What’s more unique: The Coral Reef or Sci Fi Dine in?

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
Hey all thinking about doing something special for someone but need some quick advise on where to dine?

What do you guys think is a lore unique experience for someone’s first disney dining experience?

Thanks all :)

Another vote for Sci Fi.

You can find restaurants with large fish tanks in them, but there is nowhere besides Sci Fi that simulates night time in a drive-in theater. Even if you have a drive-in where you live, you’re not going to get a meal served to your car.

I like the both the atmosphere and food much better at Sci Fi. We dined at both on our last trip and really felt like the food was lacking at Coral Reef. While it is really nice to have that awesome view of the fish tank, you really cannot get an experience like the one you get at Sci Fi anywhere else.

Sci Fi

You can also see the Aquarium without eating in Coral Reef. Also, Coral Reef is in a park with a lot of much better restaurants.

They are both unique for their own reasons. Both Coral Reef and Sci-Fi are must do's on our trips. My son is 10 and asks for both of these restaurants when we are planning.

If your group really enjoy marine life, then eating next to the enormous floor to ceiling aquarium at Coral Reef is amazing.
Sci-Fi is just overall fun environment with the old move trailers playing while you dine in your pretend drive-in car. It's also one of the coolest and quietest places in all of WDW which makes for a very welcome break, especially on a hot summer day.

Food wise, there are not a ton of non-seafood selections at Coral Reef. I usually get the striploin and it's always been pretty good. But if steak of seafood aren't your thing, then Coral Reef wouldn't be a good choice. Where as Sci-Fi has more diner type food that will likely satisfy a wider audience. You can always check the menus to see which is more appealing.

If you do not get a table right next to the tank, all you are left with at Coral Reef is mediocre food. The food tastes so much better when you are staring right at the tank.

Sci Fi is a very unique experience for everyone who dines there.

Definitely Sci Fi.

Not sure about other areas of the US, but the Houston area has two Landry's restaurants called the Aquarium. I believe there are also Aquarium locations in Denver and Nashville. The aquariums at the various restaurants range from 50,000 gallons to 200,000 gallons. I realize that's small compared to the size of the 5.7M gallons in Epcot's aquarium, but the amount of visible aquarium in the restaurant is on par with what you get at the Landry's spots.

If you are paying cash, SciFi is far and away the better value. Their burgers are excellent—among the best I’ve had at WDW, but they cost just a couple dollars more that a standard QS burger.

Coral Reef is the better value on the Dining Plan, but I’d pick SciFi anyhow. Or you could use 1 TS at CR and pay OOP for SciFi. It’s not much more money than QS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter