"We're armed with forks!" 11/21-29...8 days of food & a cake too...UPD 11/9!

So I've made a few ADR changes, which are noted in red below. I would also LOVE any opinions on the ADR's that you would change.:confused3 I've also noted my OOP meals. If there are any you'd ditch, let me know;) I'm having second thoughts about doing 50's, GFC, and Chefs (I put these in blue since I'm hem hawin' about them). I would like to do a LTT lunch one day instead, but am clueless as to the other two. I'm still holding out hope against hope for a....don't laught at me too hard now...Le Cellier dinner one night since Nana has never been. And...green items cannot be changed due to kids choices. So here is where I'm at as of this minute:

Day 1/Arrival Day
B - On the road
L - WPE @ DTD
D - The Wave @ 7:10pm (Alice will be receiving her custom cake at this meal, since this is the place she really wants to eat at)

Day 2
B- In room or snacks from the resort
L - CS @ Epcot; definitely Tangeirine for me
D - O'Hana @ 9:30pm - family pick (we do this time purposefully so that we can watch the EWP at 9 on the beach and then request a window seat for Wishes during our meal. The is just the best!)

Day 3
B - CS @ SSR Goods to Go
L - Sci Fi @ 3:05pm - all the kids want to go here! OOP
D - 50's Prime Time @ 9:50pm I'm scared to death of CS at DHS:scared1: We could absolutely eat in the room or use snack credits for BF, but what about dinner??? Should we hit the BW??? If so, where???

Day 4
B - CS @ Main St Bakery
L - Gardenview Tea Room @ 2pm for the girls Alice will be receiving her White Chocolate Glass Slipper dessert I ordered at the Tea. OOP
D - Kona Cafe @ 7:30pm - my pick

Day 5
B- WPE
L - Planet Hollywood @ 11:30am with our 2 $15 vouchers! Rest is OOP
D - Grand Floridian Cafe - my pick for a nice meal with lots of variety, but now I'm not so sure and I don't know why?

Day 6 (Turkey Day!)
B - Tusker House @ 8am - Stitch's pick...she loves Donald OOP
L- CS @ I DON'T KNOW WHERE! HELP! I had orginally put Mara here, but they serve fried shrimp. This means they use the same oil to fry their shrimp as they do their chicken strips, fries, etc. And that's a BIG no no for Stitch now:sad2: We actually could just skip it lunch today since we have the big buffet for BF and the AYCE Turkey Dinner at night.
D - WCC @ 8:55pm - my DBFF swears by WCC and her and her family just LOVE it. Her and I have really similar palettes so I think this is a good choice. It's also what Nana picked too.

Day 7
B - Kona Cafe @ 10am - I MUST HAVE TONGA TOAST this trip!!! OOP
L - CS @ Epcot @ Sunshine Seasons
D - Chefs de France @ 8:50pm - chose this cuz of the Prixe Fixe menu so we could all have appitizer, entree, and desert. But now I'm second guessing! Thoughts???

Day 8
B - Crystal Palace @ 8:10am - my pick for Stitch. OOP
L - CS @ MK - either CHH or Pecos Bills...this is where I'm thinking of putting LTT and ditching CP...THOUGHTS???
D - 1900 Park Fare @ 6:05pm - Stitch's pick

Day 9
B - O'Hana @ 7:45am - Stitch's pick OOP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I just need your help and opinions. Pretty please????:angel: I have 6 OOP meals on top of our DDP and I feel that's just WAY too many and I'm not really getting any savings. Ugh....my brain hurts....:worried:

We've never done Chefs, but I understand the lunch is MUCH BETTER than dinner.

As for Whispering Canyon Cafe, sorry--you will get one big YUK from me and also from MickeyNicki (she didn't listen to me when I told her not to go because her DH, Todd, REALLY wanted to go. Over greasy, fatty disgusting food (my DH got sick on the ribs/chicken and we know it was that because it was the only things in the skillet I didn't try). The service was absolutely awful--it was just the two of us and we were there for two hours and never even bothered to order dessert. It's one place we will never go to again.

We've never done Chefs, but I understand the lunch is MUCH BETTER than dinner.

As for Whispering Canyon Cafe, sorry--you will get one big YUK from me and also from MickeyNicki (she didn't listen to me when I told her not to go because her DH, Todd, REALLY wanted to go. Over greasy, fatty disgusting food (my DH got sick on the ribs/chicken and we know it was that because it was the only things in the skillet I didn't try). The service was absolutely awful--it was just the two of us and we were there for two hours and never even bothered to order dessert. It's one place we will never go to again.

Thanks for the Chefs tip Kat:hug: I think/hope we'll be ok at WCC since they are serving Thanksgiving fare. If it was for the ribs skillet, I definitely would skip it! We're big on Turkey Day dinner and this menu did look best. Plus, my DBFF said that the antics for the kids are just great! Here's hoping!:rolleyes1

Another WCC "yuk" from me but we had the skillet and nothing else. Hopefully their Thanksgiving meal will be much better for you.

I really enjoyed lunch at LTT but I don't think I would ditch a CP breakfast for it.

I changed our Chefs dinner to lunch for our upcoming trip based on the recent bad dinner reviews. We loved our lunch there last year. Haven't had dinner there in a few years but we did enjoy our meal back then. I think if I were you I would give it a try But of course keep trying for Le Cellier! You never know what could happen!

Ok here is my 2 cents :lmao:

L - WPE @ DTD Awesome choice!
D - The Wave @ 7:10pm (Alice will be receiving her custom cake at this meal, since this is the place she really wants to eat at) We have been here twice and the food is fantastic! You will love it!

D - O'Hana @ 9:30pm - family pick (we do this time purposefully so that we can watch the EWP at 9 on the beach and then request a window seat for Wishes during our meal. The is just the best!) I really enjoyed this meal

L - Sci Fi @ 3:05pm - all the kids want to go here! OOP Another excellent choice!
D - 50's Prime Time @ 9:50pm I'm scared to death of CS at DHS We could absolutely eat in the room or use snack credits for BF, but what about dinner??? Should we hit the BW??? If so, where??? This is a great place to dine, it is super fun and the fried chicken is incredible!

L - Gardenview Tea Room @ 2pm for the girls Alice will be receiving her White Chocolate Glass Slipper dessert I ordered at the Tea. OOP The best experience ever
D - Kona Cafe @ 7:30pm - my pick Not really thrilled with this place but DH loved it

B- WPE Never been but I have heard it is awesome
L - Planet Hollywood @ 11:30am with our 2 $15 vouchers! Rest is OOP Been there a few times, dont really care for it.
D - Grand Floridian Cafe - my pick for a nice meal with lots of variety, but now I'm not so sure and I don't know why? We love this place! Great food!

Day 6 (Turkey Day!)
B - Tusker House @ 8am - Stitch's pick...she loves Donald OOP Havent been yet but I have heard the food is very good
L- CS @ I DON'T KNOW WHERE! HELP! I had orginally put Mara here, but they serve fried shrimp. This means they use the same oil to fry their shrimp as they do their chicken strips, fries, etc. And that's a BIG no no for Stitch now We actually could just skip it lunch today since we have the big buffet for BF and the AYCE Turkey Dinner at night. I would go to DTD for shopping at eat at WPE again
D - WCC @ 8:55pm - my DBFF swears by WCC and her and her family just LOVE it. Her and I have really similar palettes so I think this is a good choice. It's also what Nana picked too. No way would I eat here again, we ate here in Aug and the food was super greasy and fatty and ick and the server was a dud, no fun and games going on at lunch either

B - Kona Cafe @ 10am - I MUST HAVE TONGA TOAST this trip!!! OOP The best!
L - CS @ Epcot @ Sunshine Seasons Love the veggie cuban!
D - Chefs de France @ 8:50pm - chose this cuz of the Prixe Fixe menu so we could all have appitizer, entree, and desert. But now I'm second guessing! Thoughts??? Sorry but after our terrible meal here last month I would not go back to Chefs again...lunch yes but not dinner

B - Crystal Palace @ 8:10am - my pick for Stitch. OOP Our favorite!
L - CS @ MK - either CHH or Pecos Bills...this is where I'm thinking of putting LTT and ditching CP...THOUGHTS??? I would rather do CP for breakfast and CS at CHH for lunch
D - 1900 Park Fare @ 6:05pm - Stitch's pick Another place that you will never see us set foot in again, the food was just terrible

B - O'Hana @ 7:45am - Stitch's pick OOP Great way to end your vacation and you can get pressed pot coffee here

Okay here is my advice.

50s PTC cafe was good. I thought the food was good. It's a great place to go for people who have kids. If you want to head over to the BW area, I would try Captain's Grille. We have not been there, but we are going to try lunch there during our next trip. I hear great things about it.

We didn't care for GFC, I would go to Kona Cafe for dinner instead. I know you are going there for breakfast as well, but Kona dinner is sooo good!

For your CS meal are you going to be at The Animal Kingdom? If you are I would go to Flame tree BBQ.

I have not been to WCC for dinner. Trying lunch there next trip, but I hear great things about WCC.

KEEP CHEFS!!!!!! It's so good!!!!!!! We love it there.

Kepp CP for breakfast, it's really good!

I like Cosmic Rays, CHH, and Pecos Bills..cosmic rays is my fav though! You get a varitety of things to choose from.

Another WCC "yuk" from me but we had the skillet and nothing else. Hopefully their Thanksgiving meal will be much better for you.

I really enjoyed lunch at LTT but I don't think I would ditch a CP breakfast for it.

I changed our Chefs dinner to lunch for our upcoming trip based on the recent bad dinner reviews. We loved our lunch there last year. Haven't had dinner there in a few years but we did enjoy our meal back then. I think if I were you I would give it a try But of course keep trying for Le Cellier! You never know what could happen!

Ok here is my 2 cents :lmao:

L - WPE @ DTD Awesome choice!
D - The Wave @ 7:10pm (Alice will be receiving her custom cake at this meal, since this is the place she really wants to eat at) We have been here twice and the food is fantastic! You will love it!

D - O'Hana @ 9:30pm - family pick (we do this time purposefully so that we can watch the EWP at 9 on the beach and then request a window seat for Wishes during our meal. The is just the best!) I really enjoyed this meal

L - Sci Fi @ 3:05pm - all the kids want to go here! OOP Another excellent choice!
D - 50's Prime Time @ 9:50pm I'm scared to death of CS at DHS We could absolutely eat in the room or use snack credits for BF, but what about dinner??? Should we hit the BW??? If so, where??? This is a great place to dine, it is super fun and the fried chicken is incredible!

L - Gardenview Tea Room @ 2pm for the girls Alice will be receiving her White Chocolate Glass Slipper dessert I ordered at the Tea. OOP The best experience ever
D - Kona Cafe @ 7:30pm - my pick Not really thrilled with this place but DH loved it

B- WPE Never been but I have heard it is awesome
L - Planet Hollywood @ 11:30am with our 2 $15 vouchers! Rest is OOP Been there a few times, dont really care for it.
D - Grand Floridian Cafe - my pick for a nice meal with lots of variety, but now I'm not so sure and I don't know why? We love this place! Great food!

Day 6 (Turkey Day!)
B - Tusker House @ 8am - Stitch's pick...she loves Donald OOP Havent been yet but I have heard the food is very good
L- CS @ I DON'T KNOW WHERE! HELP! I had orginally put Mara here, but they serve fried shrimp. This means they use the same oil to fry their shrimp as they do their chicken strips, fries, etc. And that's a BIG no no for Stitch now We actually could just skip it lunch today since we have the big buffet for BF and the AYCE Turkey Dinner at night. I would go to DTD for shopping at eat at WPE again
D - WCC @ 8:55pm - my DBFF swears by WCC and her and her family just LOVE it. Her and I have really similar palettes so I think this is a good choice. It's also what Nana picked too. No way would I eat here again, we ate here in Aug and the food was super greasy and fatty and ick and the server was a dud, no fun and games going on at lunch either

B - Kona Cafe @ 10am - I MUST HAVE TONGA TOAST this trip!!! OOP The best!
L - CS @ Epcot @ Sunshine Seasons Love the veggie cuban!
D - Chefs de France @ 8:50pm - chose this cuz of the Prixe Fixe menu so we could all have appitizer, entree, and desert. But now I'm second guessing! Thoughts??? Sorry but after our terrible meal here last month I would not go back to Chefs again...lunch yes but not dinner

B - Crystal Palace @ 8:10am - my pick for Stitch. OOP Our favorite!
L - CS @ MK - either CHH or Pecos Bills...this is where I'm thinking of putting LTT and ditching CP...THOUGHTS??? I would rather do CP for breakfast and CS at CHH for lunch
D - 1900 Park Fare @ 6:05pm - Stitch's pick Another place that you will never see us set foot in again, the food was just terrible

B - O'Hana @ 7:45am - Stitch's pick OOP Great way to end your vacation and you can get pressed pot coffee here

Okay here is my advice.

50s PTC cafe was good. I thought the food was good. It's a great place to go for people who have kids. If you want to head over to the BW area, I would try Captain's Grille. We have not been there, but we are going to try lunch there during our next trip. I hear great things about it.

We didn't care for GFC, I would go to Kona Cafe for dinner instead. I know you are going there for breakfast as well, but Kona dinner is sooo good!

For your CS meal are you going to be at The Animal Kingdom? If you are I would go to Flame tree BBQ.

I have not been to WCC for dinner. Trying lunch there next trip, but I hear great things about WCC.

KEEP CHEFS!!!!!! It's so good!!!!!!! We love it there.

Kepp CP for breakfast, it's really good!

I like Cosmic Rays, CHH, and Pecos Bills..cosmic rays is my fav though! You get a varitety of things to choose from.

Thank you ALL so much for your opinions!:hug: I have since cancelled Chefs de France for this trip. I still need to cancel one more...WHICH ONE???:confused3

Well....here they "almost" are...I'm sure they'll change again with only 11 days to go!

Day 1/Arrival Day
B - On the road
L - WPE @ DTD
D - The Wave @ 7:10pm

Day 2
B- In room or snacks from the resort
L - CS @ Epcot; definitely Tangeirine for me
D - O'Hana @ 9:30pm

Day 3
B - In room or resort snacks
L - Sci Fi @ 3:05pm - all the kids want to go here!
D - CS @ Earl of Sandwich:thumbsup2

Day 4
B - CS @ Main St Bakery
L - Gardenview Tea Room @ 2pm OOP
D - Kona Cafe @ 7:30pm

Day 5
B- WPE
L - Planet Hollywood @ 11:30am with our 2 $15 vouchers! Rest is OOP
D - Grand Floridian Cafe

Day 6 (Turkey Day!)
B - Tusker House @ 8am
L- CS @ AK or POR
D - WCC @ 8:55pm

Day 7
B - Kona Cafe @ 10am OOP
L - CS @ Epcot @ Sunshine Seasons
D - CS @ Epcot or MK if we hop

Day 8
B - Crystal Palace @ 8:10am OOP
L - CS @ MK - either CHH or Pecos Bills
D - 1900 Park Fare @ 6:05pm

Day 9
B - O'Hana @ 7:45am - Stitch's pick OOP

Wow... I didn't realize you were double reporting...But I am here now. Glad you didn't cancel your WCC... You'll be my first ever Dismeet if I see you! :thumbsup2 Have you seen what they had last year on Turkey Day? It is pretty standard fare and hard to mess up. Besides, with all you care to drink milkshakes... you won't leave empty. :lmao::lmao:

whisperingcanyonthanksmenu.jpg

Hiya! Joining in! Sounds like a great trip in the works, can't wait to see how it goes! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter