We're Going

wilki32

Mouseketeer
Well after taking a shopping trip to Cheltenham yesterday to get a deep fat fryer (very healthy) but ended up with a 3 night stay at Sequio Lodge...Wahey!!!
Driving down next Monday the 26th, thanks to the people who have given me tips and anymore will be useful.
Thanks again.
Anthony

if its just the two of you try and ask for a suite, i did last year and got a room on the top floor, about 40 foot long with a balcony it was brilliant

get an early time for breakfast if you can, you wont need to worry about the shuttle buses to the parks, you can walk through disney village much faster

make sure you see animagique and the stunt car show at the studios

more if i remember:teeth:

Yes, make sure you get to the parks as early as you can, it really does make the difference in Paris!

The best place to watch the parades is near It's A Small World, where the parade starts, you get a good view, and it doesn't get too crowded.

And if you watch the new Lion King show, make sure you get there early, I've heard stories of 90 minute waits.

Have a great trip, and make sure you tell us all about it when you get back :D

Actually, thé best place to watch the parade is at the Castle stage.

1) You can sit on the benches
2) It's not that crowed over there
3) You can make beautiful pictures with the castle on the background

Thanks guys.
Where is the best place to get breakfast, unfortunately none of us are big breakfast eaters and almost takes a while to even want to face breakfast. We have never stayed at a Disney hotel but I would imagine that the hotels are packed for breakfast in the morning.
As we are staying at the resort does that mean we get early entry, if so what time?
When we first talked about going I was a bit unsure about Paris but after reading about it here...can't wait!!!
Thanks again.
Anthony

Breakfast at your hotel wouldn't be too crowded, everyone's given a specific time to come down, so you can be in and out of breakfast quite quickly. (The best times tend to go quite quickly though. For our first day, we had a choice of 7:30 or 10:00.)

There's also an option to have breakfast in Fantasyland, which is very nice to do, as you get to be the first people in the park. This needs to be arranged when you book though, so you might need to ask Disney very nicely if you wanted to do this.

If making a specific time for breakfast is too much hassle, I've heard nice things about the croissants in the Cable Car Bakery in Main Street.

And no early entry in DLP I'm afraid :(

Let us know what it's like!

I'm staying at the Sequoia in October -going on my own so it will be interesting to see what kind of room I get! Normally singletons get a broom cupboard in most holiday resorts. I must admit that I stayed at the Santa Fe last time I went, again as a single, and the room I had was the same as everyone elses.

You kind of get used to paying extra and being given the room overlooking the boiler room or the backyard!

Hi there,

We stayed at Sequoia Lodge in February. We thought the hotel was lovely. We were there during half term week and the parks were pretty busy.

Word of warning about breakfast: don't bank on a tranquil experience!

First morning we went down there was a 10 minute wait to get in which was fine (we had a ticket telling us what time to go for breakfast).
Second morning I don't know as we went to Chef Mickey's.
Third morning :scared1: we attempted to go for breakfast but soon changed our mind as the queue was 6 people deep all the way in the downstairs lobby, up two flights of stairs and into the Redwood Bar. We stood in the queue for 5 minutes and it didn't move so decided to give breakfast at the hotel a miss and go to Main Street and grab something. Money well spent!!

The breakfasts are fine, nothing spectacular. We had croissants, yoghurt, OJ, cheeses and cold meats, cereal and fruit. Not worth waiting an hour for in a crowd I don't think!

Obviously you may have a different experience to mine. Oh, I thorough recommend the Good Morning Fantasyland Pig Soldier mentions below with the Early Entry (we didn't get to do it this time but I wish we had)

Cheers

Karen

PS I think you made the right choice - DLP or deep fat fryer?!! No competition!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter