• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What’s currently open/closed at Animal Kingdom Lodge/Kidani Villas?

CMNJ

DIS Veteran
Hi! Haven’t been down since before Covid and gifted a short resort stay to family with some expiring points. I think everything in Kidani is open but I seem to recall seeing that maybe just the pool bar and the quick service at Jambo House is open and with limited hours? Is that still correct? Also both pools and the kids splash area are open correct? I’m assuming a lot of the extras aren’t happening right now with the hotel side still being closed (all the different cultural activities they had the last time we stayed there). Thanks for any up to date info. They’ve never stayed there and want to make sure I give them the most accurate info to enjoy the beautiful resort.

Kidani is open for pretty much it all. Mara is open but only for breakfast and even that has limited offerings.

Jamho pool and pool bar are open but don’t know hours. Not much else going on there right now.

Sanaa is open for breakfast and dinner at Kidani. None of the other FS restaurants are open fight now.

Sanaa is open for breakfast and dinner at Kidani. None of the other FS restaurants are open fight now.

Sanaa is also open for lunch too and you can do take out mobile order from there through MDE. I highly recommend the bread service and the tandoori chicken meal. The butter chicken is also delicious but the really raised the price for that and I find the tandoori chicken is a much better value.
Jambo house is very quiet, it’s the perfect time to get Instagram worthy pictures in the empty lobby. Have a wonderful trip!!

Sanaa is also open for lunch too and you can do take out mobile order from there through MDE. I highly recommend the bread service and the tandoori chicken meal. The butter chicken is also delicious but the really raised the price for that and I find the tandoori chicken is a much better value.
Jambo house is very quiet, it’s the perfect time to get Instagram worthy pictures in the empty lobby. Have a wonderful trip!!
Never been in the room at lunch time, so would never know.

We were unable to book a reservation at this resort this stay (had to “settle” for another great DVC resort) but were curious as to exploring some of the activities on site at AKL. Is this resort open to non-guest visitors?

We were unable to book a reservation at this resort this stay (had to “settle” for another great DVC resort) but were curious as to exploring some of the activities on site at AKL. Is this resort open to non-guest visitors?
Yes, you can visit any Disney resort if you arrive via Disney transportation. You might be able to drive yourself to AKL, since it’s not a near park resort, but I haven’t heard yay or nay on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter