What are your plans this year for the 4th of July.

Yeah, this is very early, but fun to think of😁

It is a Thursday, so working, but a nice short week, as we have the holiday Monday. 🤗 Hopefully not paying for the most bizarre winter, or non winter, as it’s so mild, we have zero snow.. I’ve seen wasps 🤷‍♀️

Yeah, this is very early, but fun to think of😁

It is a Thursday, so working, but a nice short week, as we have the holiday Monday. 🤗 Hopefully not paying for the most bizarre winter, or non winter, as it’s so mild, we have zero snow.. I’ve seen wasps 🤷‍♀️
It's so good to hear from you @mommasita . I haven't seen you on one of my threads in a while. I hope all is well with you. 😃

The 4th of July is a very big deal in our little (2.2 sq miles) Town
We have held a big celebration since 1933
Starting with a Ice Cream Social and Concert Band in the Park on June 26th
Then for the next few days we have Mack Firetruck Rides through the neighborhoods for the kids
A Kiddy Parade with decorated bikes, strollers, wagons etc. Followed by hot dogs and prizes at the Park
Then a Fun Run for everyone
5K Freedom Run
Arts & Crafts Fair - Games & Rides at the Park
Little League All Star Games
Monster Truck Rides in the School Parking lot
$1,000 Firecracker Mile Run
Parade
Midway Rides & Games Clawson vs Troy Fire Departments Water Battle
Hot Dog Eating Contest
30 Minute Fireworks
Then those who came from other areas get to try and get back out of the City.
The rest of us just walk home.
Great fun though!

I’ll be leaving Disneyland in the morning and heading to LA to spend a few days. I’ve never been to LA or California for that matter, so anyone have any suggestions on what I should do in LA on July 4th?
Several cities in the area have parades and/or fireworks.

And though the big fireworks are outlawed, I'm sure if you get to high ground anywhere you'll see a bunch of people shooting them illegally.

Last edited:
Four months away, hoping the weather is nice!

We will be celebrating with family, enjoying food and drink together. In the evening, we can see the fireworks from our deck.
Hopefully everyone has an enjoyable day and evening, doing what they love!
🇺🇸 🎆 🥂 🍔

I don't think it's too early to start thinking about the 4th, at least if you are trying to make travel plans for a popular destination. If I wanted to go somewhere like Disney or a beach, I'd book a year out, or as far out as possible to get the accommodations I wanted. If I knew I was staying home, I would not think about it until a few days before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter