We're Back

DisneyLisa

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
We got back on Sunday but I've been too "depressed" ;) to post. I really didn't want to leave...it's the first time I've felt like that. We had a great time and were going every minute of the day so I didn't have time to post at all during our trip. I dragged my laptop with me but really didn't use it except to check my e-mail.

We arrived on Friday night and all day Saturday (DD's birthday) she kept asking to buy a Pal Mickey. She has a part-time job now so she had lots of spending money with her. I kept putting her off & said we'd get one on Sunday. First thing Saturday morning we had gone to Kona Cafe for breakfast and then to DowntownDisney so I could do some birthday shopping. Of course I had secretly purchased a Pal Mickey there for her so I had to keep putting her off. When we left our room Saturday afternoon to head to MK, they went ahead while I "went to the bathroom one last time". ;) I hurried and put all the gifts out that I had bought (as well as the ones Julie (TimnDansMom) had purchased a few weeks earlier for me...thanks Julie) and left a nice spot for the gift basket I had ordered from the WDW Florist (which was to be delivered after 4pm). Off we went to our PS at CP for 4:30pm. The waitress at CP was so great. She timed presenting DD's birthday cake for the same time Tigger was approaching our table (for the 2nd time)...so I was able to get pictures of DD, Tigger & her birthday cake. It was so perfect. After dinner we got a curbside seat on Main Street in front of the Bakery and watched the parade...great view and I got some wonderful pictures. After that we watched WISHES...it was beautiful.

When we got back to our room, we let DD go in first and it was so funny. She walked in & said "Oh look...you can buy Pal Mickey & all kinds of things right here in the room". I was confused at her reaction until I realized that at the Deluxe Resorts they always have mugs, toys, candy etc. displayed that you can buy, so she just assumed that was what it was. I told her to look again. Then she saw that it was a "little more" than what the Deluxes offer and realized it was all for her. I can't believe I was able to pull all this off without her knowing but I guess she was just so excited to be at WDW that she was oblivious to what was going on around her. I could never have pulled it off at home...she clues into everything here.

Anyway, we had a fabulous trip, crowds were reasonable, there was not a drop of rain (well maybe one night but we're not sure if it was rain or the sprinkler system), temperatures were in the mid 80s, we saw all the shows, parades & fireworks, toured almost every resort, ate too much food (including a few too many Mickey Bars ;)) and can't wait to go back. :)

I won't bore you all with any more details but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! It's so nice when plans work out. I'm glad that your DD had such a great birthday.

Happy to hear that you had a great time too!! Wasn't the weather great!! We couldn't believe that it was so warm and no rain.

You will have a blast on the cruise. We've already booked our second.

Welcome back, (again ;) ), Susan! I'm depressed about being back too....you know what that means, don't you! ;) :p

I'm glad you had a great time. This post-WDW depression has hit me really hard this time too...I'm having a hard time getting to reports....so I'll have to wait to relive it through yours.

Wendy

Glad everything went well and Magical!

Can I join the "I have the Post Disney Blues" Club!

Did they put something in the Water?!?:tongue:

Scratch
pirate:

Did they put something in the Water?!?
They must have...I've never been like this before...I feel so terrible. Julie says she feels it too. I usually come home looking forward to returning again "some day"...this time I want to go back NOW!!!

2nd DS just informed me last night that he'd like to go to an out-of-town University in September (he was planning on going to Carleton) & 1st DS is already at WLU...DD also decided while at WDW that she wants to go to Sheridan College (she'd been "mumbling" about it but after talking with an animator at WDW she's convinced now...I was hoping she'd go to a local College)...there goes all of our money for the next 6 years. :eek: How am I going to get my Disney fix? :)

I think it was in the air as well, Janet! ;) Aren't you all glad we have this Disney support group! Reading Delswife's trip reports has been very therapeutic too! ;)

Susan, I'll be standing with my suitcase at the 401 and Highway 2, ready for you to pick me up as you drive by! ;)

Welcome home. Sounds like everyone had a great time. I am with everyone else on the post depression issue. Usually after a trip I am good for most of the year, but I just told DH i want to go back for Christmas. Isn't going to happen but I can dream.

Glad everything worked out so well Susan. How did you and dd like CS?

but it can't happen until SSR Officially Opens!

;)

Scratch
:hyper: pirate:

Originally posted by TimNDansMom
Susan, I'll be standing with my suitcase at the 401 and Highway 2, ready for you to pick me up as you drive by! ;)
OK...I'll be there in 6 hours. ;) :Pinkbounc

Ok the depression bus is heading for Disney...who's coming? ;) Janet...you in? Anyone else? Remember our previous thread...don't forget your princess dresses everyone. ;)

I'm already packed and ready, Susan. I just washed all my clothes and put them back in my suitcase from this past trip. I've got my tiara too!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Welcome back Susan and Lisa...
I am so glad that you had a great time and are still full of the Disney joy. Sorry I didn't get a chance to call before you left on your trip but I will call soon. How was the shopping? Did you bring back any special souvenirs? Tell all, we are waiting to hear!!
Wenabre

Just look for the person with the Tiara and Mickey Umbrella by the side of the 401 by the Airport!

Rollin, Rollin, Rollin!

:jumping1:

Scratch
pirate:

I haven't finished unpacking yet so I'll just close up the suitcases and be waiting!

Would love to go back at Christmas but it isn't going to happen.

So Janet when SSR opens how much company do you want??

Yup, you can't miss us, Susan! ;)

Oh and yes, Janet, we all want to help you celebrate your first DVC stay! ;) When did you say the week long party was? :Pinkbounc

is get a poll started to see when everybody wants to go!

I'll have to do that tonight, I really should not be here right now, but you know how it is!LOL

Disney Pleasure before Work!

Scratch
pirate:

Welcome back, Susan!! :) Glad everything went so well!

I'm thinking you guys should rent one of those 10-passenger vans. :smooth: :p :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter