We're home~ Third Time is the Charm TR! **Pictures link pg 18**

triplefigs

<marquee><font color=009933>Triple Chick</marquee>
:welcome: Welcome to our :welcome:
Third Time is the Charm Trip Report!

Cast members:
  • Me: Denise, Mom of the :dance3: and Disney Fanatic
  • DH: Fantastic daddy and DH, adores me and our :dance3: and so takes us to Disney (he even took me to WDW for our Disneymoon)! :love2:
  • DS, DS, and DD, our 7-year old triplets who live, eat, breathe Disney! :thumbsup2
  • Jitters: our 16 year old Tabby cat who will stay home and relish the peace and quiet! :cat:
A little background, Trip History, and Recent Events

This will be our third trip with the kids to Disney. We took them in December 2005 (GF) for their 1st trip and had a MAGICAL time filled with amazing pixie dust. We returned in Sept 2006 (CR) and once again had a magical trip and even rode the jeep with Mickey Mouse in the AK parade! Here is our Live from Disney 2006 trip report.

For this 3rd trip, we were originally scheduled to go last September 2007. Unfortunately, my DS, Rees, got very ill and was hospitalized for over 25 days, had 3 major surgeries, and missed and entire quarter of school. It was an extremely difficult time for us all. :guilty: Here is the link to DS' prayer thread and all the background. DS his special needs and has Cerebral Palsy. His new wheelchair will not be in for our trip, so we are renting one for him. He thrives on Disney and talks about it non-stop. It was especially tough on him since he was hospitalized, not feeling well, and had to miss his favorite trip. He literally counts down for a year in advance. There's not ANYONE we know who doesn't know exactly how many days, minutes, SECONDS are left until we leave. ;)

So, we rescheduled for February 2008. Then, BAM, DS and DD get the flu the week we are supposed to go. :sick: 2nd cancellation was really tough for all of us to take. :sad1: We were sorely disappointed.

BUT, now we are FINALLY headed to Disney for 9 days on Friday! :cool1: The kids think we are going Saturday, but we are checking them out of school early on Friday to drive down. They are going to be so excited. I can't WAIT to meet them in their school's office when their teacher's tell them they are checking out early for an "appointment" and say, "let's just go ahead and go to Disney TODAY!" :woohoo: :yay: :faint:

Resort(s), Parties, and Surprises Galore!

We are staying at the Contemporary Resort with a MK view for 5 days and then switching to the Beach Club with a Standard view for 4 nights and are on the Deluxe Dining Plan. We are going to the P&PP on May 2 and got tickets for the Disney Channel Games Concert on May 3rd. :worship: I also bought us a Disney brick with our names in front of the MK last summer, and I haven't told them. So that's another surprise! :thumbsup2 We are all so excited and can't wait to arrive! I am also getting an AP this trip, and DH has agreed to try to book a bounceback trip for December if it's available. And since I've made a live trip report thread... WE ARE REALLY GOING THIS TIME!

This is truly a celebratory trip for us all!!! Not only for DS' good health and the kids FINALLY getting to go, but it's also our 13th Wedding Anniversary (we Disneymooned at the Poly :bride: :groom: ). And I just got a new job as a NICU nurse and will start in August. :cool1:party: :dancer: :jumping1: :banana: :cheer2:

2007 WDW Plans

Itinerary
Fri: drive to Disney
Sat: MK
Sun: DHS
Mon: AK
Tues: MK
Wed: DHS
Thurs: Epcot
Fri: DTD and the P&PP
Sat: spend the day at SAB and then go to the DCG concert
Sun: drive home

Deluxe Dining Plans
Plaza Restaurant and 1900 Park Fare dinner
Hollywood and Vine character lunch and Hollywood Brown Derby dinner
Tusker House Donald b'fast and Narcoosee's dinner
'Ohana b'fast and CRT dinner
Chef Mickey b'fast and Prime Time Cafe dinner
Garden Grill lunch and PSB dinner
Cape May Cafe b'fast and Crystal Palace dinner
Spoodles B'fast and Beaches and Cream late lunch/dinner

So come on in, relax, read, and join the FUN!

Right now we're working on the packing and last minute details. I actually didn't unpack a lot of stuff from February (like the pin lanyards, cleaning supplies, etc). I used to DISign shirts on the DISigns board. I have made 3 sets of custom shirts for our trip. The rest of the days we are coordinating in color. Tomorrow I have a ton of errands to run and last minute things to buy. Then Thursday I will pack everything. Once the kids go to school on Friday, we will load the van before I go to work. I am leaving early (DH works from home), and then we will go pick up the kids at school. All the teachers at their school know we are leaving early, and I think they are as happy for us as we are! :cool1: I just don't know how much longer I can keep quiet. I am dying to tell them, but the surprise will be worth the wait!

Oh, Denise - I'm so excited for you guys! I just know that this "third time" WILL be a charm - you are going to have soooo much fun!

I'll be looking for your posts.

Subscribing...I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Where did you get the brick from? Can that be ordered online? I have seen them at MK but never seen where you can get them from. Thanks!

Subscribing...I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Where did you get the brick from? Can that be ordered online? I have seen them at MK but never seen where you can get them from. Thanks!
They briefly (for about a month) sold empty spots last summer/fall. I was lucky and got one then. I'm sorry that they aren't selling them currently.

I'm so glad you are finally able to go - remember to keep us up to date and send pictures. Are you sure there's no room in the luggage for me?

There's always room for you! We can share a Dole Float!

I'll buy the Dole Whip float if you go and buy a couple of these:

2258e2de.jpg

Denise,

I cannot wait until I can see pictures from your trip.

I know your kids will be so surprised to see the brick. Be sure to take a pic of that.

I know that being able to have a tile at Epcot meant a lot to Stephanie and I (even though she really wanted a brick).

Yipppee! 2 days! Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! And I should have lots of pictures to share too. My new Blackberry Curve with the camera arrives tomorrow (my current BB is on the fritz), so I'll be able to do mini updates from the parks too.

Great start Denise! Look forward to your live report :thumbsup2

Denise- I'm so excited to hear that your trip is on! That's so great after all the delays!!

When I was little kid, I was called down to the office and in those days that meant only one thing.... you were in TROUBLE! Well this one time it sure as heck didn't mean that. My mom came and picked me and my DB up and we went on a surprise trip to the circus. While it wasn't Disney... it was a surprise- and one that I remember with great fondness to this day! Your kids are gonna remember this forever and always look back at it with a smile on their faces.

Have a wonderful, joyful trip! I'm looking forward to keeping up on this TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter