Westgate Resort????

L

LISALISA36

ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WESTGATE RESORT?
MY HUSBAND FINALLY SAID WE CAN GO BACK TO DISNEY!!!!
NOT UNTIL MAY OF 2003 THOUGH. :(
I AM STILL EXCITED! WHEN SHOULD I START PLANNING FOR THIS TRIP?
IS MAY A GOOD TIME TO GO?
THE WK BEFORE MOTHERS DAY.
ANY WAYS ,,,, I FOUND A GOOD DEAL AT WESTGATE,, YOU CAN PAY REGULAR PRICE AND NOT DO THE 90 MINUTE SALES PROMOTION.
OR WE COULD SAVE AROUND 500.00 AND DO THE 90 MINUTE THING.
WE ARE NOT GOING TO DO IT,,,BUT DO THEY STILL HASSLE YOU AND TRY TO SELL TO YOU IF YOU PAY THE REGULAR PRICE???
IS IT NICE THERE????
ANY INFO WILL BE HELPFUL!
THANKS!
LISA
:confused:

WE VACATIONED IN ORLANDO THIS PAST AUGUST. AT OUR HOTEL LOBBY TICKET DESK WERE SOLICITORS FOR TIMESHARES. THEY OFFERED US 100 DOLLARS TO GO ON A TOUR OF WESTGATE VILLAS IN KISSIMMEE. WE SAID LETS GO FOR IT, AN EXTRA 100 BUCKS JUST FOR TOURING, SURE. ME AND MY BEST GIRLFRIEND WENT.

THE PLACE WAS VERY NICE. IF YOU ARE GOING, GET THE 2 BEDROOM VILLA. REALLY, REALLY, NICE. ALSO, TRY AND GET ONE ON THE LAKE. THE POOL VILLA MAY BE A BIT NOISY AT TIMES. :eek:

NEEDLESS TO SAY WE WERE HOOKED. MY BEST FRIEND BOUGHT ONE RIGHT ON THE SPOT. THEY GAVE HER A REALLY GOOD DEAL ON A TWO BEDROOM.

I'M BRINGING MY HUSBAND BACK THIS JULY SO HE CAN SEE IT. I GET A DISCOUNT BECAUSE MY FRIEND IS AN OWNER NOW.

IF I WERE YOU, I WOULD TAKE THE TOUR. THE EXTRA MONEY CAN BE USED FOR SOMETHIMG ELSE. THE TOUR WAS ABOUT 2 HRS. AFTERWORDS, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BUY, JUST SAY NO AND BE ON YOUR WAY. TELL THEM YOU HAVE RESERVATIONS FOR SOMEPLACE AND JUST SKIDADDLE, BECAUSE THEY WILL BRING OTHER PEOPLE OVER TO TRY AND PERSUADE YOU.

YOU WILL LOVE YOUR STAY HERE.

Just a suggestion, I own at Westgate Villas. If you are going to buy, do not buy from the developer. You can get a much better deal by buying resale. Look into the various resale companies or go to tug2.net and look at the people selling there. You can get the same resort for much lower price. I did, I purchased 2 weeks resale.

Resale 2BR weeks can be found for ~$5,000, much less in quieter seasons (Sept/Jan/May). Before buying any timeshare, it's best to learn their resale values and trade power by reading Timeshare Users Group - TUG, a not-for-profit owners membership group. The Advice articles are excellent and free access. So are the bulletin boards (free registration). Independent member Resort Reviews and Resort Ratings are only available to members ($15/first year with free classified ad - well worth it!).

Sales staff can be very aggressive. Still, we love our timeshares (we own elsewhere) and find them a wonderful value and a terrific way to vacation. The value is much less if one buys a pricy developer week. Westgate Vacation Villas are very convenient to WDW and offer a huge array of activities for families. There are other Westgate properties in Orlando... Town Center, Towers, Seasons and Lakes. We had a nice stay at the Villas several years ago - big, beautiful villas with leather living room furniture, fair landscaping. Hope this helps.

Hi LISALISA36

Did you finally decide to stay st Westgate?? I just read ur message to inquire about their resort. I would like to know if you found any more info about them We are also going to stay at westG from Dec10-dec14. We are taking the tour and presentaion also........it is saving us a lot of money witha comfortable stay. Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks

bspecialt ....

did you get 80$ or 100$.....

seems you have two posts from your august westgate tour and they are different amounts....

where do one go to get the 100$ deal...? what hotel solicitor was offering that....

WE WERE STAYING AT THE COMFORT SUITES MAINGATE RESORT EAST, NEXT TO OLD TOWN . WE WERE GOING TO THE SOUVENIR STORE ON 192 AND WAS PASSING ONE OF THOSE BOOTHS THAT SELL TICKETS. HE OFFERED US ALL MONEY TO TAKE THE TOUR. I WAS OFFERED 80 OR A 100 DOLLARS (CAN'T REMEMBER, BUT IT WAS WORTH THE TOUR, MONEY WAS RUNNING LOW). MY BEST FRIEND WAS OFFERED 60 DOLLARS AND ANOTHER GIRLFRIEND GOT 40 DOLLARS. HE WROTE US UP THE RECEIPT OR WHATEVER AND WE TOOK IT TO THE TOUR WITH US, PRESENTED IT TO THE SALESPERSON AND AT THE END GOT THE AMOUNT THAT WAS ON THE SLIP. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter