• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are the chances?

Disneybridewifemama

DIS Veteran
We are leaving in 16 days (YAY!)
We are silver, the other two parties in our group are new.
We weren't able to get palo brunch, character breakfast, princess gathering or frozen meet together.
Character meetings are all 15 or 30 minutes apart from each other Palo is an hour apart.

What are the chances of getting on the ship and being able to talk to guest services about switching our times so we can all be together?
For brunch, its two adults in our party, three is theirs. Our ressi is 10:30, there's is 11:30.

For character meets, we have three kids total. So, not huge group. 5 adults, 3 princesses.
For the character meets, we don't need to adults in the photos or officially to "meet" them. We mainly just want the kids to be together and accompanied by at least one adult, obviously.

Our character breakfast reservation is 15 minutes apart. We weren't able to move anything around to accommodate times, and we've tried multiple times since online check in.

Also, if 6 of us have an 11:30 PAT and 1 has 12:30, can he come with us to check in so we can all get on the ship together?

I can answer the Character meets question: If the times are 15 to 30 minutes apart, they may let you all just go at the latest time. And for the Princess Gathering, since it is in the atrium, you could just send the 3 kids together at the time you have tickets for at least 3 people, and the adults can stand outside of the roped off area (right next to the kids as they go through the line.) When they get to the front of the line, you can just step in to take your own photos . . . There will also be a Shutters Photographer there taking photos. The character photos shouldn't be too much of a problem. Sorry, can't offer any ideas/assistance for Palo or character breakfast, except go to Guest Services as soon as you get on the ship.

Have fun!

Also, if 6 of us have an 11:30 PAT and 1 has 12:30, can he come with us to check in so we can all get on the ship together?

He is welcome to check in with you, but his boarding number will match his PAT.

Disney clearly states that for groups with 2 different Boarding Groups, they may bore together with the higher number. So the rest of you may board with him when his group is called.

We weren't able to get palo brunch, character breakfast, princess gathering or frozen meet together.
Character meetings are all 15 or 30 minutes apart from each other Palo is an hour apart.

What are the chances of getting on the ship and being able to talk to guest services about switching our times so we can all be together?
For brunch, its two adults in our party, three is theirs. Our ressi is 10:30, there's is 11:30.

For character meets, we have three kids total. So, not huge group. 5 adults, 3 princesses.
For the character meets, we don't need to adults in the photos or officially to "meet" them. We mainly just want the kids to be together and accompanied by at least one adult, obviously.

Our character breakfast reservation is 15 minutes apart. We weren't able to move anything around to accommodate times, and we've tried multiple times since online check in.

Go to guest services upon boarding to check on any character events.

You will be given a Navigator at check-in that will list a location for Palo. It will probably be about 1pm in one of the restaurants.

You can check in together, but will probably have different boarding numbers. If you all want to board together, you can go with the highest number. However, the ship may be at open boarding before 12:30.

I can answer the Character meets question: If the times are 15 to 30 minutes apart, they may let you all just go at the latest time. And for the Princess Gathering, since it is in the atrium, you could just send the 3 kids together at the time you have tickets for at least 3 people, and the adults can stand outside of the roped off area (right next to the kids as they go through the line.) When they get to the front of the line, you can just step in to take your own photos . . . There will also be a Shutters Photographer there taking photos. The character photos shouldn't be too much of a problem. Sorry, can't offer any ideas/assistance for Palo or character breakfast, except go to Guest Services as soon as you get on the ship.

Have fun!

This was my hope too, but it states that an adult has to be part of the party, which would make us 4. I’m just not sure how strict they are about that. I’ve never traveled with another family before so this is all new to me.

I was unable to get my parents a Palo brunch (this was their first time sailing) last week, but had no issues adding two onto my reservation by showing up at the area designated in the navigator at checkin before they opened. I was fourth in line and the booth we were seated at would have comfortably sat 5 - it all is going to depend on the party sizes there at the same time as you though. Your best shot is going there and hoping for the best. Everyone in front of me got their requests as well.

I went with my parents to the princess meet and greet with them and asked the CM working there if I might go with them even though my tickets were for 15 minutes later and he said no problem but this is also going to be up to their discretion if you do it that way. I'd probably have one adult go deal with Palo and the other go to GS to ask about getting official timed tickets for the greets and breakfast if possible.

We skipped the breakfast...

Good luck! :)

just got off the disney wonder and we had the same situation happen for the breakfast with characters. we were told to just show up with the party that has the tickets and see if they let you in. my family actually had reservations and i forgot my tickets in the room, so when i was asked for my tickets i really did forget them in my room. they let us all in. we were a party of 13 and 4 of them did not have a reservation.

just got off the disney wonder and we had the same situation happen for the breakfast with characters. we were told to just show up with the party that has the tickets and see if they let you in. my family actually had reservations and i forgot my tickets in the room, so when i was asked for my tickets i really did forget them in my room. they let us all in. we were a party of 13 and 4 of them did not have a reservation.
Thank you! Makes me feel hopeful!

Honestly if 6 people all have the earlier time, and only 1 person has a later boarding card, just all walk up together and board together. Chances are if you are all at the check in desk together they will give you the same boarding card (that was our experience when we had 3 individual reservations for our large family).

Many people will disagree, but 1 extra person isn’t going to cause a boarding delay and the person taking the boarding number isn’t going to say “oh wait there are 7 of you, back to the end of the line”.

My experience on the Magic last week was this.....was not able to get any Princess M&G's or Frozen M&G's or character breakfasts before our cruise. Upon boarding I went to GS and was told to head to Port Adventures. I was able to get 3 tix for both M&G's and I was put on a waiting list for the Character Breakfast. That night there were tix for the character breakfast for the next morning in our fish. I did not care what times I got for any of the events and I was one of the first 20 people onboard. Hope this helps.

MJ

I was just on the Oct 14th Fantasy cruise and when we booked at 75 days out, the princess and Frozen M&G were already sold out. I kept checking back but no luck. They cut off activity changes 3 days before the cruise, which was Oct 11th for us. The day before that, on Oct 10th, suddenly there was new availability for both meet & greets and we were able to get both of them - and so was just about everyone in my fb cruise group. So I'm thinking they added new dates & times. So you may be able to keep watching and rebook everyone together.

we showed up 45 min late to frozen meet and greet (due to time change, thought 15 min early). Nothing was said and we were admitted without incident. We did not realize we were late until well after the event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter