What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Pulled some beer batter fish filets out of the freezer and added rice, leftover coleslaw and broccoli florets to the menu. After baking the fish added some mirin atop and placed the veg and starch on the plate.
Ate pineapple for dessert.

Last night we shared a ribeye w/ sauteed mushrooms and onion, spinach gratin and mashed potatoes at the hotel restaurant.

Tonight we're finally back home and cooking for DS. I made spaghetti w/meat sauce and cheddar biscuits.

Finally made the gefilte/quenelles and it was pretty easy except for the forming step. Normally you use two large spoons to shape them into football shape. Impossible for me to accomplish so I threw tradition to the wind and used an ice scooper. Not as elegant in looks but tastes the same. Most went into the freezer for “Florida Man’s” (the man’s brother, 😆 ) May visit but poached a few for last night’s dinner. Served with roasted carrots making me a happy camper.
Bought some Haagan Daz ice cups on sale a few weeks back so had a vanilla one with U-Bet chocolate syrup for dessert.

Tonight, it’ll be some kind of shrimp dish; haven’t decided exactly how to make it yet but a look in the fridge will probably help.

I batch cooked for the week today, so the fridge is stocked

Tonight will be meatloaf (assembled, just need to bake), mashed potatoes (made and in fridge), roast carrots (made, in fridge), and a salad. Just need to wash and chop that up .

Other meals this week;

Kielbasa, cheese spaetzel, sauerkraut, roast carrots

Omelettes and fried potatoes (baked those today, will just need to slice and throw in a pan to fry)

Burgers, pasta salad (made), roast carrots

Tacos (made the black beans and the avocado spread today).

Also made hardboiled eggs, pea salad, farro salad, and jello for lunches. Grilled up a few spinach/feta chicken sausages for DH to grab with some of the salad for lunches.

And then I was going to pre make my smoothies but my ninja died last night 😭😭

Was a busy morning. Going to curl up with the book, the cats, the coffee now.

I have no idea what DH and the resident 7 year old had for dinner last night; I have what we suspect is norovirus and didn't leave my bedroom, couldn't even contemplate food. Feeling better today but still wrung out, so I'll take it easy. They might get leftover pizza from the weekend, or I'll have DH take the boy to McD's or something. I'm wiped.

Burger is on sale here this week so guess what our dinners will revolve around... once I can contemplate food again, that is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter