur through Great Pyrenees rescue. He was a gorgeous Pyr mix. We lost him at age 4 years to aggressive cancer but cherished the time we had with him. Enjoy your Beau!

There is a GP been coming around for a couple weeks. We have been giving (her) food and water. She is very matted. When it warms up I thought I'd work on that. What do I need to do this? Any tips?

Reach out to Great Pyrenees Rescue as they may have someone close enough to help. Also post on Facebook with Pawboost and maybe on your local TV station website. You could also call local veterinary practices as they may recognize the fog. If the dog will let you get close enough check for a collar and if possible take the dog to a vet so they can check for a microchip just in case.

Well.... I see your point as I still have tumblefur in my house. LoL However, during the spring and fall my mix looks like another dog was form with the amount of fur that comes off of him. Also my pup when his ears are up, you see the GSD in him when the ears are down and pin backed, you see the GP in him. The coat is not a GSD nor GP coat but a hybrid. Our pup is a cool dog. Early in his youth he was a runner. Still was up until about a year or so ago was the last "escape". He now wants to be a old coot of dog just barking from his spot.
I’d love to see a pic. We’re very familiar with the fur tumbleweeds, we’ve had a GP mix for 3.5 years and lost our full GP in December. Bo hasn’t started shedding yet because he was shaved by the shelter that picked him up.

Congratulations on adopting Beau! Several years ago we adopted our Arthur through Great Pyrenees rescue. He was a gorgeous Pyr mix. We lost him at age 4 years to aggressive cancer but cherished the time we had with him. Enjoy your Beau!
I’m so sorry for your loss, I know how you feel, we lost our GP Duke very unexpectedly in December.
We needed another GP in our lives, so we got Bo.

There is a GP been coming around for a couple weeks. We have been giving (her) food and water. She is very matted. When it warms up I thought I'd work on that. What do I need to do this? Any tips?
I’m sorry I didn’t see this sooner, life and work have gotten in the way.

if she is still around, definitely contact the National Great Pyrenees Rescue.
https://www.nationalpyr.org/contacts
For the matting, you have to be very patient brushing her out, some mats may need to be cut out.

Thank you so much for helping a dog in need. There are too many out there that need help.

I’m sorry I didn’t see this sooner, life and work have gotten in the way.

if she is still around, definitely contact the National Great Pyrenees Rescue.
https://www.nationalpyr.org/contacts
For the matting, you have to be very patient brushing her out, some mats may need to be cut out.

Thank you so much for helping a dog in need. There are too many out there that need help.
Thanks for the information. I have started brushing her a little every day in the not so bad areas. She is very gentle and sweet. I hope to get to the matted areas soon. I am gonna get some before and after pictures.

Thanks for the information. I have started brushing her a little every day in the not so bad areas. She is very gentle and sweet. I hope to get to the matted areas soon. I am gonna get some before and after pictures.
I look forward to seeing her. If you decide to give her a home with you, you won’t regret it. GPs are gentle giants and make great pets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter