What are you doing on boxing day?

Grandson and his new bride were supposed to fly into Detroit from Southern California to spend Christmas week with the whole family. Their flight was cancelled Christmas Eve. Bummer. They could make it to Denver where their plane was waiting but Denver could not refuel any other planes so they were not allowing them to land. Two of the new granddaugher's aunts are Southwest Flight Attendants, both based in SO Cal. One was stuck in Miami and one stuck in Texas somewhere. Much disappointment but that poor couple would not have been dressed for the weather we are having. They will try it again in May when Michigan shows a kinder land.

Holiday here for the most part.
We did nothing. Just relaxed finally! Nice to just be home for one day with nothing pressing to do! I did do laundry.
Tomorrow I have a few small projects to work on and will make lasagna.

DD1's home nurse came today so waited for that, dd2 and ds2 went shopping for sales today. (Hickory Farms is having a 50 off sale), Ds1 drove to LA so I had to go feed his dog. While there, I did 2 loads of laundry and watched the last 2 episodes of Harry and Meghan. We ate left over chinese food.

Absolutely nothing. For us its a day to recover from Christmas Day. Plus it was to hot to do much. We took the dogs for an early morning walk on the beach and a swim before it got busy. And the rest of the day was spent inside in the aircon.

I skipped the sales this year but went walking early with friends, bit of time at a cafe then a nice afternoon nap.

Against my better judgment, I hit the sales... wanted to find some stuff on sale for half off. I DID get most what I was looking for, but it was an experience to say the least.

We also had a party last night. I wish I had a couple more days off just to start putting some of this stuff away.

I replaced the door handle on my car. The dealer was going to charge a few hundred dollars. I did it for $15, 2 hours of my time, a couple bloody knuckles, and some curse words.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter