Well we made it home from Ft Wilderness...

NHMickey

<font color=red>I'm A Disneyana Collector!<font co
We had a great time. We spent a little over 4 weeks in the 300 loop. Thank you all for all your help with our questions.

Welcome back! Wow, four weeks -- I am sooooo jealous!! Care to share any details?

I usually end up with about 2 weeks over a course of a year! WOW 4 weeks at once how great!

WOW! Four weeks. I'm a little jealous. We are going for 6 days the end of JAn and 14 days in Aug, But 4 weeks would be awesome. I can imagine a trip report would be long, but it would be nice to hear the hilights. KQ:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Well I will try and put our stay in to words soon but for now let me say that Ft Wilderness is by far the best Camp Ground I have ever stayed at. I sell RVs for a living and have been to a few great camp grounds but this is the best. Just ask my dog Chloe here relaxing at the 2nd site we had.

camp1.jpg

Loved the photo of Chloe! I know she had a blast!!

Now, two questions--did you get a special rate for a month's stay? And did you see a 30th anniversary FW pin? I keep thinking surely they have come out with one but I haven't read anything about it.

Thanks,
Barbara
150 days to go

Way to go NHMickey! We will be taking the camper down in late Feb. How was the drive?

Tim.

WOW 4 weeks what a great tip. Question since you were there over Christmas time, did people
really decorate their sites?

No special pin... Bummer to cause I'm a hugh pin collector. And no special rate. We didn't book it for a month just 2 weeks... It turned in to a month though.

I noticed that your had a much nicer paved pad then ours did a last year. Have they finally paved the patios as well? We were in the 1400 loops and I slipped off the pad onto a 4" drop backwards (to the picnic table area). Sent pain right up my back! I complained about it. Could have broken an ankle on the uneven pad/patio area. I like the ones with the patio and pad paved.

Glad you had a wonderful time!

Cyndilou01, there are some loops that are designated pet loops. They are the 300 loop (a preferred loop) and loops 1600-1900. You can keep your pets with you if you are in a travel trailer or motorhome. The pets have to stay in the loops and be on a leash, and you have to clean up after your pets. There is an extra per-night charge if you have pets, it was $3 (I believe) and I'd heard that it was increased to $5. There are areas in the loops to walk your dogs--cats too I guess if you're into that--and my dog loves FW!

Give me a yell if you have any more questions!

Barbara
145 days to go

Yes, as the other poster stated, you can keep your pets at your campsite if you have a hardsided RV (not popups). The kennels are just "crates" not true kennels. OUr collie was much happier in the TT. She's used to it anyway. We're going to the beach again with her (she can't go to the beach though :( ) The TT is her second home ;) When we travel w/o her (like to WDW), she stays in a kennel here that has 5x10 indoor and a 5x10 outdoor run.

PS> I thought we were in the 1400 loops, but maybe it was 1600. It was a pet loope anyway, but didn't have direct acess to the pet walk area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter