Wendy & Chuck's PJ and TR Merged 2/4/08 Escape SBP/JIKO: Updated 9/19-Pleasure Island

OMG! We registered this weekend. I think that is one of the most horrible things I've ever been through. :scared: We went to Bed Bath & Beyond. We were there forever. DF was AMAZING :love: :wizard: which really helped, b/c I started to get anxious and overwhelmed. Then I get panicky... ugh! Basically, DF says that I need to just get out of my own way, which is sooo true. :laughing:

We couldn't choose dinnerware, so I also skipped flatware and drinking glasses, etc. I also didn't do table linens yet. We registered for almost everything else. But we do need to register for a microwave (they didn't have any that we liked) and breadmaker (for DF :rotfl2: )

So here is my question: Where else should we register?? I need to find plates and bowls and a microwave. Where did everyone else register. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?? All input is welcome.

I plan on using a registry to register for small appliances that I would like to have/replace. Things I thought about: pasta maker, new crockpot, ice cream maker, blender, etc, attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer. If you are interested, this would be a good time to register for the more expensive appliance (like the mixer). Don't forget about good crystal too.

I registered at BB&B too, and then Macys. I agree, it was stressful! Usually when you go shopping you dont throw EVERYTHING YOU SEE into your cart... which is basically what you're doing when you register! I barely registered for anything, we had to re-do it all online when we got home. It's a lot less stressful than being in the store and surrounded by stacks and stacks of stuff!

I registered for our fine china at both BB&B and Macys, just because Macys has great sales (even though the regular price is cheaper at BB&B) , so if we have to buy it ourselves after the wedding we'll get a better price. We got our everyday china at Macys, its just plain white, by the Cellar.

My advice is to have fun when registering... its basically your "wish list" so you shouldnt expect to get everything. Make sure you have things in different price ranges... some people like to spend $50 or under, some spend $100, and some $200 or more.

I felt the same way about registering! First of all, how often do you outfit an entire household in one day? Like never...Second of all, bless BB&B for their return policy, but spending more than about 30 minutes in one of those places - with the no windows and the incessant '50s pop songs - is enough to drive anyone crazy. I got really cranky - I think I should have brought snacks.

How about Crate & Barrel? Macy's is good too - I thought they were only going to have the usual boring department store stuff, but they just started a deal with Martha Stewart and have so much cute stuff!

A good friend of mine who recently married registered at a few of places - I think she did Macy's, Linens & Things and Target. She said that the Target registry was the easiest and most fun and speaking from experience in shopping from someone's registry - the most easiest and friendliest to use.

A good friend of mine who recently married registered at a few of places - I think she did Macy's, Linens & Things and Target. She said that the Target registry was the easiest and most fun and speaking from experience in shopping from someone's registry - the most easiest and friendliest to use.

Whoa - really? I have heard nothing but horror stories about Target. They changed their return policy in August, and now if people accidentally buy you multiples of something you can only return one. Also you can't return or exchange anything without a receipt, even if it's on your registry... :scared1:

Whoa - really? I have heard nothing but horror stories about Target. They changed their return policy in August, and now if people accidentally buy you multiples of something you can only return one. Also you can't return or exchange anything without a receipt, even if it's on your registry... :scared1:

I did not know that...plus her wedding was last year so it was before these changes took effect. That's too bad though. As for return policies, consumer laws vary by state so these changes may not affect everyone. I know we have some pretty tough ones here in MA which help to protect us (not sure how Target's new policy figures into it though...I'll have to do some research :surfweb: ).

I registered at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Disney honeymoon registry, and Target. I was hesitant about doing Target, but that is where I mostly shop and in my friends price range, so I went with it. I have had a good experience with them. Everything I scanned was added correctly, I went home and added stuff online and went back to the store and everything worked great. They did mention for everyone to include gift receipts, which only a few do anyway. I had my shower yesterday and all the gifts except from 1 persons were from Target. No one has done anything on my Disney registry and one person got items from BBB. I was hoping for more from BBB since that is where some of the appliances are we were wanting. Oh well, we still got a lot of neat, useful stuff.

A friend of mine is going thru this right now! Target is surprisingly un-willing to budge. It's one of my favorite stores, but I will not register there!

i registered at williams sonoma. we have lived together forever and i originally wasn't going to register, but after incessant whining and complaining from our friends, we did it...well, i did it. i find ws to be the easiet place to work with. we don't need any china, but there is a ton of kitchen stuff that i need. we use fiesta ware which i love, it's so colorful and fun!!! we bought it when we worked for disney at property control (aka: disney shopping heaven) when they changed all the dinnerware in wdw restaurants to be the same!!! i just registered for everything i could think of online. we've already gotten one present!!!

i also have hadmany problemswith taget.
i went to return things fromym bridal shower and they just down right would not take them back and nowi have 20 towels that dont match anything and then i went to return some items from the wedding and they asked me to look it up in the systemand i couldnot find me when they called the office it said that it kicks you out the day after the event. ahhh so you cant even return gofts after the wedding hmm this is strange.
to end on a high note i did have a lot of luck with bbb. they allowed me to return all i mean all of my shower gifts and rebuy in florida and use coupons so i saved money and was able to by the best cofee machine hehe.
they are a great choice.

I registered at BB&B too, and then Macys. I agree, it was stressful! Usually when you go shopping you dont throw EVERYTHING YOU SEE into your cart... which is basically what you're doing when you register! I barely registered for anything, we had to re-do it all online when we got home. It's a lot less stressful than being in the store and surrounded by stacks and stacks of stuff!

I registered for our fine china at both BB&B and Macys, just because Macys has great sales (even though the regular price is cheaper at BB&B) , so if we have to buy it ourselves after the wedding we'll get a better price. We got our everyday china at Macys, its just plain white, by the Cellar.

My advice is to have fun when registering... its basically your "wish list" so you shouldnt expect to get everything. Make sure you have things in different price ranges... some people like to spend $50 or under, some spend $100, and some $200 or more.

I never though about it that way... the whole throwing everything into your cart! It is stressful. But I think our day was successful despite the things we didn't get to (the dinnerware, a microwave, etc.) We had 101 items on our list. I adjusted some stuff yesterday online.

Thanks for the everyday china suggestion... We have to go with just a plain white (b/c DF is very plain like that, and I'm okay with it) we were just having a hard time deciding in the store. They had a lot more options online though. So DF and I are going to have to look online and then go to our second store option (prolly Macy's) and if we don't see anything in person, hopefully we'll have choosen a backup online.

I felt the same way about registering! First of all, how often do you outfit an entire household in one day? Like never...Second of all, bless BB&B for their return policy, but spending more than about 30 minutes in one of those places - with the no windows and the incessant '50s pop songs - is enough to drive anyone crazy. I got really cranky - I think I should have brought snacks.

How about Crate & Barrel? Macy's is good too - I thought they were only going to have the usual boring department store stuff, but they just started a deal with Martha Stewart and have so much cute stuff!

Yeah, half way through, I though... "man, i should have thrown some granola bars and a bottled water in my purse." I'm hypoglycemic... so, I should know better anyhow. We had planned on eating after... I just didn't know after was going to be like 6 hrs. later :rotfl: Then, we get back in the truck after and lo and behold... we had all sorts of fruit b/c we had gone to the market before we went to BB&B. So we could have totally snacked on some bananas!

The other thing I'm thinking about with Macy's is luggage. DF travels ALL THE TIME for work and he could use some decent luggage. Like a better carry-on bag at the very least (he tries not to check his bag b/c it's always more of a hassle.)

I've heard the same bad things. That and your almost guranteed to get multiples b/c there system doesn't update in real time.

I registered at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Disney honeymoon registry, and Target. I was hesitant about doing Target, but that is where I mostly shop and in my friends price range, so I went with it. I have had a good experience with them. Everything I scanned was added correctly, I went home and added stuff online and went back to the store and everything worked great. They did mention for everyone to include gift receipts, which only a few do anyway. I had my shower yesterday and all the gifts except from 1 persons were from Target. No one has done anything on my Disney registry and one person got items from BBB. I was hoping for more from BBB since that is where some of the appliances are we were wanting. Oh well, we still got a lot of neat, useful stuff.

I'm glad Target is working out for you. I guess if you register all for stuff you really really want, then you shouldn't have to much of a problem. You didn't get any multiples??

A friend of mine is going thru this right now! Target is surprisingly un-willing to budge. It's one of my favorite stores, but I will not register there!

I LOOOOVE Target, it's my happy place. :goodvibes But I was purposely avoiding them b/c of everything I had heard about their registry. It's kind of a bummer! Even DF asked if we could register there and I explained to him the pitfalls.

i registered at williams sonoma. we have lived together forever and i originally wasn't going to register, but after incessant whining and complaining from our friends, we did it...well, i did it. i find ws to be the easiet place to work with. we don't need any china, but there is a ton of kitchen stuff that i need. we use fiesta ware which i love, it's so colorful and fun!!! we bought it when we worked for disney at property control (aka: disney shopping heaven) when they changed all the dinnerware in wdw restaurants to be the same!!! i just registered for everything i could think of online. we've already gotten one present!!!

Oh how I miss PC.

i also have hadmany problemswith taget.
i went to return things fromym bridal shower and they just down right would not take them back and nowi have 20 towels that dont match anything and then i went to return some items from the wedding and they asked me to look it up in the systemand i couldnot find me when they called the office it said that it kicks you out the day after the event. ahhh so you cant even return gofts after the wedding hmm this is strange.
to end on a high note i did have a lot of luck with bbb. they allowed me to return all i mean all of my shower gifts and rebuy in florida and use coupons so i saved money and was able to by the best cofee machine hehe.
they are a great choice.

This is the icing on the cake, sealing the deal. I'm standing firm on not registering at Target, eventhough I feel like it would be so easy to go there and pick stuff out.

End Result: We'll prolly go to either Macy's this weekend to register. Please send me some :goodvibes b/c it's going to be hellacious having to do this the weekend after thanksgiving!!!!!! Eeeek! But, if we just keep our momentum up and get it over with, we'll be relieved when it's over. That, and we have no choice, our shower ivites have to go out next week :headache:

So, I woke up around 5:30 this morning completely parched... I stumbled to the kitchen and got another bottled water and went back to bed. My alarm went off at 6am and I hit snooze twice before turning it off and telling DF to go before me this morning. He comes back from the bathroom after his shower and tries to wake me again and I shrug him off. I had a horrible headache all on the right side of my head and behind my eye. Finally, he comes back in the room with his coat on at 7:30am and wakes me again, asking if I'm staying home today. I say no... b/c if I can't afford to take the friday after thanksgiving off (which my boss will give me off, but just not pay me for :mad: ) then I can't afford to take today off. I look at the clock and say I'm going, that I'm just going to be late (I should be leaving at 7:30am!) Then DF says, "happy birthday honey," and that's when I loose it and start crying. I feel like a** and don't want to go to work and I didn't even remember it was my birthday when I woke up! So, I took some excedrine migraine, hopped in the shower and got to work only 50 mins late today! :sad2: My neck is still a little stiff but other than that the pain in my head is dulled. And my boss just bought me lunch for my Bday! So, that's good.

On to some Wedding Updates:

My veil came last night and I've already jacked it up. I ordered the 18" russian veil with three combs. Well, melody packed it on a foam ball with the combs pinned down in the same way they should be positioned when you wear the veil. Well, of course I read this in the directions after I've already unpinned it from the ball and I can't firgure out how to put it on correctly. So, I don't have any cool pictures like Caryn, but... when I do my hair trial, I'll post thoughs. So, I tried putting it back on the foam ball for safe keeping as again, the directions suggest. There's no way I could get it back on the way it was before. HMPF! So, I just drapped it over the ball and put it in the spare room for safe keeping! Now how am I going to get it down to Disney?? Hmmmm.

Also, we sent our invitations out in October (I'll have to take some pictures and post them this weekend) and thus far we've only gotten 5 RSVPs due by the 30th of this month. My parents, DF's parents & grandmother, FSIL/MOH and the Best Man have all replied that they're coming. The RSVP we got yesterday was from a girlfriend of DF's who lives in Cali. She was iffy from the start and sure enough she declined the invitation. So now were down from 18 guests to 15. And I feel really bad for DF b/c it's his people who are declining and putting up a fuss about not bringing significant others. Not one of my friends (married, dating or single) has had a problem with coming alone. Even FSIL is coming w/out her BF of just over a year. And they are both okay with it. So, DF sent his gf in cali an email saying that we just had someone else decline last week, so now her sig other could come, and does that make a difference to whether she can come or not. I'm kinda frustrated by that... like why does she get the preferential treatment over anyone else, esp. those who are coopertive. But for DF's sake, I figure we should throw it out there and if it doesn't make a difference, at least we tried to accomadate her.

Also, it's countdown to Thanksgiving. Has anyone ever cooked to spite someone?? I'm making green bean casserole to spite DF's mom. Okay, I know that's wrong. She told FSIL that she doesn't like my green bean casserole b/c it's too mushy and maybe it would be better if it was made with fresh green beans. HELLLOOOOOOOO, green bean casserole is supposed to be mushy. The crunch comes from the fried onions, lol. So, I told her that was the dish I was bringing last night on the phone and she tried to tell me not to bother and I told her that DF already had me buy all the stuff to make it so it's not a bother. I know it's wrong to be soooo passive agressive. But I'm so angry about everything that she's done regarding the wedding and there's nothing I can do. I have to wait until Thursdays when DF plans on 'stepping in' and having a conversation with FMIL about all of these 'issues' (recap of issues: not coming to my shower, not inviting anyone else to my shower, refusing to set date for at home reception to be held at her house this summer until april!). So, I am not looking forward to Thrusday. I'm getting my :cool2: ready. And it's even more so disappointing b/c my Parents moved to AZ a year ago so I haven't had my mom's stuffing or turkey or anything and I miss it so bad! DF's mom wants to make frickin gnocci with thanksgiving dinner. I'm thinking how about some yams??? :scared:

We booked our room this weekend. We were really, really considering going with a Deluxe resort. Prolly the WL b/c we loooved it so much when we visited it on our last vacation. But I kept asking DF is he really wanted to spend that kind of money. I mean, I know that it's our wedding an all... but I don't want to get spoiled by a deluxe and then what, lol. But really it seemed unrealistic to spend that much on a room. We're such go, go, go people anyhow that we only spend time in the room to sleep. So he finally agreed to POFQ and I called Sunday. We were able to book for $99/night for 4 nights (required for an escape wedding) since we're AP holders now (included with the escape wedding). I asked if the vouchers alone were okay to show when we checked in and they said that's not a problem! Sooo exciting. We just save ourselves nearly $600 between the resort change and mentioning that we had AP's! :dance3:

Holy cow! We really *are* wedding twins - my birthday is Sunday! HAPPY BIRFDAY, Mistress of All Evil!! :cheer2:

Also, you rock that mushy green bean casserole! It is totally supposed to be mushy. Hello, it is swimming in cream of mushroom soup - this ain't spa food! Your FMIL will prolly shush up when the guests eat every last mushy drop of your casserole.

Congratulations on your big savings! Sorry about Thanksgiving! I say go with the mushy green bean casserole!! My DF is working all day Thanksgiving and my family is humdreds of miles away! I'd be happy to eat your mushy casserole!

Looking forward to hearing more!

Good luck finishing your registry! The closer to closing you go, the less busy the store will be.

My FMIL MOVED Thanksgiving! The entire family is coming to her house on Friday instead of Thursday, but Rob and I are still expected to show up on both days with a covered dish! She doesnt trust me to cook anything either... even though I'm a darn good cook and she can burn water! She told me to stop at the store and pick up a pie instead!

Kristen, I'd say make the pie then put it in a box. When everyone says how good it is, fess up!

Happy Birthday!:dance3: party:

I love mushy green bean casserole. We are being lazy this year. It is only me, DBF, and his little brother (no EMIL - I shouldn't say that, I might jinx it:rotfl: ). I ordered from Boston Market and I will be making the mushy green bean casserole and an apple pie (from my Kitchen Witch's Cookbook).

Maybe I should send you a Kitchen Witch's Cookbook. I'm sure there are some recipes in there for how to deal with EMILs. (Really it is a good cookbook that I got when I was studying Wicca. It is the only thing I kept when I decided to give up on it.)

ohhhh, i feel so bad for you having a migraine on your birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

i am TOTALLY cooking to spite fmil. she never does a darned thing for the holidays, i'm expected to do EVERYTHING. so i'm making a turkey (already thawing in the fridge :thumbsup2 ) and a bunch of italian food that she's not going to like. too bad. what IS IT with the haterific mother in laws lately. geez! happy thanksgiving to us!!!
:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter