Well, if she can, I can too countdown thread!

Just off on another side-track. I actually hadn't planned to take jeans to wear to the parks - will I need them in October? I have presumed the weather will be too hot for jeans. Does anyone know? :confused3 We will be in Orlando September 29-October 16.

OK - got it!!

Actually went to Pauls warehouse this morning - converse 2 pairs for $89 - so of course Mum had to get a pair too!" (but not those ones Mum, you dont want to look like youre trying too hard! ")

Its no wonder I have no confidence in these matters!!!:rotfl:

ok ...you style police:cool1:

I wear my trainers with all park outfits [shorts & t's].......my converse boots just dont have the arch support for that amount of walking and thongs just look too bogan.
My awesome DH just washed my shoes and they look new......and dont smell bad now after being sweated in 5 hrs a week at the gym:rotfl:double bonus.

The weather is iffy at the moment, so maybe take a few cold weather day jeans/jumper just in case......at least the hurricanes are moving away:dance3:

ok, now i'm def off to have coffee......:rolleyes1

I am :rotfl:at your descriptions of DD's shoe and clothing issues. My girls are the same. Mind you I won't wear runners with jeans either. My preferred mode of dress for getting around is black yoga style pants and sketchers or hush puppy slip ons the ones with elastic instead of laces.

Pauls warehouse is the best place for converse. We have them in all shapes and sizes. They always have them 2 for $89. It is a good idea though to save some of your budget for shoes. When we were last in the US 3 years ago my two eldest bought the "coolest" pair of Punkrose" skater shoes. They are still wearing them and they have never been seen on any other foot in Sydney. Of course it helps when their feet have stopped growing as was not the case with DD3. So she will be on the lookout for shoes when we go in Jan.

Real sneakers fashion no-no. Fashion ones like Converse are ok. Not all white. And no bum bag :rotfl: Sometimes DD8 wants tO wear her school New Balances with jeans. It's a no. I send her back in the room for Sketchers or Propets(which are Old lady shoes, but in bright pink look like they are for an 8 year old!!!

Our trip this year
Dad - bum bag
Mum - junners

Needless to say us daughters walked a few steps ahead of them...
But really IMO wear whatever you feel most comfortable in. Most people are tourists in the parks so bum bags ("fanny packs" hehe) are worn by many and runners do help those whose feet need the support after walking km and km throughout the day. If I hadn't taped my knees (as I usually have to do for sport) my old nanna knees (despite being the ripe old age of 19) would have seen me OD on ibuprofen each night after wearing my converse throughout the day...but no junners for me :lmao:

I plan on the shorts with runners combo - and that's that. If you see me and have sudden urge to call the fashion police - at least try to give me a head start! ;)

I think that any of us in our most daggy of clothes will still look fabulous compared to some of the sights that we'll probably see! For a fashion preview you could head to www.peopleofwalmart.com - SCARY!!!! :scared1:

Well I might as well start my own countdown thread, seeing as though I keep hijacking others!
Its like a train of thought journal - so may or may not make much sense.

So we are at 6days to go - yes we added additional post-its so we can keep count.

We have a very busy six days ahead of us, although I have been planning this trip for 15months suddenly I feel like there is not enough time!

DH has taken the boys this morning for a hair cut.
DD is working until 4 and I am in my pyjamas at 10:00am on Disboards :laughing:

DH has gone to the RTA to try and get registration papers for his car that is due for renewal on 1st October but we havent seen the papers yet, (yeah, I really want to spend that $1000 just now)

I am still waiting on a bank statement so that I can do my tax return - I rang last week and was told they were being sent on Friday - hopefully that turns up on Monday.

DD tells me that she needs to buy new shoes (converse) TOMORROW!!! No, she cant wait until we get there, *** the ones I have have holes, and I have nothing to wear :headache: even though I have asked her several times if she is good for shoes :headache:
me: "What about the ones you wear for netball" -
her: "I dont want to look like a dork with shorts and trainers on" -
did I say she was a cliche!! :headache:

DD will have yearly exams for Maths, English, Science and Geography - and a major drama performance - she will have PDHPE, Religion and 2 elective subjects as soon as she is back!!

Pretty sure that we will have an electricity bill turn up while we are away, might call them on Monday, dont want to come home to no power:eek:

The boys have an ebay auction of nerf guns finishing tomorrow - they will need to be picked up -

Still havent got our travellers cheques, I ordered them for today, but forgot to get cash out of bank, and there is $1000 daily limit on atm - could put it on Credit but would be considered a cash advance, will now have to find time this week for DH to be there to sign them -

I will have to send off my amazon order soon.

My suitcase is half packed - everyone else has one on the floor of their room, not sure what is in them, probably nothing!

Oh, and we have a funeral to go to on Wednesday.

So have the rego papers - booked in for pink slip tomorrow.
Have bought DD's shoes
Nerf guns have been picked up. (an extra $120 for them)
Waiting on teacher to call back re: DD's exams
I've had my hair done, so I look natural again!

Whats left:
Organise some money ! (waiting on DH to get paid on Wed)
Pay rego
Tax return
We have very little food in our house - will have to get an emergency kit to tide us over.

Why do I feel the sudden need to buy everyone new pyjamas? Who is going to see us in our pyjamas? :rotfl:

Our trip this year
Dad - bum bag
Mum - junners

Needless to say us daughters walked a few steps ahead of them...
But really IMO wear whatever you feel most comfortable in. Most people are tourists in the parks so bum bags ("fanny packs" hehe) are worn by many and runners do help those whose feet need the support after walking km and km throughout the day. If I hadn't taped my knees (as I usually have to do for sport) my old nanna knees (despite being the ripe old age of 19) would have seen me OD on ibuprofen each night after wearing my converse throughout the day...but no junners for me :lmao:

Miss Potato head, I bet you were hanging around pretty close when Dad opened that bum bag and GOT HIS WALLET OUT!!!

Junners - I just needed to check out the Urban Dictionary for this one. I must be getting old :lmao:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dress shoes&page=8

Junners are Jeans and Runners. Worn by people who have no sense in fashion or can't afford some dress shoes to go with jeans.
It was so embarrassing when I was bagging out people that wear Junners (jeans and runners) to my friend and I look over and her dad is wearing Junners. Awkward.

We have very little food in our house - will have to get an emergency kit to tide us over.

Why do I feel the sudden need to buy everyone new pyjamas? Who is going to see us in our pyjamas? :rotfl:

We've started the clean out the cupboards food thing too. We have 11 sleeps but only 7 dinners at home. Our new milk expires 24 September, that's after we've gone :rotfl: You know you don't have far to go when the milk expires after your leave!

I get the pjs thing. I purchased DD a new nightie, she would of needed a new summer one, but not I feel like getting one too.

You girls are so funny, you've got me laughing. I wish I was witty.

I had no idea about Junners being bad, so links please to acceptable shoes for both males and females. :)

I HATE bumbags. Hate hate hate them, but you know what I hate worse?!?! Carrying a huge big back pack. HATE!

So I totally caved and bought this. I'm not bringing my huge big Canon 7d this year, just a point and shoot and I'm going to wear this with pride and not have to take it off for everyride and hold it between my feet and hope that it doesn't fall out onto the loop of California screaming and make the ride close for a day and be hated by all. I'm going to wear it but do you think it's bad?

il_570xN.203782259.jpg

Miss Potato head, I bet you were hanging around pretty close when Dad opened that bum bag and GOT HIS WALLET OUT!!!

Not quite, that was more so my 16 year old sister. I, being the older, more wiser of the siblings saved my money and purchased my own little gifts :)

My 12 year old sister had a school presentation today which I went to, she did it on Walt Disney. Made me realise how much I want to return to DL, so all going well I might just pop back over to California over my uni break ...

As for sneakers that do not create 'junners', there are some fashion runners that Nike, Addidas and even Converse make that really are 'runners' in the support they provide but they look decent enough which we buy at outlet shops at DFO (well, I'm from Melbourne so I don't know about the other states).

So jealous of all you guys leaving in the next few days, Florida is on my high list of places to travel once I get the money (and time)

I hate bum bags too and we'll definitely have a back pack (DH will carry it :thumbsup2) for the Disney parks but Universal sounds like such a pain because you have to put your bags in lockers before getting on the rides unless you have something very small such as a bum bag!!

OMG - Now I have to rethink.

DH has a cross body messenger type bag - not quite as daggy as a bum bag. Although its really not that big.

I have a small cross body bag - just enough for my wallet, keys, small sunscreen and lipbalm thats about it.

We have dining plan so I am not taking any snacks into the park, we will get water as needed for free!

I will also have a mid size camera bag that sits across body.

I AM NOT CARRYING ANYONE ELSES CRAP!!!!!

Is this what you're thinking? Just joking!!!!! I need a little humour today. Really, I do. From http://washedup.org/en/posts/2009/0...bowen.com/images/2006/0127-tourists.jpg[/IMG]

I was looking at photos from my first trip to the US in the early 90s when I was very little, there are some classics including my dad wearing a bum bag AND high socks with sandals *doh* anyone say tourist?

Re: bags, each of us girls' took a small shoulder pouch bag which was enough to hold our cameras + any money we had, with Dad bringing a larger (but soft material) backpack which we put a few water bottles in and some snack bars (along with the bum bag, doh!). We never had any issues with it on rides.

I take my faithful pink backpack...load it up...then offload it on DH the first chance I can get...i carried his children, the least he can do is carry my bag:rotfl:

Oh, and he does look so cute in pink:rotfl2:

So just sent off my amazon order !! :thumbsup2

Although didnt realise that your stuff is sent from different suppliers - I think I have 4 boxes coming with only small stuff in them :rotfl:

So just sent off my amazon order !! :thumbsup2

Although didnt realise that your stuff is sent from different suppliers - I think I have 4 boxes coming with only small stuff in them :rotfl:

Oh Battymum, I know what you mean!! I completed my Amazon order on the weekend and had no idea they get separately until then. My order is split up into 7 different postings!! It will drive the hotel reception crazy to be signing for all of them I expect and some of them are really tiny. For example, one is a Tide Stain Remover stick which I imagine is only the size of a chapstick! :lmao: Every time one is shipped, I get an email and I can track it which is good. This certainly is a learning curve for me :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter