We're Doing Disney Again Someday...Plus One! ~ Come Read my Trip Report!!!

I brought DS's nightlight and put it in our room. He sleeps with a nightlight at home so I wanted to recreate his environment at the hotel, and it worked out nicely!

She looks so big at breakfast! I just recently bought those sippy cups, like 2 days ago. We've been trying for a while to slowly wean him from the bottle - removing his mid-day bottle with a sippy cup but it just wasn't working. So I buckled down on Friday and decided since it was a three day weekend for DH, that there would be no bottles at all. Just TODAY, he started actually drinking milk from the sippy cups normally! :cool1: On Saturday and Sunday, he would take sips and throw them. So he really didn't have much milk on Sat and Sunday, maybe 5 ounces total, which sounds terrible but he also had water sippy cups too. Tonight, I threw all his bottles away! (I kept a couple as keepsakes - i'm sentimental that way:upsidedow)

Thanks for the tip on the snacks in the regular food section. He really enjoys the yogurt melts, so I'll check those out when I go to Target tomorrow.:thumbsup2

I love Dug's morning pic! :rotfl2:

Aww, that's sweet that she was carrying around a picture of you :goodvibes

Don't worry, i won't give you the lecture on DVC and how absolutely amazing and spacious it can be :rolleyes1:rotfl: The room is very nice though! Great upgrade:thumbsup2

I've always heard great things about that water park! Would love to visit someday!

Thanks for sharing your Do's and Don'ts with us. I definitely have similar ones!

Well, the reason for taking the weekend trip to WI is unfortunate, I'm glad you were able to get a test run in with Dug Baby. Don't you learn a lot on those? :thumbsup2
Yes, I am so glad we had a chance to take a little out-of-town trip before Disney! I think it was really valuable.

I agree that little ones tend to wake up more often when they can see you and it's really dark; hopefully after a few nights Dug Baby will get into a routine at Disney and sleep well.
I sure hope so. I hope we can configure our Poly room well with the Pack 'n' Play.

Bringing some nutritional snacks along is a great idea. If anything it will prevent their stomachs from getting upset over all the different foods. And these freeze dried mixed veggies from Target sound fantastic! Thanks for going into detail as to what Dug Baby ate, because I'm making a Target run today and might have to check those out. They sound like they'd be convenient to carry for meals at Disney.
I think I'll feel better if I have at least one fruit and/or veggie option with me for each meal. I know we'll be able to get some at our meals, but having our own on hand will make me feel better.

I had to laugh at the dinner break portion of your trip. As a mom, it sounded wonderful! Even when the babies are napping/asleep, you still have to keep one ear peeled to the monitor, so I bet that break was very relaxing. I would have been eating the last few bites of my food super slow, dragging the break out. :lmao:
Exactly! I was eating pretty slow by the end. And not just because I was stuffed from the burrito bowl! :rotfl: It's the simple pleasures...

How was Dug Baby the following days after you returned home? I'm curious to see how the temporary change does to their normal routine.
I think she was very happy to be home and sleep in her own crib and her own room. She fell back into her regular routine pretty much right away. So, no long-term changes, I guess.

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!
My mom, Caden and I just went to visit my brother at college and had the worst night in a year with him in the room with us! Oh man! Not fun.
We have a trip to Chicago planned for the weekend before Christmas just Andrew, Caden, and I. But we'll have a suite and I'm hoping that solves the bad night issue. Your mini TR makes me excited for our trip!
I sure hope being in a suite in Chicago helps Caden sleep! What are you doing in Chicago?

I can't believe you haven't done the back carry in the ergo!! I guess dug baby is a lot smaller than Caden was at that age but I had him on my back from about 8 or 9 months on. He likes it cause he can see better and I like it cause I can use my hands more without reaching around a baby. I find it way more comfortable too. Try it!! Lol
Yes, I should try it. I'm thinking I might this weekend. We're probably going to a wine tasting thing and I'd rather keep her away from the wine glasses, so that might work. I need to try it out. By the way, she is still fairly small. Just was at the doctor today and she weighed in at 20 pounds 12 oz. (at nearly 14 months).

On a related note, I had to pack up the ergo yesterday. I wore him in a store for 10-15 min and just about died. So heavy. I cried on the way home. So sad to put it away. We had a lot of adventures together in that thing. :( so enjoy the time while you have it. I'm gonna miss the cuddles.
Aw.... :sad1: How big is he these days? I thought people used Ergos well into toddlerhood, but I may be way off. I hope you can still get in some good cuddles with him.

I brought DS's nightlight and put it in our room. He sleeps with a nightlight at home so I wanted to recreate his environment at the hotel, and it worked out nicely!
I'm glad it worked out well. She doesn't have a nightlight at home, but I think she gets a fair amount of ambient light making it's way in there; I'm not sure. She definitely seemed much happier with a trail of light from the bathroom coming into our hotel room.

She looks so big at breakfast! I just recently bought those sippy cups, like 2 days ago. We've been trying for a while to slowly wean him from the bottle - removing his mid-day bottle with a sippy cup but it just wasn't working. So I buckled down on Friday and decided since it was a three day weekend for DH, that there would be no bottles at all. Just TODAY, he started actually drinking milk from the sippy cups normally! :cool1: On Saturday and Sunday, he would take sips and throw them. So he really didn't have much milk on Sat and Sunday, maybe 5 ounces total, which sounds terrible but he also had water sippy cups too. Tonight, I threw all his bottles away! (I kept a couple as keepsakes - i'm sentimental that way:upsidedow)
Congrats! :thumbsup2 We did something similar, actually. She was still getting bottles (of thawed breastmilk, since I stopped pumping) at daycare before we went to Wisconsin. While we were gone, we only gave her sippies of milk during the day and nursed at night/morning. And she did just fine and didn't seem upset without bottles at all (which was a relief...I was afraid that she was pretty attached to them). Since our pediatrician wanted her to be off of bottles and onto sippies by 15 months, I figured why go back to bottles and then take them away again soon? So, when we got back, we just asked our daycare person to start putting the thawed milk into sippies and only use the bottle if needed. Well, she hasn't needed the bottle at all and has been doing fine with the sippies. Since we just ran out of frozen milk, she's on all whole milk now and still doing fine. We had been giving her whole milk sippies at dinner for a while now, so it wasn't totally new to her, but I'm glad that she's taking them well at daycare. I'm glad that Calvin adapted well too! You're braver than me, throwing out the bottles. I just packed them all away the other day. These babies are just growing up so fast!

Thanks for the tip on the snacks in the regular food section. He really enjoys the yogurt melts, so I'll check those out when I go to Target tomorrow.:thumbsup2
You're welcome! I like those smoothie bites, since they combine real fruit and the yogurt melts. Dug Baby usually eats all the yogurt melts first, then cleans up the fruit.

I love Dug's morning pic! :rotfl2:
:rotfl2: I'm surprised he said I could post that. It was pretty hilarious, though!

Aww, that's sweet that she was carrying around a picture of you :goodvibes
I loved that. I wonder if she recognized me. It was pretty cute.

Don't worry, i won't give you the lecture on DVC and how absolutely amazing and spacious it can be :rolleyes1:rotfl: The room is very nice though! Great upgrade:thumbsup2
Oh, I don't doubt that DVC rooms are great for families. We just can't justify them for the way we travel and the way we spend money. Trust me, we've tried, and the math doesn't work for us. Even with the Poly now building DVC (though tempting...) I loved our Kalahari suite, though!

I've always heard great things about that water park! Would love to visit someday!
It was fun. It didn't blow me away, though. I grew up going to Noah's Ark (outdoor waterpark) in the Dells and this didn't seem any more impressive than that. Of course, we just stuck to the kiddie section, so maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks for sharing your Do's and Don'ts with us. I definitely have similar ones!
I bet you do. I wanted to write it down more for myself than anything. Don't trust my memory much these days.

Haha 20 lbs! Caden was 20lbs at ...umm 9months maybe? He was 23 lbs at a year (I know cause I have a stat poster from his birthday hanging in his room) and he's 27 lbs now. But he's always been a big baby. Almost 10lbs at birth. So he had a head start. ;)

I think the ergo is officially supposed to grow til toddler but the babywearing info I have found says that once the seat isn't going from knee to knee that it's not providing as much support anymore.
At that point if you REALLY want comfort and ease of carrying you'll need a a toddler size "Tula" carrier *shrug* lol. I don't carry him much now that he can walk. So I won't be spending $200 more on a toddler carrier to wear him in the grocery store once every other month or so. We just do the stroller for outings now!

I think that most average size babies can last longer in the ergo. Dug baby will likely be fine for quite a while. Haha if she's 21ish lbs now she's still probably got 6-9 more months before she's even close to his size. So she'd be 2 before she'll be feeling too big for it.

Oh and we're going to Chicago cause the last 2 months have been he|| on our relationship and life cause Andrew has been working side jobs just about every single night and 1 or both weekend days for the last 2 months. I've basically been a single mother and it has NOT been fun! Lol
But they're finally done and we decided to plan a Chicago trip to have some family time and reconnect. And to give me something to look forward to cause I was in a serious emotional slump. The trip planning has helped a lot.
We tried to do some Disney math but driving the 5 hrs to Chicago for the weekend was 1/3 the cost of the very cheapest Disney trip we could come up with. Lol. And I really would rather wait til Caden was a little older cause we'll be waiting another 3yrs or so between trips. So a spur of the moment trip this year would have meant canceling our trip next year. And I'd rather save for another year and be able to do it the way I want instead of super cheap and super short.

Haha 20 lbs! Caden was 20lbs at ...umm 9months maybe? He was 23 lbs at a year (I know cause I have a stat poster from his birthday hanging in his room) and he's 27 lbs now. But he's always been a big baby. Almost 10lbs at birth. So he had a head start. ;)
Yeah, I forgot how big he was at birth! Dug Baby was 8lb 8oz, which was pretty big, but not even close to Caden!

I think the ergo is officially supposed to grow til toddler but the babywearing info I have found says that once the seat isn't going from knee to knee that it's not providing as much support anymore.
At that point if you REALLY want comfort and ease of carrying you'll need a a toddler size "Tula" carrier *shrug* lol. I don't carry him much now that he can walk. So I won't be spending $200 more on a toddler carrier to wear him in the grocery store once every other month or so. We just do the stroller for outings now!
Good to know! I just ran across the box for our Ergo today and it said it went up to, I think, 40 or 45 pounds! Yikes! We mostly use the stroller for outings too. I use the Ergo more for variety...if she wants to be held and is tired of the stroller. Or if we're somewhere not very stroller-friendly.

Oh and we're going to Chicago cause the last 2 months have been he|| on our relationship and life cause Andrew has been working side jobs just about every single night and 1 or both weekend days for the last 2 months. I've basically been a single mother and it has NOT been fun! Lol
Sounds rough! It's hard to be the only one without another parent to help with a little one! You deserve a vacation! :goodvibes

But they're finally done and we decided to plan a Chicago trip to have some family time and reconnect. And to give me something to look forward to cause I was in a serious emotional slump. The trip planning has helped a lot.
We tried to do some Disney math but driving the 5 hrs to Chicago for the weekend was 1/3 the cost of the very cheapest Disney trip we could come up with. Lol. And I really would rather wait til Caden was a little older cause we'll be waiting another 3yrs or so between trips. So a spur of the moment trip this year would have meant canceling our trip next year. And I'd rather save for another year and be able to do it the way I want instead of super cheap and super short.
I bet Chicago will be nice right before Christmas. I've been there for conferences in the past, but have never really gotten to explore very much. I bet there's a ton of cool stuff to do! I hope you'll share pics or a TR! Have fun!

Just saw that my ticker is showing 3 weeks and 2 days! :eek: Wow, this trip is coming up so quick now! I'm excited, but feel like I have so much to do first!

But, here's a random update on Disney things:

We got our Magic Bands the other day!

Very cool! It will be fun to try them out and have a new Disney experience. We also got our Magical Express luggage tags.

In other news, we finally did our first Disney Movie Theme Night! :cool1: It was not terribly detailed, like some do, but it was fun. It was a little spontaneous. I was reading a PTR that did a Three Cabelleros night and we were already planning a Mexican meal. And we have plushes of the characters. So, why not?

We had a yummy recipe that we hadn't pulled out for a while: White Chicken Green Chile Enchiladas:

Mmmm, so good!

We wanted to have margaritas with this meal, but we didn't have a chance to pick anything up in the days beforehand. We did this meal on Sunday and MN stores are not allowed to sell alcohol on Sundays. So, I had to improvise (see "ingredients" behind the pitcher):

A few cans of pop and some crushed ice and cool glasses...not bad! :thumbsup2

The whole spread, including chips with salsa and sour cream and mixed veggies/black beans (and, of course, Donald and friends):

Dug Baby enjoyed the movie and the meal (yes, we still have her birthday banner up...I just can't bear to take it down!):

We discovered that she particularly loves sour cream:

She was demanding chip after sour-cream-loaded chip. Silly girl.

The movie was...interesting. Strange, but also definitely reminded us of the attraction at Epcot. I wished I'd thought to wash our Mexican-style blanket so we could have pretended it was a flying carpet, like in the movie/ride.

Instead, our activity portion of the event was Dug Baby getting to play with her new boat in the bath. Since it's a boat ride and all... :confused3

And, just because I saw the picture and it's funny, between dinner and bath, I was loading more diapers into her drawer and turned my back for one second, then saw this:

:rotfl2::lmao:

Anyway, it was a successful movie theme night, I guess. Dug really enjoyed it too.

Next cool recent thing is that we finally got Dug Baby some shoes, since she is walking pretty good these days. We had to order them, since the store was out of stock, but they arrived quickly and are perfect. We got a pair of Minnie Mouse shoes that she fits in now and should be able to wear for our trip. And we got another (non-Disney) pair that she should fit in within the next few months. And I'm thinking I'll bring them to Disney as a spare. Here she is opening them up:

And here are the best shots I could capture of the Minnie shoes on her active little feet. Notice the hidden Mickeys on the bottom, by the way:

She seems super comfortable in them and I think they'll be great in WDW!

And, finally, some long-awaited news: we got Fast Pass+ reservations for our Be Our Guest lunch! :cool1: I saw last night that some people on the DIS were getting them for December, so Dug logged on and we are now reserved, right in the time frame we were hoping for! We've already ordered and even got Dug Baby her own meal (Mickey meatloaf with veggies...we thought she'd love the veggies). Can't wait to see that place! :woohoo:

I'm glad you got a chance to do a mini trip before your big trip and learned a lot about how Dug baby will do on your trip!

Cute disney theme night! We plan on doing them when Gavin gets older. We have the same spout cover for our tub, although the Nemo is not attached. Gavin has been playing with the Nemo squirt toy since he was old enough to hold on to it. It's in the tub every night. It even went to Disney with us!

I LOVE Dug baby's Minnie shoes! We didn't get Gavin his first pair of shoes until a few days after his first birthday. That was mainly because we got sick of everyone asking where his shoes was. He couldn't walk for crying out loud! He actually just started walking at the beginning of November. He can walk a pretty good distance when encouraged, he just chooses not to lol (which is driving the grandparents crazy... we aren't pushing him, he will do it when he's ready!) We had trouble finding him shoes that fit since he needed wide width. We ended up finding a pair at Payless. We don't have a stride rite, but I have a bunch of stride rite shoes in my cart on amazon, we're going to order Gavin a pair in the next size as soon as I can decide which ones I want. Is the quality good? They look like good sturdy comfortable shoes which is why I want a pair for him.

Your trip is sooooo sooon!!! :yay:

Oh my goodness! 3 ish weeks?!? So exciting!!

I love her face behind the magic band box. Lol

Why do you have 3 bands?

Love love love the shoes!! So cute!! I keep wanting to get Caden a pair of stride rite but I love baby converse (so he matches mommy) so that's what I keep getting him. Lol

I think I shall start my PTR in the next few days and put in my Chicago planning too. I'm super excited for it and have some stuff planned that I know Caden will love!

And yeah, we mostly used the stroller for outings and just used the ergo for times when the stroller was going to be a pain, sometimes if he was crabby and I knew a grocery trip was going to be no fun if he was sitting in the cart, and mostly while running my Christmas festival last year (which I'm not doing this year! Yay! Stress level is at a 1 or 2 instead of a 11 or 12. Lol). It's just a handy thing to have as an option! I was really hoping we could use it occasionally at Disney next year but I'm not seeing that happening. Lol.

DD is just too cute! :cutie:

So jealous your trip is so close... love the box the Magic Bands are mailed in! I ordered ours this week for January - we have to pick them up at check-in though as they don't ship internationally.

That's interesting about MN not selling alcohol on Sundays! I remember being on holiday in Virginia with my family and we weren't able to buy any wine in the supermarket.. it's fun how each state has different rules :goodvibes

Emma princess: x

Sounds like a fun movie night! The 3 Cabelleros isn't a film I see a lot of people do, so that was a pretty cool choice. And easy to find a meal to theme it with!

What kid doesn't love sour cream? :confused3:rotfl2:

Shoes were probably a smart idea for Dug Baby on her trip. Help with walking, keeping feet warm, and hopefully warding off some of the nastiness that inhabits the Disney floors. :rotfl: Plus, they look adorable! Love the bow on top.

I'm glad you got a chance to do a mini trip before your big trip and learned a lot about how Dug baby will do on your trip!
Thanks. Yeah, it was very helpful!

Cute disney theme night! We plan on doing them when Gavin gets older. We have the same spout cover for our tub, although the Nemo is not attached. Gavin has been playing with the Nemo squirt toy since he was old enough to hold on to it. It's in the tub every night. It even went to Disney with us!
I always had intentions of doing some Disney theme nights before this trip, but most nights just having any dinner at all is an accomplishment, not to mention a well-themed one! :rotfl: Does your spout cover fit? Ours is stretched so much that I'm afraid it will never come off! Dug Baby likes Nemo okay, but isn't terribly attached to it. I put it back on top of the spout after a bath and she usually will take it down again at some point.

I LOVE Dug baby's Minnie shoes! We didn't get Gavin his first pair of shoes until a few days after his first birthday. That was mainly because we got sick of everyone asking where his shoes was. He couldn't walk for crying out loud! He actually just started walking at the beginning of November. He can walk a pretty good distance when encouraged, he just chooses not to lol (which is driving the grandparents crazy... we aren't pushing him, he will do it when he's ready!) We had trouble finding him shoes that fit since he needed wide width. We ended up finding a pair at Payless. We don't have a stride rite, but I have a bunch of stride rite shoes in my cart on amazon, we're going to order Gavin a pair in the next size as soon as I can decide which ones I want. Is the quality good? They look like good sturdy comfortable shoes which is why I want a pair for him.

Your trip is sooooo sooon!!! :yay:
Oh, yeah, we have the grandparents that push baby to do things too! We held off on shoes until she was walking on her own too. Nobody really asked us about shoes, though...maybe because we often had her wearing socks that look like shoes! I'm sure Gavin will take off when he's ready. We needed wide width too, by the way. I didn't realize they sold them on Amazon - not a bad deal (we got ours with Stride Rite's BOGO 50% off sale). They seem really good quality so far and she likes wearing them. I've heard good things about them from others too. And they have a nice, flexible sole for new walkers.

The trip is SO soon. Can't believe it!

Oh my goodness! 3 ish weeks?!? So exciting!!

I love her face behind the magic band box. Lol
I thought that was funny too! She doesn't know what to make of them!

Why do you have 3 bands?
Despite not needing a ticket, Dug Baby gets her own band.

Love love love the shoes!! So cute!! I keep wanting to get Caden a pair of stride rite but I love baby converse (so he matches mommy) so that's what I keep getting him. Lol
I bet those are cute!

I think I shall start my PTR in the next few days and put in my Chicago planning too. I'm super excited for it and have some stuff planned that I know Caden will love!
I'm excited to follow along! :goodvibes

And yeah, we mostly used the stroller for outings and just used the ergo for times when the stroller was going to be a pain, sometimes if he was crabby and I knew a grocery trip was going to be no fun if he was sitting in the cart, and mostly while running my Christmas festival last year (which I'm not doing this year! Yay! Stress level is at a 1 or 2 instead of a 11 or 12. Lol). It's just a handy thing to have as an option! I was really hoping we could use it occasionally at Disney next year but I'm not seeing that happening. Lol.
Ah, you've got some time to do some weight training. :rotfl2: I'm glad you have the lower stress level this year, by the way.

DD is just too cute! :cutie:
Aw, thank you!

So jealous your trip is so close... love the box the Magic Bands are mailed in! I ordered ours this week for January - we have to pick them up at check-in though as they don't ship internationally.
I had no idea they didn't ship them internationally. That's too bad! Your trip's not too far off either!

That's interesting about MN not selling alcohol on Sundays! I remember being on holiday in Virginia with my family and we weren't able to buy any wine in the supermarket.. it's fun how each state has different rules :goodvibes
Yeah, MN is weird that way. We also can't buy wine in the supermarket. There are some grocery stores around here that have attached liquor stores for that reason. Just tonight, we were at Trader Joe's, which has two separate entrances - one for groceries and one for alcohol (we got both! :thumbsup2)

Sounds like a fun movie night! The 3 Cabelleros isn't a film I see a lot of people do, so that was a pretty cool choice. And easy to find a meal to theme it with!
Exactly! I never would have thought of it if I hadn't just read about one. And it worked out good that we just happened to have the plushes from it. And yay for easy! That's really the only reason it happened.

What kid doesn't love sour cream? :confused3:rotfl2:
At least it gets her some dairy, I guess? :confused3:rotfl2:

Shoes were probably a smart idea for Dug Baby on her trip. Help with walking, keeping feet warm, and hopefully warding off some of the nastiness that inhabits the Disney floors. :rotfl: Plus, they look adorable! Love the bow on top.
Exactly! Yes, the bow is so cute and the best part is that it's covering the velcro...so easy on and off too! :thumbsup2

Okay, so this may prove to be overly-ambitious of me, but for the next week I'm hoping to post once per day. The posts being about what we will be doing 3 weeks from that very day. Three weeks from today is the first day of our trip!

Before I get to that, though, we just found out that we will be in New York in April for Dug's brother's wedding. We'll be at a resort about 2.5 hours from NYC, but would like to tack on some time before or after to see the sights. Dug was in NYC once for 12 hours and had a marathon sight-seeing adventure, but I have never been there (and, obviously, neither has Dug Baby). Dug has some ideas of what he wants to see, but I'm a pretty blank canvas. And we have no idea where to stay. We need to look at our budget (not lavish! :rotfl:) and figure out how long we can stay, but if anyone out there has any suggestions of NYC must-do's or where to stay, please let me know! :goodvibes

On with the show!

Three weeks from today, we'll hopefully already be mostly packed and getting a good night's sleep, after having worked a normal day on Friday.

I have us getting up at 7am (versus my normal pre-5am!) We'll get ready and pack up the last-minute things. Hopefully Dug Baby will stay asleep during that. Or at least play happily in her crib.

Around 8am, she'll probably be up and ready for fun. Part of what I'm attempting to organize with these posts is her Disney wardrobe. So, that will be the pictures I post. I'm thinking that she'll wear the top shirt in the picture, plus some jeans, for travel:

After getting her ready, we'll have to pack the last-minute things from her nursery and she can play for a little bit.

The goal is to be ready for breakfast around 9am. There's a little wiggle-room in there, though, since I learned that we are not good at being ready on time. If we are on time, we can have a nice, leisurely breakfast. If not, we can grab something quick and go. As long as Dug Baby eats, we'll be good! :thumbsup2

Around 10am, we'll put the necessary winter attire on her:

At least the jacket (if not her heavier winter jacket) and Minnie hat and mittens as needed. And, of course, the Minnie shoes:

I should note that we also have a spare hoodie we're bringing that is Oswald the Rabbit (early Disney) themed:

We'll drive across town to Dug's sister's house, since they live near the airport. She and/or her husband will accompany us to the airport, then drive our car back to their place to sit in the driveway for a week. They are awesome! :thumbsup2

We're hoping to arrive at the airport around 11am.

We'll check two bags for free because we're flying Delta and we have their AmEx (one bag each is a perk of it). We called and found out that Dug Baby does NOT get a free bag, though, so that will make packing more challenging. We are not traveling with a car seat, as there will not be a seat for Dug Baby on the plane and we won't be renting a car. So, it will just be the stroller, diaper bag, and probably a couple carry-on rollers, as I doubt we'll fit everything in the checked luggage (diapers and other baby items will take a fair amount of room, unless we ship them down...yet to be determined). I'll also have the Ergo carrier either tucked into the stroller pocket or I'll be wearing her in it.

Once we get through security, we'll hopefully have time for lunch. Not sure what we'll have. Depends what airport food we're close to, I guess. I'm thinking I'll also buy some milk to fill Dug Baby's sippy cup for the flight. Or maybe we'll just do water...I don't know. So many things to decide with a baby!

After lunch, we'll get to our gate and get ready to board. I'm thinking that one of us will take Dug Baby for a diaper change shortly before boarding. The other person will board early (another Delta AmEx perk) and get our luggage and seating situated. Does anyone know...if we have two carry-on roller bags, can one person bring both of them on? Or are they limited to one?

Luckily, our seats should be together. We checked a week or two ago and they were a couple rows apart, but Dug called and talked to the right people and got them changed. I believe we are close to the back on both flights (which I've heard is good for white noise for babies, so I'm okay with that) and both flights are pretty full and someone will be using the third seat in our row, so we'll have a lap baby.

Towards the end of boarding, the person who stayed back with Dug Baby will board. Hopefully she'll have run around a bit and worn herself out in the airport. Our flight is scheduled to leave at 1:05pm. She normally goes down for a 2-hour nap around noon or so (sometimes later) and will probably be ready to sleep. If not, we'll have a window seat, so maybe she will like the view. And we'll bring some new toys and such to play with. Our pediatrician recommended Play Doh, so I picked some up in the dollar section of Target today. I also picked up a small slinky (she likes the one the in-laws have) and some glow bracelets (for the park and/or stroller at night). Dr. also recommended post-its to play with, but I didn't get those yet. I also have a "color with water" Minnie Mouse book I picked up on clearance, but realized later it has no water pen with it (guess that's why it was on clearance). Anyone familiar with these? Would she even like it at her age? And, if so, should I buy another to get the pen or is there a reasonable substitute we can use on a plane? I'm sure I'll pick up some other toys in the next three weeks. Any particular recommendations? Also, I'll plan to have snacks and a sippy cup and pacifier available for Dug Baby. Of course, I am hoping she gets her nap in during the flight. Which will be interesting, since it will have to be in-arms, which she hasn't done in quite a long time. Possibly in the Ergo, since I'll bring it on board too.

Oh, I should also mention, when we saw the doctor the other day, she said that Dug Baby still had some fluid in her ears from the cold she's had. Nothing concerning and it should go away. When I asked her if it would be a problem when we flew, she recommended we give Dug Baby some ibuprofen about a half hour before the flight. Hoping that will be okay and she won't have any problems.

After what is hopefully a good flight without meltdowns or diaper changes (pixiedust:), we're scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 5:13pm (4:13pm MN time, so about a 3 hour flight).

After disembarking, I would imagine a diaper change will be in order. One person will do that and the other will collect the gate-checked stroller, most likely. Then we'll make our way towards the Magical Express.

As of the 3-weeks-out-throw-a-dart-accuracy forecast on accuweather, this day will be a high of 78, low of 60, and "some sun with a shower". If it's warm, we may change Dug Baby into this Minnie dress (modeled by creepy old doll):

We'll hopefully arrive at the Poly by 6:30pm. Check in and see if we got our room request (Samoa, 1st floor, King bed, facing quiet pool). Get a First Visit pin for Dug Baby, I suppose. Go to our room and unpack. Not sure if we'll have the Magical Express checked bags yet, so we'll have to make sure any necessities are in a carry-on. We'll set up the Pack 'n' Play and white noise machine and baby monitor so that they'll be ready for her right after dinner. I'm hoping we can find a good location for the Pack 'n' Play that will allow her to sleep with as few distractions from us as possible (looking at pictures online, I'm thinking we may have to put it right next to the bed, which is not ideal). We'll also need to inflate the travel nursing pillow and get her teddy, blankie, jammies, and sleep sack out.

Around 8pm, we'll make our way over to the Great Ceremonial House. Make our way up to Kona and check in for our 8:10pm dinner ADR. If we're ahead of schedule, we may try to get in early for dinner.

We love Kona and I'm sure we'll have a delicious dinner. Hoping that Dug Baby will be in good spirits, even though it will be a bit of a late night for her. On a side note, anyone know if you can get drinks (like an Island Sunset) to go? Maybe from the Tambu Lounge or pool bar, if not Kona? I'd like to have one, but don't particularly want to drink it, then nurse Dug Baby. I'd rather put her to bed, then enjoy it on the patio of our room.

If we have time, we'll grab some milk at the store in the Great Ceremonial House (whole, if they have it) to bring to the room for Dug Baby to drink throughout the week. I'm thinking all the fridge replacements have finished at the Poly, but I can't find 100% confirmation of that.

Dug can then head off to the Magic Kingdom's Extra Magic Hours while I get Dug Baby down to bed. We actually have so many Disney jammies that she can wear a different set each night (if we have room to pack them all). Here's one for this night (though we may switch them around, since it really doesn't matter):

This one actually has both a shorts and a pants option, depending on how the room temp is, I guess. Plus, we'll put her in a sleep sack also.

Hoping she sleeps well after a busy travel day. C'mon Disney magic! pixiedust:

Dug will be able to take advantage of a Fast Pass+ for Big Thunder, between 8:55 and 9:55pm. Anyone know if he can ride twice since we both have a FP+ on our Magic Bands? I really don't know how the bands will work vs. the old system. I could just give him my paper Fast Pass, but now :confused3

The Extra Magic Hours go until 10pm, then he'll monorail back and join us in the room. Hoping we all get some good sleep for our first full day! :cool1:

ETA: Just checked and the hours were extended this night. And it's not EMH either...just regular park hours...until 1am! Wow, Dug can have a late night, if he's up for it!

The 3-weeks-out "forecast" for this day is a high of 75 and low of 60 with "increasing amounts of sun." Sounds nice.

Hoping we'll have had sufficient sleep for this day. It's not going to be as much as Dug Baby usually gets. I have us getting up and getting ready at 6:30am.

Because of the Little Mermaid ride and meeting Ariel, I have this selected as Dug Baby's outfit for the day:

We then hit the resort monorail around 7am and head to the Grand Floridian for our breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. We originally had this at 7am, when we thought the Magic Kingdom would be opening early, but it appears that it will be a 9am opening, so we moved our ADR to 7:30am. Still early, but not quite so bad.

We thought this would be a good breakfast as 1.) I've heard good things about the food and 2.) We could check out the Grand Floridian decorations and the gingerbread house. Plus, it's something new to us and it's just a monorail ride away.

After breakfast and checking out the Grand Floridian, we'll hop on the monorail to the Magic Kingdom, hopefully arriving in time for the opening show at 9am.

Once we get in, we'll make our way to the long-anticipated New Fantasyland, as we have 9:10-10:10am Fast Pass+ for the Little Mermaid ride. Can't wait for that! I'm so, so excited to finally see the New Fantasyland for myself! :cool1:

After riding her ride, we'll probably try to meet Ariel. My Disney Experience was telling me, the other day, that this was closed. However, I don't see anything saying that now. So, assuming we can, we'll do an Ariel meet and greet.

Maybe this is the time where we see if Dug Baby wants to play in the Casey Jr. splash pad area. If so, we can change her into the jelly sandals in this picture (the other shoes are just soft ones we'll probably bring as a spare, if they still fit...or maybe use them to/from the resort pool?):

Speaking of spare attire, I have no game plan for either of these, so I think we'll just keep them in our bag as spares and use as needed:

I just watched some video of the splash pad and I'm thinking she may not be old enough for it. Mostly because I don't want to get myself soaked going in with her. We'll see, I guess.

If she gets wet (or probably even if she doesn't), we'll change her into this:

After that, as long as the line isn't too bad, we'll probably catch a ride on Peter Pan's Flight. Where we will both have a death grip on Dug Baby to make sure she doesn't decide to see if she can fly. But we have to go on my favorite childhood ride (that I still love)!

If we have enough time after that, we'll ride Dumbo and meet the Fab 5 in the circus tent. If not, we'll do that after lunch, if Dug Baby is still up for it.

The last thing we have before lunch is our Fast Pass+ for Enchanted Tales with Belle from 10:20-11:20am. Looking forward to this!

Lunch is our Be Our Guest Fast Pass+ from 10:40-11:10am. I think we'll aim for around 11am. Our order has already been placed and I'm hoping that we'll be in there and eating fairly quickly. Can't wait to dine there and check the place out.

We're hoping to head back to the Poly around noon for naptime. I'm sure Dug Baby will need it, after the late night/early morning. And we probably will too!

I'm a little worried about this whole morning. It seems really tight to me. Especially because it will be our first time seeing New Fantasyland and Dug Baby's first time in the Magic Kingdom. I hope we can manage to do the things we want to do and still get a decent nap in.

Our spreadsheet says "nap/maybe swim" here, but I have a feeling it will just be nap. Unless Dug Baby wakes up early and rarin' to go. If so, she'll wear her Minnie swimsuit and Minnie cover-up:

We'll take the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom around 3pm. If we're hungry, we may pick up one of the new (to us) waffle sandwiches from Sleepy Hollow. We have Fast Pass+ for Winnie the Pooh from 4-5pm. After that, we are hoping to ride the Haunted Mansion, see Philharmagic, ride the Carousel, and ride the Mad Tea Party. Followed by dinner at Cosmic Ray's around 6:30pm.

We should be heading out of the Magic Kingdom around 7:30pm and taking a boat to Ft. Wilderness for our 8:30pm sleigh ride. It's a little late, but it's the best time we could get. Hoping Dug Baby can hang in there for it.

We'll probably change her into a warmer outfit. The Mickey shirt here:

With this Minnie sweatsuit over it:

Should keep her cozy. Last time we did a sleigh ride, in December 2010, it was unusually cold and we were very bundled with a big blanket that they provided. I hope it's not that authentic of a sleigh ride experience again. With a low of 60 for the day, it shouldn't be too bad.

We'll hopefully get back to the Poly by about 9:30pm or so and get Dug Baby to bed right away. Another later night. Here's some jammies:

I do have a note that the Studios are open until 10pm that night, so - in theory - Dug could go straight over there from Ft. Wilderness and maybe do something. However, he thinks it probably won't be enough time to be worthwhile, so we'll probably all just go back to the Poly together. He may go get some sushi to enjoy on the patio. We'll relax a bit on the patio, then head to bed. And, with any luck, get a good night's sleep.

Just wanted to say a quick hello. I've been following your ptr for quite a while as we prepare for our trip as well. Our girls were born the same day (my dd was born at 4:07am a mth early) and we leave for disney in 5 days. Your tips have been helpful as we prepare! It will be fun seeing the magic through a 14mth olds eyes! Enjoy your trip!

In all the airports we've been in we havent come across ANY whole milk for sale. We always pack a small cooler (actually its a Medela one that fits 4 6-oz bottles) full of whole milk and a cool pack thingy and bring it with us. Worst that has happened (in Ireland) is we had to taste test each bottle LOL but we've never had a problem bringing it through. We were able to find whole milk at both BC Mercantile and AKL though, from what I remember so that shouldn't be a problem.

For toys - Aria loves her travel sized magnadoodle, and board books along with a slinky. I haven't done the play doh though I might be worried security wouldn't allow it through (silly I know) unless it's under the 3oz or whatever. And sounds messy? IDK. Stickers are GREAT esp the ones that are meant to be able to be removed easily. Flash cards. A little bag (Aria has this little fill & spill purse she loves) - even the barf bag on the plane is great to fill with toys.

I hope you find a good spot in the room for the PnP! At the BCV studio I was able to put it near the door in a little alcove that connected the room to the next one over. Hopefully you will have something like that, we just can NOT share a room with Aria and sleep well.

We had that Ariel top/ skirt set for Aria! Love it.

I don't think your morning at MK sounds too ambitious esp with the FP+. Be sure to let her play at Dumbo though, still one of Aria's favorite things to do!

You are doing WAY better than me planning wise. I have not started packing at ALL and have no clue what our weather looks like! LOL. I did make a countdown paper ring thing and Aria has enjoyed tearing off a ring a day! We are at 24 days to go, so not sure if the weather will even show up. I can't wait for our Sleigh Ride around Fort Wilderness- thanks for hte reminder that we need to pack WARM! :goodvibes

I love that you had a Disney movie themed night! Never even thought about doing that. Mmm and the enchiladas look great. Do you have a recipe for it that you don't mind sharing?! :hyper:

Can I just say, I LOVE all the clothes that you have for Dug baby so far! I like your plans, but the clothes are amazing! :rotfl2::thumbsup2 Do you get most of your Disney items at Target and the Disney store? Anywhere else I should keep a look out for? I'm particularly interest in Star Wars clothing (like the shirt Dug Baby has!)

Just wanted to say a quick hello. I've been following your ptr for quite a while as we prepare for our trip as well. Our girls were born the same day (my dd was born at 4:07am a mth early) and we leave for disney in 5 days. Your tips have been helpful as we prepare! It will be fun seeing the magic through a 14mth olds eyes! Enjoy your trip!
Hi, I'm so glad you decided to say hello! How cool that two girls born the same day are making their first Disney trips exactly 2 weeks apart! And, wow, a month early! Dug Baby was 2 weeks late, so it's amazing to think they'd be about 6 weeks apart if they'd both been born on their due dates...but, clearly, they both knew that September 20th was an awesome day to be born! I'm glad you've been able to get some helpful tips from following along. I'm sure glad that there's a community of Disney lovers here that are able to share so much helpful information about taking the little ones! I feel slightly less clueless, thanks to everyone here. I also cannot wait to see the magic through her eyes. It will be such a different trip than the just-the-two-of-us ones we're used to. I hope you have a magical trip and please feel free to report back with any tips or feedback you may have...I can always use it! :thumbsup2

In all the airports we've been in we havent come across ANY whole milk for sale. We always pack a small cooler (actually its a Medela one that fits 4 6-oz bottles) full of whole milk and a cool pack thingy and bring it with us. Worst that has happened (in Ireland) is we had to taste test each bottle LOL but we've never had a problem bringing it through. We were able to find whole milk at both BC Mercantile and AKL though, from what I remember so that shouldn't be a problem.
Good to know! We could probably do 2%, like we did sometimes on our Wisconsin trip, but bringing some whole from home is a good idea too. I also have a Medela cooler. What did you put the milk in? The bottles that go with the cooler?

For toys - Aria loves her travel sized magnadoodle, and board books along with a slinky. I haven't done the play doh though I might be worried security wouldn't allow it through (silly I know) unless it's under the 3oz or whatever. And sounds messy? IDK. Stickers are GREAT esp the ones that are meant to be able to be removed easily. Flash cards. A little bag (Aria has this little fill & spill purse she loves) - even the barf bag on the plane is great to fill with toys.
Hmmm, a magnadoodle...I hadn't thought of that. And it would be totally new to her. I'll have to see if I can find a travel size one somewhere. Also, good call on the board books - we have a bunch and will pack some. I think the play doh I got should be okay...it's 4 really small containers (might only bring 1 or 2) and they were only $1 total, so if security takes them...oh, well. I might open one beforehand and see what she thinks to see if 1.) it's messy and 2.) she eats it. I guess the post-it recommendation is kinda like the easy-off stickers. Flash cards and a bag are good ideas too, thanks! (and the barf bag :rotfl2:)

I hope you find a good spot in the room for the PnP! At the BCV studio I was able to put it near the door in a little alcove that connected the room to the next one over. Hopefully you will have something like that, we just can NOT share a room with Aria and sleep well.
I remember you mentioning that nook in the BCV and wishing we had something like that at the Poly. Sadly, after searching for Poly King floor plans, I don't think we're going to have very good options. We'll just have to improvise and make the best of it, I think.

We had that Ariel top/ skirt set for Aria! Love it.
I remember seeing it at some point in your TR. So cute!

I don't think your morning at MK sounds too ambitious esp with the FP+. Be sure to let her play at Dumbo though, still one of Aria's favorite things to do!
Thanks for the reassurance! Yes, Dumbo playtime will happen, I'm sure!

You are doing WAY better than me planning wise. I have not started packing at ALL and have no clue what our weather looks like! LOL. I did make a countdown paper ring thing and Aria has enjoyed tearing off a ring a day! We are at 24 days to go, so not sure if the weather will even show up. I can't wait for our Sleigh Ride around Fort Wilderness- thanks for hte reminder that we need to pack WARM! :goodvibes
Well, we don't have a countdown chain, so we're even! :rotfl: And the weather I'm getting is probably just based on averages at this point, but I'm going with it! (for now - I'll check back, of course!) As long as we don't set record lows (like the 28 degrees we had in 2010), I'll be happy. I'm not sure if they always let you use a super-nice blanket in the sleigh ride or if it was just because it was so cold, but that was awesome!

I love that you had a Disney movie themed night! Never even thought about doing that. Mmm and the enchiladas look great. Do you have a recipe for it that you don't mind sharing?! :hyper:
Thanks! I never would have thought of it either, but I've read a few pre-trip reports where they did these, so it's always been in the back of my mind. Here's a giant thread of ideas, most much more elaborate than what I did: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1707141 And I found the enchilada recipe online too: http://www.letsdishrecipes.com/2011...iladas-with-green-chile-sour-cream-sauce.html Pretty easy to make and so good! This time, I actually cooked the chicken and put the chicken and cheese in the tortillas after Dug Baby's bedtime, left in the fridge overnight, then just made the sauce while she played the next night (i.e. hung off my legs) and put it in the oven for dinner. Worked out great! So hard to cook with a 1-year-old underfoot!

Can I just say, I LOVE all the clothes that you have for Dug baby so far! I like your plans, but the clothes are amazing! :rotfl2::thumbsup2 Do you get most of your Disney items at Target and the Disney store? Anywhere else I should keep a look out for? I'm particularly interest in Star Wars clothing (like the shirt Dug Baby has!)
You can certainly say that! :rotfl: We've slowly accumulated clothes, largely from clearance racks, since before she was born! I've found quite a bit at Target and on target.com, but I've found some things at Old Navy (like that Tangled shirt) and some things at Babies 'R' Us (I think the swimwear was there), and some at Buy Buy Baby (which I think the Star Wars shirt came from...though I know Old Navy had some Star Wars attire too - but more boy-ish). We also got some things handed down and from consignment sales and clothing swaps. It's a hodgepodge, I guess. Surprisingly, I don't believe anything actually came from the Disney Store. :rotfl2: :confused3 Go figure.

Weather "forecast" is a high of 78, low of 59 and "mostly cloudy."

We'll get up around 7-7:30am this morning. Since Epcot is our destination, Dug Baby will be wearing her Minnie/France skirt with one of the three shirts that matches it:

Yeah, those darn shirts kept going on clearance. So, she can be as messy as she wants with meals, I guess. :lmao:

We'll want to head out on the little walk over to the TTC around 8am, then catch the Epcot monorail and arrive for the 9am opening.

Our first destination is not our usual headliner, but...the Character Spot. As long as Dug Baby likes characters, that is! Hmmmm...as I write this, I'm re-thinking things and maybe she should be in one of her Minnie dresses for this, then change later in the morning. I might switch that.

Anyway, as soon as we finish our character meets, we'll head into The Land and acquire a Rider Swap pass for Soarin'. One of us will ride and the other will take Dug Baby over to Sunshine Seasons for a delicious breakfast. Then we'll switch off. Hoping this plan will work okay, as Soarin' can be a pretty long wait, even with a Fast Pass/Rider Swap.

Up next, we'll ideally walk right on to Living with the Land. I think Dug Baby will enjoy the boat ride and looking around at everything.

Next, we'll head over to The Seas with Nemo and hop into a clamshell. I think Dug Baby will probably enjoy this. We'll see. Then we'll wander around the aquarium a bit. (We're hoping to get in a "practice run" of this by going to the Underwater Adventures aquarium in the Mall of America before our trip).

After we finish there, we'll journey into our imaginations with Figment. I know some things on this ride can upset little ones, so hoping for the best. I think she'll like most of it, though. And playing in the Imageworks area afterwards, particularly the musical floor thing.

The next part is what we're most concerned about: riding Test Track. You probably have noticed that we do not have any Fast Pass+ reservations for the morning. That's because we're using them after we park-hop this day. So, we'll have to make do without Fast Pass+. We will for sure have Rider Swap, though. And we may have the Legacy Fast Pass system, but I don't know that we can count on it, going off the reports I'm reading about it possibly being phased out. So, we'll see. Plus, we haven't been on Test Track since before the refurbishment, so it might be nice to go through the normal line, as my understanding is that you design your car there and skip that in the Fast Pass line? I guess we'll hope that these low-crowd days really are low crowd!

We're aiming to head into World Showcase by about noon. We'll walk through Canada, England, and France. As long as we have time, we'd like to wander into each pavilion and enjoy the sights.

We'll grab lunch in World Showcase, but the location has yet to be determined. We'd tossed around trying the new French bakery, so that's an option. Or else Tangerine Cafe in Morocco (or Spice Road Table, if it's open by then?) I guess it depends what we're in the mood for and how we're doing on our schedule.

We're hoping that Dug Baby will go down for a nap in her stroller after lunch. We can wander around World Showcase and/or the Boardwalk area. If we want to relax indoors, we always love the Beach Club solarium. If we're needing some refreshment, there's always Beaches 'n' Cream. No Way Jose! Not sure we'll do that, but yum. We also can check out the various holiday decorations at the resorts. There were some impressive displays when we saw them in 2010!

Around 3pm, we'll start making our way towards Hollywood Studios. Not sure if we'll walk or take the boat. Maybe depends if Dug Baby is asleep. Do you have to fold the stroller on the Friendship Boats? Also depends if we are up for walking, since it's a fair distance and we'll have already done the Epcot Walk of Exhaustion. :rotfl:

We plan to meet up with some friends when we get there. The family we took the walk with in Wisconsin.

If the weather starts cooling off at some point, we can change Dug Baby into this sweatshirt and Minnie Mouse jeans:

We have Fast Pass+ for Toy Story Mania from 4-5pm, so we'll get that done right away. I'm hoping Dug Baby will be able to sit between us and just enjoy watching.

Next, maybe we'll go to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground and let all the kids play for a bit. I think Dug Baby will be just old enough to enjoy it. We went to the Children's Museum here yesterday and she really enjoyed climbing up things and going down slides, etc. It's new to her, but my memory is that there are some toddler-friendly areas of this playground.

At some point, we'll need to grab some dinner. Not sure where. There aren't a lot of great options at DHS. Probably will depend on what we're near and/or what our friends want.

We have one Fast Pass+ for Star Tours and one for Tower of Terror, both 5:20-6:20pm. We can Rider Swap both.

I believe the Osborne Lights are turned on at 6pm, so we'll want to see that.

Our next Fast Pass+ is one for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and another one for Star Tours, from 6:30-7:30pm. This, combined with the previous one (and Rider Swap), will give us each two rides on Star Tours. And one ride each on RnRC and ToT. Hoping for minimal wait time on them all, but I know that ToT can be slow sometimes, due to where the Fast Pass queue joins the regular one.

After the rides, we'll wander and enjoy the Osborne Lights some more. Get some Photopass pictures. I think Dug Baby will really enjoy the music and want to dance around. She loves to break out into a little dance when she hears music! :rotfl:

We're aiming to head out around 7:30pm and make our way back to the Poly for Dug Baby's bedtime. She can wear these Tinkerbell jammies:

The Magic Kingdom has Extra Magic Hours until 11pm this night, so it will be my night to go out solo, after Dug Baby is in bed. I have no idea what I'm going to do, but I can't wait!! :cool1: If you remember, in Wisconsin, I had that after-bed time to myself, eating dinner. And this is kinda like that, but way more exciting! I think it will be a great thing for recharging. As long as I'm not so exhausted that I can't enjoy it. But, if that's the case, onto the Peoplemover I'll go! :rotfl2:

When I wear out, I'll return to the Poly and hit the hay.

ETA on 11/24: a couple wardrobe revisions for this day! I think we'll start her in this to meet the characters:

After Future World, we can change her into the other outfit for World Showcase.

In the evening, I have her in an outfit that I duplicated on the last day. So, instead, I think we change it to this shirt with some jeans and a hoodie, if it's chilly out:

Whew, I feel better now! :rotfl:

"Forecast" this day calls for a high of 70, a low of 58, and "sunny." However, the previous days have been revised to be colder and possibly rainy, so I hope that changes again before our trip. I'm not really putting a lot of stock into these accuweather "forecasts" at this point, clearly, since it's still so far out - weather-wise, at least.

We start this day around 7am, getting up and getting ready. Dug Baby might actually wear a non-Disney item this day, as I like this giraffe shirt for Animal Kingdom:

We have a 7:30am ADR for a scrumptious breakfast at Kona! Yum yum! What a great way to start a Disney day.

Around 8:30am, we'll be on a bus to Animal Kingdom for the 9am opening.

We'll head back to the safari, as we have a 9-10am Fast Pass+ for it. I think Dug Baby will get a kick out of it, as long as we have some decent animal viewing. I'm interested to see what it's like without the poacher storyline. (I'm sure it will be better, of course).

After the safari, we'll view some more animals on the trails and jungle trek. Dug Baby seems to enjoy our visits to the zoo, so hoping she'll like the Disney version of that.

After that, we'll take the obligatory ride on Triceratop Spin (i.e. - AK Dumbo).

Next, we'll try to catch the Flights of Wonder show. Again, I think Dug Baby will enjoy this. There is a similar show at the MN Zoo (though not as funny) and Dug Baby seemed interested at that, even though she was quite a bit younger when we saw it.

Our next Fast Pass+ is Everest from 11am-Noon. I know we could do Rider Switch on this and only use one Fast Pass+, but there's really not enough Fast Pass attractions in Animal Kingdom to need another Fast Pass+. We could both go on this twice, though, so that's a possibility.

I just popped over to Disney's site to look at the Fast Pass+ selections again and I see that the Lion King show has Fast Pass+. I have no idea if it's worthwhile. I don't remember much of a wait to get in. So, unless you get extra good seats, I don't know that there's any value in that. But, in theory, we could switch our extra Fast Pass+ selections that we don't need (due to Rider Swap) to this show instead.

Anyway, after/during Everest, Dug Baby will be able to play in the Boneyard a bit. Also, perhaps meet some "ghee"s (her word for doggies): Goofy and Pluto.

Our last Fast Pass+ is Dinosaur from Noon-1pm. Same deal - we could ride twice each, if we wanted to, due to Rider Swap. Not sure we want to, though. We'll see how we're doing on time and such.

We also want to meet Holiday Mickey & Minnie and the characters from Up!

We'll see Festival of the Lion King around 12:30 or 1pm, whenever it's scheduled that day. I think this show will hold Dug Baby's attention pretty well. And we love it. I think the hard part may be restraining her so that she doesn't run up and just join in on the tumblemonkeys or something. :rotfl:

We'll head out after the show and catch a bus to AKL/Kidani, as we have a 2:15pm ADR for a late lunch at Sanaa. We love it there. The food is great and so is the animal-viewing. Plus, Dug Baby seems to have enjoyed the little bit of this type of food she's had so far. I am, however, a little concerned at how late this meal is. This is the day of our trip with the latest naptime. I do see that there are some openings for lunch an hour or so earlier and that is tempting. However, we may not be able to do all that we want to do in AK beforehand. But, just thinking as I write here, we'll probably have to go back to AK after lunch anyway so that we can get on a bus back to the Poly. So, as long as we are going back anyway, maybe that's something to consider. I don't know.

At any rate, we'll go back to the Poly for naptime. Unless Dug Baby is out in her stroller, I guess.

After naptime, we have the rest of the afternoon/early evening open for swimming. Dug Baby really enjoys pool time and we're hoping to get some in, weather permitting.

After swimming, I'm thinking we'll put her in this outfit:

This might also be a good night to try to see the torch lighting ceremony out in front of the Poly. Nothing like demonstrating fire-juggling to your baby! :rotfl:

We have a 7:50pm dinner ADR at 'Ohana this night. Looking forward to all of that deliciousness! And I think Dug Baby might enjoy the entertainment also. I do wish this ADR were a bit earlier. If I can catch any cancellations at the right moment, I'd consider moving it up. But this is do-able.

After dinner, it's off to bed with visions of the Poly dancing in our heads. :cloud9:

Jammies can be one of these (Minnie or Marie the Cat):

Hoping we'll all get some good sleep this night!

Such fun busy days!! Oh man! I can't wait to hear the real versions and how much dug baby loves it all!! :D
So excited for you guys!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter