what are your favorite papers?

BevS97

disney scrapper
Because I am in the UK, I don't have the luxury of taking my photo's to the LSS and choosing the best paper for the specific photo. Instead, I have to order paper via the internet or mail-order (or CM) and so I have to try and choose paper that will do for a number of scenarios.

So far, I have had a pack of Great Backgrounds from Paper Pizzaz, and also the Making Disney Scrapbook pages book, which has a load of Disney paper in the back. I also have the CM shortcuts pack, plus some solid paper which came in a scrapbook starter kit.

I really don't like the Great Backgrounds paper - they are all very busy and I just can't see a nice way to use them, and although I have used the Disney paper a little, I am not that big a fan of that either.
I do like the shortcuts, and have used that a few times.

What I would love to know is what basic paper do you like to keep in stock, plain or patterned, I don't mind. I would prefer something that came in a pack rather than individual sheets as it's pricey to bulk buy single sheets, and hard to guess exactly which one's I will be able to use.

I quite like the look of Pastel Plaids but I'm a bit worried about ordering more paper I won't use.

Bev

Bev-

I mostly use CM paper. Solid colors mostly. I'm not a big fan of patterned paper with large patterns. I don't "back" my page with a solid sheet of paper before I put my pictures down anyway, but it seems like I just don't ever use anything with too large of a pattern. I do like pattern paper to use the letter templates to cut letters from. Sometimes I will do this, and then mat the letter with a coordinating solid. I usually don't buy big packs, because I am not apt to use everything in there, although I use most of the Cm paper out of the pack. I don't usually find myself looking for a specific print unless there is a certain look I want i.e. "wood" or "water" or whatever. The patterned paper I usually buy is a small pattern, plaid, gingham etc... I did buy some patterned paper over the weekend (the company was Sonburn) to make a paper piecing I printed off of the two peas website. It was for a summer purse and flip flop sandals, so I bought some pretty wild prints. It turned out very cute. If you would like to see it, here it the link:

http://communities.msn.com/TheScrapVine/yummy72salbum.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=213

Happy Scrappin'
Candi

I use very few white backgrounds. I like colored backgrounds. I use a lot of plaids and prints.

You can order a free catalogue from http://www.keepingmemoriesalive.com/ They have a lot of coordinated packets.

I am fortunate to have a LSS just 15 minutes away but before it opened I ordered much of my paper from Keeping Memories Alive.

I also like wubie paper.

Chessie

Thanks guys, anyone else have any favorites?

I think I am with both of you, I don't always use a white background, but if it's not white then it will be a solid color. I would like to be a bit more adventurous but I am just not that inspired.

The layouts that appeal to be the most tend to be the plaids/ginghams/dots - small subtle patterns.

I'm off ot take a look at Keeping Memories Alive. Unfortunately I can't view your layout yummy (the msn site is blocked at work).

Chessie - what is wubie paper?

Bev

Bev,

My house is decorated in what you might call French country, for a lack of a better description. So mixing plaids prints and stripes come natural to me. Wubie paper is different. It is sort of backgroundish.

I used the pool water and sand paper for snorkeling pictures, the beach paper for Castaway Cay and I cut the red and orange colored area away from one of the wilds and used it as flames for some motorcycle pictures.

It creates a different look, spices up your book a bit. It's kind of in your face without being tacky.

Here is a web page that will give you an idea of the Wubie designs.

Have fun, Chessie

http://www.wubieprints.com/View/view.html

papers for backgrounds is with plain mats of some width (at least 3/16 - 1/4") under the photos. I did my AKL sunset pages on a very florid sunset pattern paper and they look great. THe hardest thing is to convince yourself to try it - which is one place my scrapbook store comes in handy - because the shop keeper is always encouraging -- BE BOLD! And, she's inevitably right.

I use a ton of black paper, red paper, jewel color paper - I love color. I cut up a lot of the disney paper and use the page elements for embellishments like borders and stuff. Actually, I love paper! I almost never use stickers or die cuts, but wow! My paper bills are staggering!

Well, I'm pretty much loyal to CM paper. I'm not a pattern kind of girl - not even in my wardrobe. I love CM's colors. I cannot wait for the new Scenic paper pack to come out. The colors look so awesome! I do like some of their patterns, though. I especially like the gingham, water and grass papers. I usually use them for a border or for title blocks. That way they don't look too obnoxious.

I use all kinds of papers. For my Disney pages, I find myself drawn to either bold basic colors (black, red, white, bright yellow or green) or pastels (soft pink, blue, mint, buttery yellow) About the only patterns I use in my Disney books is red with white polk-a-dots for some odd reason!

I don't just use white backgrounds. I use lots of different colors. AK pages tend to lend themselves well to greens and browns. I think I have bought every shade of green and brown that they make LOL!! Epcot is fun to do because you can be creative with all the different countries. I like doing pages that reflect the theme of the country I'm doing. Very rarely do I use patterned paper for the background, but I have some paper that has little tiny cherry blossoms on it that I am planning on using for the Japan pavillion. I do use quite a bit of patterned paper to mat my pictures though and it plays off pretty well.

I'm lucky in that I have 4 LSS's within an hour and a half's drive from my house, so I can really shop around. They all seem to compliment each other in what they carry as specialty items. They will even recommend the others when I can't find what I am looking for. <sigh> Now if they would only open a *real* scrapbook store at WDW I would be in heaven!

:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter