What are the Covid vaccine eligibility in your city/county

Just to share my story--- Here in NYC--- went to my PCP for a referral on Friday--- (Underlying condition- Hypertension) managed to secure an appt for the J & J this morning at 4:15AM !!! (Monday) --- Had to fill out form online for the underlying, and brought referral. Went to Javits Center--- they handled like a machine, with the Natl Guard handling--- they never asked for the paperwork at all- I asked around while I was waiting in the "holding area"-- not one person was asked. From what I heard, they just want to get as many people vaccinated as possible.

I had a similar experience in late January at Gillette Stadium in Massachusetts. They only asked to see my appt confirmation email - asked for no identification, no proof of my job (was still only open to phase 1 health care workers and first responders). However, when I went back for my second shot at the end of February, they asked to see my confirmation email and my identification that time.

My state has an "honor" system. AKA you fill out a form and check off why you need one in the earlier phases. Turns out 90% of the people need them in earlier phases... go figure.

Phase 1A but apparently the very populous counties around Philly aren’t getting enough doses. The 4 counties have over 2-1/2 million people and people are having problems signing up.

Phase 1A is the first vaccine distribution step. The vaccine is currently being distributed to:
  • Long-term care facility residents
  • Health care personnel including, but not limited to:
    • Emergency medical service personnel
    • Nurses
    • Nursing assistants
    • Physicians
    • Dentists
    • Dental hygienists
    • Chiropractors
    • Therapists
    • Phlebotomists
    • Pharmacists
    • Technicians
    • Pharmacy technicians
    • Health professions students and trainees
    • Direct support professionals
    • Clinical personnel in school settings or correctional facilities
    • Contractual HCP not directly employed by the health care facility
  • Persons not directly involved in patient care but potentially exposed to infectious material that can transmit disease among or from health care personnel and patients
  • Persons ages 65 and older
  • Persons ages 16-64 with high-risk conditions:
    • Cancer
    • Chronic kidney disease
    • COPD
    • Down Syndrome
    • Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
    • Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant or from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines
    • Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
    • Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
    • Pregnancy
    • Sickle cell disease
    • Smoking
    • Type 2 diabetes mellitus

Update for TVguy....they have added homeless. All the medical, pharmacy clerks, teachers front line/police/emt have been for awhile. My daughter's 28 year old healthy friend who works fast food has an appointment but yet those with severe medical conditions are not yet able to make an appointment. I had someone in the governor's office tell me that his strategy is to keep the positive rates down vs states like FL that appear to be prioritizing those who would most likely have to be hospitalized.
Trying to figure out what you mean by "States that Appear"

• Paid and unpaid healthcare workers
  • Residents and workers of long-term care and high-risk congregate care facilities
  • First responders including sworn law enforcement and fire professionals
  • Individuals aged over 65
  • Individuals aged 16-64 that have certain medical conditions that increase the risk of severe illness from the virus
  • Pre-K to 12 educators and staff
  • Childcare workers in licensed and registered settings
I copied the above from the NJ.gov site. I am in Camden County, and according to the above both my aunt and I are eligible so I booked in January and got us both appointments on April 11th at the mega-site in the Moorestown Mall.

Minnesota:

As of tomorrow...copied from an email I received....

vaccine eligibility will expand to the next two groups of priority populations. Of these newly-eligible Minnesotans, the state has directed providers to prioritize appointments for individuals in the first of these groups. Providers will then have the flexibility to offer available appointments to people in the second group.

The first group includes:
  • People with specific underlying health conditions: Sickle cell disease, Down Syndrome, or oxygen-dependent chronic lung or heart conditions, and those who are in active cancer treatment or immunocompromised from organ transplant
  • Targeted essential workers: Food processing plant workers
  • Minnesotans with rare conditions or disabilities that put them at higher risk of severe illness
The second group includes:
  • People age 45 and older with ONE or more of the following underlying medical conditions; or, age 16 and over with TWO or more of the following underlying medical conditions:
    • Active cancer
    • Chronic kidney disease
    • COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
    • Diabetes - Type 1 or 2
    • Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
    • Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from HIV, bone marrow disease, chronic steroids for more than 30 days, immunodeficiency disease, or from taking immunosuppressive medications
    • Obesity - body mass index (BMI) greater than 30 kg/m2
    • Pregnancy
  • People 50+ in multi-generational housing
  • Essential frontline workers: Agricultural, airport staff, additional child care workers not previously eligible, correctional settings, first responders, food production, food retail, food service, judicial system workers, manufacturing, public health workers, public transit, Postal Service workers.

I think it is statewide here in IN, basically anybody 50+, high risk health conditions, and healthcare workers etc...

Reactions: Kae
I signed up on the state site myvaccine.fl.gov in the “not currently eligible” section a few weeks ago. Today I got an email in Sumter Co with a code to get a vaccine this week! I’m super pumped. I hope it’s not an error. I’m in the 60+ age group.
Lucky you! I have also signed up with that site, but am waiting for the group that follows the 60+ group. I kind of hope they drop it to 50+ for the following round so my sister can get it too, but so long as it’s 55+ I can get one. It’s frustrating to see that if I lived in other states I could have had it by now.

Ohio moves to age 50 and up starting tomorrow, 3/11/21. We can't find an appt. anywhere right now. The state expects to open up some mass vaccination sites in the coming weeks, although as of today the site closest to me is for age 65 and up or with certain medical conditions. I hope appointments open up soon.

I signed up on the state site myvaccine.fl.gov in the “not currently eligible” section a few weeks ago. Today I got an email in Sumter Co with a code to get a vaccine this week! I’m super pumped. I hope it’s not an error. I’m in the 60+ age group.

I get text updates through that site, and haven't received a "signup" one yet....

I'm hoping that yours isn't an error (for you)

Monday, March 15 the eligibility age drops to 60+ statewide in Florida.

No word yet on when it might drop below 60, but I don't think it's going to be very long.

https://www.local10.com/news/florida/2021/03/05/who-is-eligible-for-covid-19-vaccine-in-florida/

Apr 20 is my (ugh) 50th. (I did not put the correct date when I signed up here, haha, so my account shows my bday as 4/1/69. :rotfl2: Does anyone really put their real birthdates into online forums and such? Unless it's for credit, I certainly don't.)

Wouldn't that be just an appropriate 2021 birthday present? LOL

Lucky you! I have also signed up with that site, but am waiting for the group that follows the 60+ group. I kind of hope they drop it to 50+ for the following round so my sister can get it too, but so long as it’s 55+ I can get one. It’s frustrating to see that if I lived in other states I could have had it by now.
Florida is doing better than many other states just read through these post.

Massachusetts

I and my husband just got our first shots on 3/5 and 3/6 (educators). Appointments can be hard to get, but not impossible if you are patient and persistant (got ours at CVS in Franklin County (Greenfield) Masschuetts)

As reported above, Florida goes to 60+ statewide on Monday -- and today the Governor announced that we'll go to 55+ "soon."

He also announced that almost 60% of seniors in the state had been vaccinated, and several counties have vaccinated more than 70% of their seniors.

He also talked about the positive benefits of the vaccination successes.

“We have a 75% decrease in cases for 65 and up since the first week of January, and we have a 75% decrease in hospitalizations among seniors since the beginning of February,” DeSantis said.

https://www.local10.com/news/politi...ks-to-reporters-at-lake-sumter-state-college/

A separate story gave the latest totals from the Florida Department of Health: "At least 3,784,870 people have received vaccines in Florida, with 2,031,584 people in the state fully vaccinated."

Last edited:
Just got a call from a local pharmacy and notified by a local health network in email so it seems PA got some kind of shipment!

They just made it 60 years and above regardless of health status.
The closest site by us had approximately 20,000 appointments available today starting mid April going into May 21 and now there are about 8,000 left.
Suffolk County, NY

North Dakota- I was able to get mine today. I think being even 10 pounds overweight counts as a high risk medical condition since that’s the only thing I marked on my questionnaire for the wait list.

North Dakota Department of Health criteria for individuals in Phase 1C are as follows:

• National Guard, not previously covered
  • Workers enabling access to human food (i.e., grocery workers)
  • Public safety answering points (911)
  • Manufacturing related to the development or supply of COVID-19 vaccine
  • Other healthcare/public health workers not included in phase 1A
  • Free standing clinical laundries
  • Public transit, including bus, taxi, ride-share
  • Persons age 16 – 64 with one or more high-risk medical conditions
  • Blood bank workers not previously vaccinated
  • Information Technology
  • All other essential workers per Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter