We're back from filming the DVC commercial

PalVal

Mouseketeer
As reported earlier, my family of nine (2 grown children and their spouses, 3 grandchildren, (aged 5 1/2, 5, and 2 1/2), DH and myself) was the "family reunion/grandparent -empty nest" that was chosen for the new ½ hour DVC commercial to be aired in August on the Travel Channel, ABC Family and HGTV. While there was a certain amount of stress involved, (not knowing what was going to happen during the interviews) it turned out to be one of the most amazing experiences of my life! I have so much to share. It was like being in a dream. I'll try to explain without going on for too long...

We were originally scheduled to stay at BWVs for 8 nights. Just before departure, we were contacted that DVC would be refunding our points for the last 4 nights at BWVs and moving us to a grand villa at BLT for the last 4 nights of our stay (all complimentary). They wanted to film our interviews at the grand villa on one of the two days that we were scheduled to be with the film crew. They also gave us monetary gift cards and 3-day park hoppers. (One day was to be used during our filming in the park day). This was their way to thank us for giving up 2 days of our vacation to film. Sweet!!

We were moved to room 8416 on the 14th floor facing the Magic Kingdom. It was amazing! The view of the fireworks from each room in the villa was unbelievable. Add to that the “piped in music” from channel 20, a glass of wine, and we were in heaven.

Our first day with the film crew began with “make-up” for our entire family. It didn’t amount to much, as the women in my family already applied their own. It was hysterical to see the men sit for “cover-up” and powder however.

The first thing they had us do was walk in to Magic Kingdom as a family and react as we usually do when we go. We always have a group hug at the Main Street hub.

Then we had a private meet and greet with Cinderella in the Rose Garden where they took family photos. I then presented my 5 year old granddaughter with her birthday gift (my 54 year old Cinderella watch). It was very sweet because I had it placed in a jewelry box that needed a key to open. I gave her the key and explained the story of how I got the watch when I was 5 from my mother (her great grandmother). Cinderella participated and told me she remembered how much I loved that watch. There was more to the story, but you get the drift…it was very special!

We then moved on to the tea-cup ride where the camera man got in the cup with me and my two 5-year old granddaughters. I can only imagine what those “close-up” shots look like! Everyone in the family rode along next to us. It was so much fun that I didn’t even remember the camera guy was there!

After the ride they gave the kids snacks and everyone drinks. The film crew was about 10-12 people. I can’t remember for sure, but it was quite a group moving along side of us. They couldn’t be nicer or more accommodating. They even shaded us with umbrellas! I felt like a movie star! So funny…

We then rode the carousal 5 times! Apparently we didn’t do too well on that one! I had to start a smile contest with the kids just to get us off!

Then it was back to the Rose Garden for another surprise for my grandchildren. We were asked to distract the kids by looking toward Tomorrow land while they worked on something. When we were told to turn around, Mickey and Minnie were standing in the garden with us! My granddaughters ran full steam ahead into their arms. It was the sweetest thing I ever saw. Then they danced and twirled around with them. It couldn’t have been more perfect. My 2 ½ year old grandson was kind of slow warming up, but within a few minutes he was kissing Mickey’s nose.

Then it was time for lunch…
(I’ll finish day 1 afternoon filming story tomorrow) If you have any questions I’d be happy to answer…

Congratulations on such a wonderful once-in-a-lifetime experience! Let us know how the rest of the shoot/trip goes.

What an amazing experience. Your dgd must have been thrilled to have received such an important family heirloom. Can't wait to hear the rest.

The experiences you've already shared sound absolutely magical - what fun memories! Looking forward to hearing more (and seeing your family on the show!)

Congratulations on getting to do such a marvelous thing (do you get a SAG card now?) -- It will be fun to see you on the show in August. Make the story as long as you can -- we'll enjoy hearing all the details.

Thanks for the details - looking forward to your next installment! :)

Your entire post brought a smile to my face!

What a wonderful experience!

Can't wait to hear more ...

Wow - How exciting for all of you. Thank you so much for sharing it all with us. I am loving it and looking forward to the next installment myself :)

SO Cool! Can't wait to hear more? Do you have a picture of your family so we can get a mental image? Did they tell you when it would air? How exciting! The 2 bedroom villa sounds AMAZING, the watch story was precious.
Lesley

I'm looking forward to reading more, and to seeing the commercial!

Bobbi:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter