What are some unique or somewhat secret things to do or see for the frequent visitor?

lborne

It all started with a rabbit
We go to US/IOA quite often and are looking for some different things to do or see. Kind of feel like we've done it all - although it was a while until we had seen the large piece of the Berlin wall or sat at the Margaritaville bar and saw the volcano erupt and pour into the giant blender. We eaten at most all places, including the resorts, and drank at most bars. More recently, we spent some time at the NBC sports bar, but unless there is an event we want to see, its not that interesting. Lately, we are in the parks with the kids until after lunch, then hang out at the resort pool. It's fantastic, but is there something we are missing? What do you like to do?

Berlin wall????

Yep, piece of the Berlin wall......picture from 2009....

I think we walked out the quiet gate towards HRC and came across it.....

i-CTSGr5V-X2.jpg

Have you considered vacationing elsewhere if you are tired of US/IOA?
Ha. Yes, we vacation about 6 weeks a year elsewhere. But we live close to Orlando and we enjoy just laying by the resort pool or spending half a day at the spas. Like I said, that is fantastic, but just wanted to be sure I was not missing some little thing.

I don't think it's particularly "secret" but sometimes we like to take in the less popular shows. The Frog Choir, some of the singing ones around Universal. We also made a point to try some of the non-Butterbeer drinks (like the fizzy orange juice and lemon squash. The fishy green ale too but that was a little too weird for us). I can't remember what it's called but we visited a dinosaur exhibit area in Universal. It's a little silly but there's AC and my son really enjoyed it. Hope this helps!

Have you seen the Hogwarts light shows at dusk? I believe there is a new Cinematic Spectacular show in the USO lagoon. Rooftop bar at Aventura? Something that I know for a fact you haven't experienced yet is Hagrid's Motorbike ride :P.

Have you seen the Hogwarts light shows at dusk? I believe there is a new Cinematic Spectacular show in the USO lagoon. Rooftop bar at Aventura? Something that I know for a fact you haven't experienced yet is Hagrid's Motorbike ride :P.
No we have not done the rooftop bar. We did the Cinematic Spectacular show and it proved difficult to see the videos clearly. Thanks for the suggestions. We were there this weekend and my son kept going by Hagrids in case they would do a soft opening. No such luck, but we will be back as soon as it is open.

Look for all the little things around DA. One of the things I can think of that I didn't see mentioned online when I originally found this out is, someone in Ollivander told me of how Borgin and Burkes has the vanishing cabinet, but not only you can feel the bird in there (not just hear it), but also it's the vanishing cabinet from the actual film.

Also, Hard Rock Cafe has a tour, as well as MIB and The Mummy. The ride ones depends and you'll just have to ask (heard Kong has one too, but do not know how possible that is to occur, as ride tours depend on staffing / how busy the ride is), but HRC's tour should be always available, it's just certain hours, just ask ahead / call, as I do not know the process on making arrangements, because for me when I had it, it was a surprise.

Also, if you're not shy, I would watch Horror Make Up Show and when they ask, "What movie is this from?" And the kids shout, "ET!" Shout something really random and see what kind of response you get from "Alex and Mark/Marty". I'm too shy for that, but I've always wanted to secretly do that to see if they'd say something. I don't know about you, but I love this show and it never gets old for me, as it always seems different depending on the actors you get, as well as the audience members who participate.

Last edited:
If you go during the Mardi Gras season, you can sign up to be in the parade. My daughter and I did that last year and she loved it. You get to ride on a float and throw out bead necklaces to all the people watching the parade. It was very different to experience the parade while on a float rather than on the side of the street watching it go by.

Try going to the different restaurants and lounges at the resorts for meals. And just take your time and really notice all the small details. Have you tried all the spells in both DA and Hogsmeade? And just looked at all the details in Harry’s world? I love to just absorb the music and all the details at the entrance into US.
I know there’s a thread somewhere on here from the distant past about tips and secrets, maybe someone on here can link that for you...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter