What are your first actions when the people you live with goes away and you have the house to yourself for a while?

i have only been alone in my home for at best-a total of 15 hours since january 2020. my disabled adult son developed crippling agoraphobia during the pandemic and despite intensive therapy he's only successfully left for a couple of hours at a time on a small handful of occasions.

Not cooking huge meals (my DH is a meat/starch/veggie guy - every meal!). I'm happy with a salad, or sandwich, or even just cheese/crackers. Something small and easy.

And I'd have to say watching "my TV shows" in the evening when relaxing after work.

Loud music, whatever food I want, watching what I want on TV, and wine. Depending on the time of year, maybe even take that party outside.

Turn everything off! My husband is one of those who has the TV on any time he's awake, and sometimes after he's dozed off too, so the ability to have actual quiet is fairly rare and much appreciated.

It's just DW and myself and since I'm the cook, dish washer, house cleaner, laundry guy, food shopper, pool and lawn guy +++, it's only less of her personal needs so *same old, same old.*

Soon to be 50 years :love::love: having begun our marriage both employed with the understanding that all of the money she made was hers and all of the money I made was hers and she takes care of the bills then she can do whatever she wants with the funds left over with no questions asked. Seems to have worked this long so if it ain't broke - no fix'n needed.

p.s. - there were some very difficult time$ and that's when "As you Wish" is truly tested.

Turn everything off! My husband is one of those who has the TV on any time he's awake, and sometimes after he's dozed off too, so the ability to have actual quiet is fairly rare and much appreciated.
Same here! Love the few moments of peace & quiet :)

Not cooking huge meals (my DH is a meat/starch/veggie guy - every meal!). I'm happy with a salad, or sandwich, or even just cheese/crackers. Something small and easy.

And I'd have to say watching "my TV shows" in the evening when relaxing after work.
My husband is exactly the same and I could care less what I eat. I’d be happy with a bowl of cereal. I’m so sick and tired of his old westerns and war movies too.

Well, it's always just me and the cat never leaves, so I do whatever I want all the time!

Honestly, nothing different than when my husband is here vs. gone.
Now the dog - well he likes it when one of us is gone because that means he gets the other side of the bed:rolleyes:

My husband has to watch 3 different things at the same time flipping during commercials. Drives me crazy! Fortunately for me sometimes he’ll turn something on and then fall asleep within 5 minutes.

Usually do computer work because I finally do not have people interrupting me. Once the PC work is done I clean. I cannot clean when my better half is around mainly because he's always saying 'can you do that later?'. We're both retired so later doesn't happen often anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter