What are the chances of booking a

jimonb

Earning My Ears
what are the chances of booking a studio that sleeps 5 for Friday thru Wednesday Dec. 7th-12th at the 7 month window? Our preference would be the Polynesian...

Lower than very low. Right now there is only a single night at the Polynesian or Boulder Ridge.

Close to zero, IMO. There is no studio that sleeps 5 available even now for your dates and it is reasonable to assume that there are already waitlists for that time.

You'd have much better chance of getting a 1 bedroom that sleeps 5 at 7 months. Of course, those will cost more points.

I would echo everyone else, slim to none. Especially at Poly. It took me 4 months of stalking just to get a studio for this coming weekend and I only was able to get 2 nights (wanted 3). The crazy thing is I never expected to get on for a holiday weekend. I've been stalking with Wait Lists since last August for ANY weekend in January or February and somehow got lucky for this weekend. My point is, these two months aren't anywhere near in the demand that December is and it took a miracle...

FTR, I was willing to accept ANY studio at ANY resort, and still had a hell of a time.

Since studios are so elusive, is 150 points at SSR going to be enough for us to stay at all of the DVC resorts eventually, or do I need to add more to be able to book 1 bedrooms? We usually travel in mid- late August, except for this year we are going in early December.

Since studios are so elusive, is 150 points at SSR going to be enough for us to stay at all of the DVC resorts eventually, or do I need to add more to be able to book 1 bedrooms? We usually travel in mid- late August, except for this year we are going in early December.
Depends on time of the year. You can check the point charts to see if 150 will cover your trip for a particular time & resort.

Availability in August is usually good for WDW resorts, but not great for the beach resorts if you book right at 7 months. You'll need to book at 11 months for early December at WDW. You would be lucky to get a studio anywhere at WDW at 7 months for early December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter