We've joined the club. Canceling final vacations of the year...

Who said it was their only problem?

I feel bad for people canceling trips/vacations. Due to finances, I didn’t have a trip planned this year. I am glad I didn’t have to cancel a trip I’d been looking forward to.
Lol. We canceled both our trips this year. No, it's not a problem. It's not even an inconvenience. It's life and we changed destinations.

Had our May WDW cancelled. Cancelled our Nov. cruise. Our 30th anniversary is in Nov, no trip to Hawaii either. But the most frustrating is that we can't travel to have a memorial for my mother who died in May. :sad1:

Had our May WDW cancelled. Cancelled our Nov. cruise. Our 30th anniversary is in Nov, no trip to Hawaii either. But the most frustrating is that we can't travel to have a memorial for my mother who died in May. :sad1:
Sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family and friends.

I’m sorry. That must be very difficult.

Lol. We canceled both our trips this year. No, it's not a problem. It's not even an inconvenience. It's life and we changed destinations.

The OP never even claimed it was a problem, they came her to vent and say they were bummed about it.
And yes having trips planned and then having to cancel them and trying to find another destination is an inconvenience. But I guess since it wasn't for you then that means it isn't for anyone else.... :rolleyes:

That's rough. We had a family reunion planned in early July that was also a memorial service for my MIL, but had to cancel as many family members had to fly in, several from hot spot states, and there are a couple of high risk folks in the family also. Haven't seen my kids since Christmas, and it looks like Christmas is when I may see them again (hopefully).

I haven't cancelled my Oct WDW trip yet; part of it is a DVC rental which won't be refunded. Not terribly optimistic it will happen.

Have also had some family deaths without proper memorials, unless one considers awkward zoom things a memorial. We will do proper events when the situation allows.

As for vacations, we have cancelled everything. Working from home 100% of the time, no restaurants, etc. The cash on hand is thus growing and will be used for something special, sometime next year I presume / hope.

As I have posted before, other than our Spring Training Trip to Phoenix in March, we had no major vacation plans for 2020 . And none planned for 2021, 2022 and 2023. We planned on retiring this month, but put it off until next year. We will be living off savings until we reach full Social Security age in 2023 so everything will be pretty tight budget wise until then. Well, we will have some annuities that will start paying out in 2022, so we might have a little money for a vacation the. But most folks we know needed about 3 years to get their house in order after they retired before they started traveling, so we will be on track with that.

Things could be worse. Canceling a vacation is really not a problem. Consider yourself blessed if that's your only problem.

wow aren’t you just lovely 👏👏

we are watching January cruise may not happen. We are doing a few days at Weirs Beach NH. We are limited by our jobs where we can travel. Otherwise both our jobs require 14 day quarantine.

What a rough crowd. Never attacked anyone. Just a different view and got pounced on. I love it. I would hate to see what would happen if I said something controversial. God Bless.

What a rough crowd. Never attacked anyone. Just a different view and got pounced on. I love it. I would hate to see what would happen if I said something controversial. God Bless.

Actually you made a very judgemental post thinking that that was their only problem. they don’t have to say all their problems to you they were posting about a cancelled vacation disappointment is disappointment.
They don’t have to qualify their disappointment to anybody here

Cancelled May vacation, effectively cancelled August vacation because travel plan wasn't lifted.

Now we're thinking about a beach trip in September to Florida, but, you know...Florida...so we probably won't go then, either.

#firstworldproblems, I know.
Depends on where in Florida. Not everywhere is bad.

I cancelled a May trip. While we were gone we wanted get our kitchen cabinets painted. It is a bit of a bummer looking at golden oak.

I am trying to be optimistic about our beach trip this winter.

Well, I've only had two cancelled this summer. I feel as though I'm ahead of the game compared to many here on the boards. I do know that I've got to go somewhere. Considering I've been working from home since April, a stay-cation would feel like punishment at this point. I'm already imprisoned in my home. Where to go though? Where to go? Both of the states I'm considering have the highest rates of the "C" word right now. Shrug....

Well, I've only had two cancelled this summer. I feel as though I'm ahead of the game compared to many here on the boards. I do know that I've got to go somewhere. Considering I've been working from home since April, a stay-cation would feel like punishment at this point. I'm already imprisoned in my home. Where to go though? Where to go? Both of the states I'm considering have the highest rates of the "C" word right now. Shrug....
Same here. Were doing close to home trips. Howe Caverns, baseball hall of fame Herkimer diamond minds and rock city. Heck of a lot cheaper than the AKL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter